PFF at it again

They think the Colts outplayed us yesterday, giving them the number 11 overall performance rating yesterday. Meanwhile, the Bills were saddled with a MINUS 3.5 overall rating, driven mainly by a 22nd ranked DEFENSIVE performance of MINUS 3.2! Oh and Tyrod Taylor was a MINUS 1 when running the ball?

Disclaimer: I am not a fan of PFF, my son has a subscription.

Go Bills.

They think the Colts outplayed us yesterday, giving them the number 11 overall performance rating yesterday. Meanwhile, the Bills were saddled with a MINUS 3.5 overall rating, driven mainly by a 22nd ranked DEFENSIVE performance of MINUS 3.2! Oh and Tyrod Taylor was a MINUS 1 when running the ball?

Go Bills.

Brilliant. More made up nonsense from PFF. "We watch every play" I am sure you do.... question is do you have any idea what you are watching?

Go Bills.

I do not have a PFF subscription and know little about them. Can anyone who does explain this?

I mean, the bottom line is, the Colts LOST. Do you think Luck feels all warm and fuzzy thinking he "outplayed us"?

Is this something like the folks who were posting about a "moral defeat" after we beat NE last season in the last game?

Good Advanced analysis will run things back over and over again. Not sure how good PFF is. I don't see reason to panic if I am the Colts. The Colts lost to a team with a lot of talent away. They had some offensive success against a good defense. The Colts D would be a concern but I think the Bills offense is better than some give credit.

I do not have a PFF subscription and know little about them. Can anyone who does explain this?

I mean, the bottom line is, the Colts LOST. Do you think Luck feels all warm and fuzzy thinking he "outplayed us"?

Is this something like the folks who were posting about a "moral defeat" after we beat NE last season in the last game?

They claim to watch every play and evaluate it technically. Each player is given a grade on every play from -2 to +2.

I don't really follow PFF at all, but how do they come about those metrics? I mean anyone who actually watched the game would've realized that we dominated the colts for 80% of that game. The colts put up some points up at the end but it was clear that the Bills were just trying to play it safe at that point and secure the win.

Wow. Time for a new equation. This one is missing the whole point. How do you rate a defense with a +3 turnover ratio as being weak? This is the sort of thing that gives legitimate analytics a bad name.

Agreed!

What else is new?

That site just makes things up as they go along.

:thumbsup: My sons' subscription runs out Oct 1 and will not be renewed.

You could technically have a negative team score on a TD pass/run, which is fair enough. PFF are like me, they seem to care as much (if not more) about the process as they do about the end result.

If an OL blows their block and the QB extends and scores with arm or legs, you still have to grade the guy that screwed up accordingly.

Good Advanced analysis will run things back over and over again. Not sure how good PFF is. I don't see reason to panic if I am the Colts. The Colts lost to a team with a lot of talent away. They had some offensive success against a good defense. The Colts D would be a concern but I think the Bills offense is better than some give credit.

I thought the Colts O did a good job against our D. But our D is relentless, and we have shut down Manning, Rodgers and now Luck. (really only "elite" guy we need to own is Brady). Will be interesting to see how the Colts do w/o Hilton for a couple of weeks, but D. Montcrief (sp) looks ready to step up.

Go Bills.

I don't know much about how these ratings/rankings are created, but...how is this possible considering we essentially controlled the whole game and held Luck to a 63 passer rating? Tyrod had a 123 I believe, and in basically every category we came out on top.

I'm honestly just curious. Is there a formula or something, or is this people reviewing tape and making ratings on each individual?