NFL will launch "thorough investigation" into last night

Billzfan37

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How is this even an issue in 2015?

I mean really, the NFL, which brings in billions in revenue, can't set up a simple walkie talkie system between the sideline, press box, and QB helmet? For heaven's sake, the high school AV club can set this up without a problem. It's an embarrassment.

The fact that they rely upon the stadium's infrastructure to run audio cables is even a bigger joke and lets teams like NE* tamper with the system. They could easily set up a wireless system that has no dependency on the home team at all other than on the stadium's power supply.

For the record the NFL controls the communications, not the Pats. Definitely seems strange - especially since the Stillers headsets were working when NEs were shut off...

Not true.

"The coaches' communications equipment, including the headsets, is provided by the NFL for both clubs' use on game day," the NFL said. "The home team is responsible for the installation and maintenance of that equipment. Every team's game day communications personnel are required to work with the NFL communications consultants to ensure wireless equipment is free and clear of interference and address any problems.

@mikerodak: Panthers coach Ron Rivera says his headset once went down in a Chargers game in Buffalo: http://t.co/jQ852oX2Rv

Dude - didn't the power go out completely in that game? Mylar balloons?

I remember being at that game and seeing a transformer light up. Then the stadium juice went zap. Then it was like a high school football game where you can't hear crap or tell what the refs are really doing. I think that was the same year Brady broke his leg and everyone in the section where I was sitting was celebrating.

How is this even an issue in 2015?

I mean really, the NFL, which brings in billions in revenue, can't set up a simple walkie talkie system between the sideline, press box, and QB helmet? For heaven's sake, the high school AV club can set this up without a problem. It's an embarrassment.

The fact that they rely upon the stadium's infrastructure to run audio cables is even a bigger joke and lets teams like NE* tamper with the system. They could easily set up a wireless system that has no dependency on the home team at all other than on the stadium's power supply.

That's the kicker for me. When adding a voltage to an analog signal(there would need to be analog somewhere in the system for electricity to impact it) you wouldn't get a different radio frequency. You would get something along the lines of a 60 mhz roll like you do with video grounding issues or a really bad audio hum. The signal wouldn't change, it would just sound like crap. You would need to intentionally change the feed to pick up a radio station or change the frequency of the headsets which I would guess are adjusted on the headset themselves.

the headsets are controlled by the NFL, not the teams....this seems to fall on the NFL this time, now could someone have hacked it...sure.

Why bother investigating? Just fine them for having non working equipment. What is there to investigate?

They are compulsive cheaters but aren't ever going to caught with anything more than circumstantial evidence until some day the lackeys who executed the cheating start owning up.

May as well just hammer them with black and white rules. The headsets you are responsible didn't work. We are fining you. Fix them. Same goes for everyone else.

the headsets are controlled by the NFL, not the teams....this seems to fall on the NFL this time, now could someone have hacked it...sure.

I think the NFL provides the equipment, but the home team hooks it up for the game.

anyone have a directional mike and a speaker system?

Point it at the Cheatriots side and put the speakers near the Bills sidelines so Rex can hear every play. The Bills are innocent as this would be a Fan's action.

A planted "fan" in the stands behind the visitor's bench is probably the source of the interference being broadcast at close range within the proximity of opponents' equipment.

Belichick does say they were having some problems with their headsets, too, last night. But not the Patriots radio broadcasts going into their helmets for a long time. I'm really talking about the convenience factor of the times it goes out. Like most of the earlier accusations and last night what the Steelers allege, that when the NFL checked it worked fine and as soon as they walked away it started messing up again. Hard to tell the veracity of that claim, although it's on the Steelers official webpage.

Seems like someone could do the same to the P*A*T*S* by relaying a broadcast signal to their headsets from somewhere in the stands. I'd love to be able to send noise into Taint Brady*s helmet right after they break the huddle and until he gets rid of the ball. Instead of Adams or whoever their 007 is telling him who the hot receiver is he'd be hearing very loud acid rock music.

Seems like someone could do the same to the P*A*T*S* by relaying a broadcast signal to their headsets from somewhere in the stands. I'd love to be able to send noise into Taint Brady*s helmet right after they break the huddle and until he gets rid of the ball. Instead of Adams or whoever their 007 is telling him who the hot receiver is he'd be hearing very loud acid rock music.

It would be great to pipe in little whispering voices into his helmet. "you suck" "hey, check out the press box. Gisele is up there giving out free hum****" "Gronk's dad is up there" "ohh...there she is again.. look at her head bob"