Bills Super Bowl Sleeper (article)

TPS

I still think the biggest upgrade - even bigger than Shady - that noone outside is talking about is the MASSIVE upgrade to the OL. Between the two new guards and the new coaching they were winning pretty consistently 1s vs 1s in every preseason game. We haven't seen that in a while.

It's going to instantly make the whole offense look worlds better.

Ditto...it's interesting, I used to be really nervous when the Bills were great...the last several years, not nervous...lately....getting nervous.

Yeah - funny paradox about football fandom. The better your team is, the less fun it can be to watch them sometimes, since only bad things can happen when the baseline is you assume they will win.

Even worse in college football where every game is almost a playoff - been dealing with that on and off for years now as an FSU fan.

Tony Romo didn't play until his fourth NFL season. There was no reason to believe that an undrafted free agent out of Eastern Illinois with no professional playing experience could ever unseat Drew Bledsoe until it actually happened. And then it did.

Gulp. Oh please let this happen.

I still think the biggest upgrade - even bigger than Shady - that noone outside is talking about is the MASSIVE upgrade to the OL. Between the two new guards and the new coaching they were winning pretty consistently 1s vs 1s in every preseason game. We haven't seen that in a while.

It's going to instantly make the whole offense look worlds better.

Yeah - funny paradox about football fandom. The better your team is, the less fun it can be to watch them sometimes, since only bad things can happen when the baseline is you assume they will win.

Even worse in college football where every game is almost a playoff - been dealing with that on and off for years now as an FSU fan.

agree on the college fandom. Regular season Wins don't equal "joy". They equal "relief." It's not fun when you are always expected to win.

Interesting. Opposite end of the spectrum from the Grantland article.

The writer in this article has a good take on Tyrod. How many Bills fans knew much about him until the preseason? Not surprising a lot of national writers are down on the Bills because Tyrod isn't well known to them.

I'm not nervous about this team (yet). It's more like 1988 when the team was on the rise.

Another aspect to consider is that it's really wide open this year. There don't appear to be any truly elite teams in the AFC. NE, Pit, and Indy have questionable defenses, Manning may be running out of gas in Denver. Baltimore and Miami look solid, but neither has much in the way of weapons. I'm not predicting a Superbowl, but stranger things have happened. There's certainly no one I don't think we can hang with.

Another aspect to consider is that it's really wide open this year. There don't appear to be any truly elite teams in the AFC. NE, Pit, and Indy have questionable defenses, Manning may be running out of gas in Denver. Baltimore and Miami look solid, but neither has much in the way of weapons. I'm not predicting a Superbowl, but stranger things have happened. There's certainly no one I don't think we can hang with.

Agree. Might be more parity in the AFC than there has been in years.

Interesting. Opposite end of the spectrum from the Grantland article.

The writer in this article has a good take on Tyrod. How many Bills fans knew much about him until the preseason? Not surprising a lot of national writers are down on the Bills because Tyrod isn't well known to them.

I'm not nervous about this team (yet). It's more like 1988 when the team was on the rise.

Like anything else, the truth lies somewhere in the middle. If we start there, that is great.

Good post and totally agree with that. Except for the weird phenomenon of about four teams you think will suck are pretty good and four teams you think will be pretty good suck. Happens almost every year.

This is the first year in a long time I don't have to convince myself we will have a good team. No more trying to justify Kelsey pass rush as a good one or hoping Anthony Thomas is an adequate backup

This team is loaded. If Rex can keep this team going and believing they can win, I don't see one team in the NFL that I think is man for man better than this roster