At 2-0 will you believe?

Coastie

2-0 would be impressive. 6-0 even more. Then I might say I believe the Bills have made the right moves to ending the drought.

The eye test. Seeing is believing. Be happy, just don't be over zealous in your vision. The fall hurts much more if it happens. Not saying it will. just self preservation.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like I've waiting for years for the Pats** to fall back, so we could take over. Now I don't care how good the Pats are because I believe we are climbing up to where they are. Do I expect to win the Super Bowl this year? It's a tough road for any team so expecting Super Bowl feels a little over the top. I do believe we are a playoff team that can beat other playoff teams. I also think our opponents get a little tougher when they have more film to better prepare for our new systems installed this year.

FP

The Bills will be 2-0 after they destroy the cheaters.The offense will get better each week.The Defense is the only one in the nfl that says and can be one of the best ever.

Not only the o-Line but the entire team needs to stay healthy,thats the key.

This team is unlike the other Bills teams.Since the early 90s its the first time the Bills are very talented from the front office to the coaches to the product they put on the field.

Go Bills!!!!!

Edited by goldenboy81

16 years and counting Kirby..... :)

I mean....I think this team is different....but I get it when people arent ready to crown them

Oh, just to be clear I'm not telling anyone to buy in or not. All that I am saying is there is logical reason to have past seasons as a part of one's thinking. It is irrelevant.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

this is a really good team, with good coaches. I thought they would beat the Colts and a good chance of beating the Pats.

That game yesterday was different than the other fast starts IMO. Much more 'convincing' of a performance.

This is where I am. I never doubted we were going to win yesterday. I was utterly convinced we would win. I couldn't see how the Colts could beat us unless we turned it over a bunch of times. Now that says something about them as much as it does about us but there we go. I am not as convinced we beat New England. I think it will be a very tough game and I am very worried about how we cover Gronk. But can we win? Sure and if we are 2-0 through arguably the toughest two game stretch of the season on paper? Well then there is every chance.

Every time this offense scores 21 or more we have a great shot to win a football game.

Edited by GunnerBill

I'm honestly scared of 2-0. I want it, but the prospect of suddenly being a Super Bowl favorite frightens the hell out of this lifelong Bills fan.

Don't think we'll be a SB favorite at 2-0. Very few outside the Buff saw yesterday coming. National media usually slow to come around. SB favorite if we secure home field maybe. NE still top dog like it or not. Yes this is lousy grammar but I don't really care.

game of the century coming up

National TV game most likely with a pedestrian 1PM slate... Brady's 1st away game that he shouldnt be playing in. Most viewers will be rooting for Buffalo... Delirious crowd. A team that is a legit threat to make a statement to compete... not only for a playoff spot but things like byes.

Probably the biggest game, legitimately, since the music city miracle

Yep. this is all the marbles.

I was hyper ventilating at the Colts kickoff. I will be needing a defibrillator for the biggest game ever for El Pegula/ Rex's/ OUR Bills.

If they beat the Pats and i die. i will die happy.

I BILLIEVE !!!

Ask me when we get to 15-0

you are a tough nut buddy : )

It's a long season and a lot can happen. When the headline reads "clinched" I'll believe.

another proven cynic. Right fully so though ; )

This. I have high hopes. And I've been let down so many times.

I would hereby like to be totally inconsistent from thread to thread by proposing for Brady the new nickname "Rubber Tree Plant" and for Nickell Robey "the Little 'Ol Ant":

"Oooops, there goes another rubber tree plant"

Awesome gametime chant

your screen name rings true Thanks for being you!

I already believe this team is wonderfully skilled & talented and we'll be in the Playoffs this year. But, yes -to the OP, 2-0 gives my belief real teeth given the very recent accomplishments of these opponents. That will just make Week 3 in Miami all the more important. It's what winning does.

I don't know where else to put this... but my favorite part of the game was at 0:00 left in the half.

The joyous ovation the bills earned and got was awesome. You can hear it in the tone of the cheer. The crowd waS Like 'We FINALLY Got this"

Great post.

