Game Film is Clear: These aren't the same old Bills

YoloinOhio

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/09/15/game-film-clear-these-aren-same-old-bills/SidYuk3I6u0N5I50f0aZ3I/story.html

We were curious how the Bills would look this year, with Ryan now pushing the buttons on defense and former 49ers offensive coordinator Greg Roman calling the plays.

So we flipped on the All-22 coaches film of the Bills Week 1 victory, and one thing immediately became clear: These are not the same old Buffalo Bills.

pretty good article by the Globe, thanks for linking it Yolo; I had to take notice, however, of the following opinion:

" Cordy Glenn is an underrated left tackle, and Eric Wood is still one of the best centers in the game."

wow - it seems to me that the majority of TBD posters would disagree.

My takeaway is that this version of our Buffalo Bills very much appears to have taken on the identity & persona of its head coach. My most vivid example would be the way the Bills secondary tackled any Colts receiver - immediately & violently.

My takeaway is that this version of our Buffalo Bills very much appears to have taken on the identity & persona of its head coach. My most vivid example would be the way the Bills secondary tackled any Colts receiver - immediately & violently.

I have not any press on that. Almost all of the press on special teams is on the kickers.

Wow I am shocked to read a positive unbiased article from someone in Boston

CBF

Looking at his Bio he is from Florida originally, and used to cover the Dolphins, so he probably has not been fully indoctrinated yet into the New England mindset.

I live in Maine and listen to WEEI (Boston Sports Radio Station) often. This morning, everyone but one radio personality was calling for a Bills win. I couldn't believe my ears. They also referenced this article.

Not sure how I feel about all the bandwagoners, but hey, it's nice to be on the other side for a change! Go Bills!!!

pretty good article by the Globe, thanks for linking it Yolo; I had to take notice, however, of the following opinion:

" Cordy Glenn is an underrated left tackle, and Eric Wood is still one of the best centers in the game."

wow - it seems to me that the majority of TBD posters would disagree.

Yeah, I saw that too: "And the offensive line was outstanding, although the Colts looked horrific up front. Richie Incognito was fantastic in his first game as the Bills’ left guard, paving huge holes for the running backs and giving Taylor plenty of time to throw. Cordy Glenn is an underrated left tackle, and Eric Wood is still one of the best centers in the game."

I agree that Cog played well and Glenn was OK. Wood seemed confused sometimes and Henderson gut his ass whupped by an average DL. I hope he comes out mad and determined to do better.

We're the same old Bills until we win some meaningful games and make a playoff run. We've had flashy players before. We've had 're-tread' coaches before. Hopefully this time it's the right combination of the two.

Actually, if you are really paying attention, none of this is what we've seen before. New rich owner, top-name coaches, insane free agent acquisitions, diamond-in-the-rough QB. Yeah, I remember all that happening before.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Sure, if you want to get pedantic about it.

In generalities, we've seen this before. Hopefully this time, the difference is sustained success. One step at a time :)

How general do you want to get? Have the Bills won games before. Sure. But that's about where the similarities to 2015 end.

How general do you want to get? Have the Bills won games before. Sure. But that's about where the similarities to 2015 end.

We've spent big money on big splashy players before. We've had new 'exciting' coaches. We've had 'proven' 're-tread' coaches. We've has young talent (or what we thought was young talent), etc etc. We've gotten off to hot starts on multiple occasions.

Again, I'm not predicting failure. I'm just uncomfortable with this assumption that it's different this time, before we've seen any results outside of one win against an overrated Colts.