Pats are ruining love of NFL

Cal Bill's Fan

The funny thing about the whole jealousy thing is.. I actively like some of the other successful teams of the last 15 years... Steelers, Ravens, Seahawks, Packers, Giants... they are all fun teams to watch, and don't seem nearly as shady on a whole. None of them are in our division, so one could argue it's that... but I dunno.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I read a story that truly made me sick to my stomach. I have always held hate for Bellichek and Brady, but will admit it was partly due to jealously, but this article done by ESPN releases information about what has been going on for the last 2 decades that will literally make you sick to support the NFL anymore. Its a long read but a good one and informative one.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/13533995/split-nfl-new-england-patriots-apart

Welcome to the Board! There's a thread on this story. It's on the Main page: Spygate to Deflategate. Go Bills!

The radios had nothing to do with the win. It lasted for 1 quarter and the Pats had to turn off their headsets as well, per NFL rules, according to this article: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2015/09/11/whos-ready-for-radiogate-steelers-coaches-headsets-played-patriots-broadcast/

This doesn't confirm that it was unintentional and the Pats have messed with radios before.

The thing that irked me most was that I felt like I was watching the Pats broadcast crew. Michaels and Collinsworth are so annoying. Especially Collinsworth.

Actually, I live in Maine and the NE radio people I have to listen to every morning...ugh...said that it was debunked that the Patriots had their headsets turned off. In fact, they did not. They were citing an article, but I have not found it yet.

Sounds fishy to me

Edited by HamSandwhich

I almost think the Patriots decided to mess with the radios as a big FU to the league and everyone else.

How can that happen after ALL this?

It seems like if their balls were really this big you'd be able to see them through the pants. I'm wondering if it actually could be a fan? I would guess it wouldn't be too difficult for a fan to rig up something to broadcast over the Steelers channel.

Edited by Captain Caveman

It's funny that during the game the NFL rep was only working on the Pitt headsets but after the game BB said that they were experiencing the issue too. I have a hard time believing that.

I mentioned this in another thread. I hate the pats** to be clear. But, The NFL CONTROLS all sideline communications for every game. Point fingers at Goodell and his crony's. Gillette is not the only stadium this occurs. Now communicating late between plays like those scumbags have been accused of. well that is far more believable. Eff the Pates*** looking forward to 9/20 more than the opener.

The radios had nothing to do with the win. It lasted for 1 quarter and the Pats had to turn off their headsets as well, per NFL rules, according to this article: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2015/09/11/whos-ready-for-radiogate-steelers-coaches-headsets-played-patriots-broadcast/

This doesn't confirm that it was unintentional and the Pats have messed with radios before.

The thing that irked me most was that I felt like I was watching the Pats broadcast crew. Michaels and Collinsworth are so annoying. Especially Collinsworth.

Doesn't seem to be the case that it only lasted a quarter or that Pats also had headsets out. Also, if this is happening regularly and the Pats know it's coming it is an advantage. Where there's smoke every week, there's probably cancer.

http://deadspin.com/what-exactly-happened-with-the-steelers-headsets-1730005682

Doesn't seem to be the case that it only lasted a quarter or that Pats also had headsets out. Also, if this is happening regularly and the Pats know it's coming it is an advantage. Where there's smoke every week, there's probably cancer.

http://deadspin.com/what-exactly-happened-with-the-steelers-headsets-1730005682

Beat ya to it :thumbsup:

This is just how they get away with things by letting the small stuff go. Knowing ahead of time gives them an advantage as they are expecting it and will be prepared for it. I do not buy the point is to say it was absolutely no advantage.

They're just intent on poking everyone with a pointy stick now. The NFL won't dare them to take them to court again because of the abject failure surrounding Brady's punishment and they know it.

Kraft knows that nobody is changing their minds on them so they're just going to stick it to everyone by being mega trolls. I have to admit, I kinda like it. It's very WWE heel turn.

my wife walked into the living room while nbc was interviewing one of the pats* players about the controversies. she immediately stated "he's been coached". and I think she was correct. but isn't that what they are all about? coaching? it looks like they are run like an elite military operation. everyone doing and saying the right things...or else. they are disciplined and obsessed with winning. and in a pursuit where ideally, that's all that matters, that is enviable.

I can't rationalize the cheating however, other than to say that I suspect that if other teams could be successful at it, they would do it also. reminds me of a story I heard on cyber espionage yesterday. china has done some pretty amazing things recently. and while many in the US intelligence community are publicly outraged, many are also very impressed. I suspect it's much the same with the nfl and pats*.

They're just intent on poking everyone with a pointy stick now. The NFL won't dare them to take them to court again because of the abject failure surrounding Brady's punishment and they know it.

Kraft knows that nobody is changing their minds on them so they're just going to stick it to everyone by being mega trolls. I have to admit, I kinda like it. It's very WWE heel turn.

Can the rest of the owners just vote to take the franchise away? !@#$ court, and !@#$ these guys.

It'll make it that much more exciting if someone is able to knock them in their teeth.

Welcome to the Board! There's a thread on this story. It's on the Main page: Spygate to Deflategate. Go Bills!

Thank you, I have been a longtime follower, finally decided to post something, I knew it would end up being a repeat since people are usually on stories within minutes of them breaking here haha