Sabres and NHL 2015-16

26CornerBlitz

I'm not really invested in either team. But I would love to see Joe Thorton win a cup. He has been a long time premier player and a good team player. He has been unfairly criticized because the team he has played for has fallen short. He is a great player and a class guy who is well respected by the players in the league. I would love to see him hoist the cup.

I lived in the Bay for 5 years in the early 90s when the Sharks were just turning into something, so I have a soft spot for them. Thorton is a terrific player and a great guy off the ice. I hope he scores the Cup winning OT goal at The Tank and the roof comes off the joint.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy non sequitur Batman!

Well, don't you think he is thinking of the Penguins getting Mario Lemieux and then getting Sydney Crosby and then getting Malkin and subsequently winning multiple Cups and how it would have been nice for the Sabres to reap the benefit of being the worst team the year a McDavid becomes available? The logic is implicit, but it's not hard to surmise.

I'm not really invested in either team. But I would love to see Joe Thorton win a cup. He has been a long time premier player and a good team player. He has been unfairly criticized because the team he has played for has fallen short. He is a great player and a class guy who is well respected by the players in the league. I would love to see him hoist the cup.

Any chance he comes to Buffalo?

WGRs Bulldog said he is going to the Adirondacks, wonder if this is him?

Any chance he comes to Buffalo?

Zero.

However, at the draft and later I do see the GM making some deals that will add scoring forwards to the top two lines; There are some good players who are on cap squeezed teams and will have to be moved. I don't believe that the Sabres will sign Stamkos but you never know.

Zero.

However, at the draft and later I do see the GM making some deals that will add scoring forwards to the top two lines; There are some good players who are on cap squeezed teams and will have to be moved. I don't believe that the Sabres will sign Stamkos but you never know.

Who would be good forwards that we might bring in?

Don't we need defensemen too?

I don't think our goalies are the greatest and I heard on WGR that Marc-Andre Fleury is not happy being a backup and may want to move, would he be an improvement?

What - Schopp or the Bulldog are taking some time off? Much needed - they are such workhorses.

BD said something like two weeks I think.

No!

I don't know much about hockey so it helps when others can fill me in. Sometimes I think It's better this way that way I won't get all bent out of shape when they do things I don't like, like the Bills do :D

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

They seriously get about 8 weeks off a year, it seems. And, they have a four hour workday. Whatever prep time they put in is negated by the time they just play reruns of interviews in the last hour.

Well, don't you think he is thinking of the Penguins getting Mario Lemieux and then getting Sydney Crosby and then getting Malkin and subsequently winning multiple Cups and how it would have been nice for the Sabres to reap the benefit of being the worst team the year a McDavid becomes available? The logic is implicit, but it's not hard to surmise.

Exactly. But no, we're Buffalo fans. We're not ALLOWED the best.

Second best, at best.

Who would be good forwards that we might bring in?

Don't we need defensemen too?

I don't think our goalies are the greatest and I heard on WGR that Marc-Andre Fleury is not happy being a backup and may want to move, would he be an improvement?

There are a number of teams that are cap stressed and will not be able to keep all their players. An example is the Rangers. Rick Nash has been a very productive scorer for him. He may be on the downside of his career but he is still a good player.

The team to watch on draft day with respect to a trade deal with the Sabres is Edmonton. They have a number of highly drafted forwards. They want to reconfigure their team in order to strengthen their defense. Buffalo would love to have one of their young quality forwards who would fit in age wise with Eichel and Reinhart.

Yes, the Sabres would like to add a top two pairing type defenseman but so do all teams. The talk is that if the Sabres stay at their draft position at the 8 spot they will take a defenseman. From what I have read and heard their is a sizable grouping to get one.

BD is such a joke. Can't believe that show still exists. This city deserves better than that pathetic station.

Sometimes inertia gets you further than talent.

I don't know much about hockey so it helps when others can fill me in. Sometimes I think It's better this way that way I won't get all bent out of shape when they do things I don't like, like the Bills do :D

Just know that the Sabres have lots of young talent, a coach who won a cup, lots of cap room and a GM not afraid to deal.

Sometimes inertia gets you further than talent.

Just know that the Sabres have lots of young talent, a coach who won a cup, lots of cap room and a GM not afraid to deal.

What makes it even more fun to follow the Sabres is not the immediate record but watching the process of building a team basically from scratch into a cup contender. It's not an easy process and it is not a quick process. But if you do things right and are willing to go through the excruciating process instead of taking the short cuts that only get you to being an irrelevant average team then the end product is not only worthwhile but an exciting product.

As you noted the Sabres have the right type of owner (committed), the coach and most importantly the GM. The GM has the right plan and he has the fortitude and action-spirit to get it done.