Oh, just to be clear I'm not telling anyone to buy in or not. All that I am saying is there is logical reason to have past season as a part of one's thinking. It is irrelevant.

f the logic.

its in the air.

see my tag line. i have had it for a couple years.

But thats because i have the patience of a Saint.

But Bills are about to bring it. And this microphone IS ON.

Enjoy the ride folks because as Rex said" Holy sh+t"

he knows its coming

It's early, and I've rode overly optimistic waves before (and crashed), but to me this has the making of the perfect storm for us. We had a great D last year, and now we get Ryan who loves to blitz and mix things up to befuddle the offense. He's now got a powerful tool at his disposal and it looked scary good yesterday (even without Marcell). We have a lot of playmaker talent on offense and a QB who appears to have a good head on his shoulders plus an ability to make plays through the air and on his feet. If our offensive line jells we could have something really special here.

Reality check: New England this week - this game will be a very useful measuring stick. If Ryan and our D can make even Brady look average, look out league!

2-0 would have us beating the SB Champs and the team they faced in the AFC Championship last year the first two weeks of the season. If we then roll Miami, the other AFC East team that the bobble heads were talking up this offseason, then it's on like a mofo!

this

When we had our great starts over the past few years, because I thought we could at least finish .500 and squeak into the playoffs. I knew we had some lucky wins and were playing beyond our wins.

If we start 2-0 and Tyrod looks good again this week, then yes...I will drink the Kool-Aid and believe we are playoff bound.

However, I won't celebrate until I see the X,Y,Z next to our name on the rankings

This is kind of a pet peeve of mine but why do we compare how 2003 (or whatever old year) started to this? The coaches were different, the players were different, the people selecting the players were different, the people that played against the Bills were different. It in no way is an indicator of what will happen this year. I get it, we have been burned before but you can't base your opinion of this team's chances on what happened when Derek Fine was in the lineup. It is completely meaningless.

If you say that you don't believe because you don't think that Darby can sustain that level of play or fears of the OL -fine. If you don't believe because you believed in 2003 and it didn't work out that doesn't make any logical sense.

Yup. To me it seems obvious that the team will be good and I'm not going to let having been wrong before stop me from saying it! I feel more confident in my opinion this season than I ever had before, I won't deny what I see because I'm scared to be invested. It's probably way too late for that for most people here.

game of the century coming up

National TV game most likely with a pedestrian 1PM slate... Brady's 1st away game that he shouldnt be playing in. Most viewers will be rooting for Buffalo... Delirious crowd. A team that is a legit threat to make a statement to compete... not only for a playoff spot but things like byes.

Probably the biggest game, legitimately, since the music city miracle

You mean the biggest game since the Oakland game last year.

Every season since 1973, I start with hope, I start with dreams of the Bills winning a Super Bowl but if the Bills start 2-0 this season I think for the first time in 10 years I will actually BELIEVE we can make it to the Super Bowl. Not saying we will, not even saying it is probable but I am saying for the first time in recent memory I will able to look at my team honestly and say we can win it all.

I know two games is not a lot but what will push me over the edge into belief is we played five games against teams with ten wins or more last year and won three of them. So I am like Fox Mulder I guess, I want to believe and if we can pull off the win this week, I will.

A dominating win over the Patriots with a similar performance at QB from Taylor pushes the Bills to the top of the AFC without a doubt.

A close win at home puts the Bills squarely in the talk as a playoff lock.

A close loss at home puts the Bills squarely in the talk as a playoff contender

A bad loss at home will leave a lot of fans in Missouri (i.e. the show me state)

The Patriots exposed the Colts in the AFC championship game as a deficient team who was 11-5 primarily because of their weak division. The Bills certainly built on that. This next game allows the Bills the opportunity to expose the Patriots.

Well if winning to stay 'in the hunt' while needing like 4 games to break your way so you can make week 17 meaningful... in a vacuum that was big.

But in terms of establishing themselves as a contender... not only for 'in the hunt'...but for home playoff games and byes and a very real shot... I don't think they really have been in a position like this.

Edited by May Day 10