Fred Jackson astounds Pete Carroll

What are you talking about. Fred led the team in rushing and receiving yards. The only person to do that in the NFL last year. If Shady McCoy goes down I don't trust anyone but Mr.Jackson.

the other RB's can go pound salt. Bobbie is a special teams player and short yardage back. Bryce Brown

is a fumbler and could not block to save his life.

Karlos Brown is a Rookie never had a snap

in full speed regular season NFL game.

give me. Fingggggg break. This is supposed

to be a playoff team. If the Seahawks and Pats

can see this why can't the Bills. Yes Fred would have taken a pay cut to stay. He stated he would have done anything to retire a Buffalo Bill.

how about Doug starts doing his job and man's

up and goes to Fred and works it out. Don't cut him and then go tell him. Try and work it out.

I hope when the fire Doug the GM he learns about it in a Jerry Sullivan article in the Buffalo News. Your goddam right I'm pissed off

OMG, you guys are hilarious. A team cuts the oldest RB in the league and get KILLED FOR IT. Freddie was not our Number two this year, and he barely was last year. GD, we had a season where the best game was 71 yards. Get over it. Doug Whaley has assembled one of the best rosters and coaching staffs in the league. give them a chance.

I teared up at the news last Monday, so it is not as if he was not my favorite player, he was, but You fanatics are bordering on 'Tebow Fan' level of ridiculousness.

Edited by billsareback

What are you talking about. Fred led the team in rushing and receiving yards. The only person to do that in the NFL last year. If Shady McCoy goes down I don't trust anyone but Mr.Jackson.

the other RB's can go pond salt. Bobbie is a special teams player and short yardage back. Bryce Brown

is a fumbler and could not block to save his life.

Karlos Brown is a Rookie never had a snap

in full speed regular season NFL game.

give me. Fingggggg break. This is supposed

to be a playoff team. If the Seahawks and Pats

can see this why can't the Bills. Yes Fred would have taken a pay cut to stay. He stated he would have done anything to retire a Buffalo Bill.

how about Doug starts doing his job and man's

up and goes to Fred and works it out. Don't cut him and then go tell him. Try and work it out.

I hope when the fire Doug the GM he learns about it in a Jerry Sullivan article in the Buffalo News. You goddam right I'm pissed off

OMG, you guys are hilarious. A team cuts the oldest RB in the league and get KILLED FOR IT. Freddie was not our Number two this year, and he barely was last year. GD, we had a season where the best game was 71 yards. Get over it. Doug Whaley has assembled one of the best rosters and coaching staffs in the league. give them a chance.

I teared up at the news last Monday, so it is not as if he was not my favorite player, he was, but You fanatics are bordering on 'Tebow Fan' level of ridiculousness.

This guy gets it.

Brown (24) RB + Williams (22) RB + Dixon (27) RB + Brown (24) ST + Williams (22) ST + Dixon (27) ST = less money than Fred (34) RB.

With Dareus, Bradham, Gilmore and Glenn needing long term deals, nobody can objectively looked at the 53 man roster and say that Fred's value was congruent to his contract's.

I'm saying this about my all-time favorite Bill.

My heart and my brain can occupy the same space without being on the same page. I know that's a radical notion for many fans.

Joe six pack were telling it like it is. Fred Jackson

was the 2nd best running back on the Bills. The

2 teams in the Supebowl last year know that and both wanted him. Hell the Seahawks got rid of 2 RBs to get Fred. Oh yes that coach out in seattle

that has won a Super Bowl and a NCAA Championship. So go pound salt some where else. Fred is the only Running back in the NFL

to lead his team in Rushing and Receiving.

So stop pandering and wake up to the fact that the Bills messed this up big time.

Guys, quit flogging dead horses. Thanks to Fred, and best of luck. It's time to move on.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000524030/article/carroll-jackson-could-play-a-lot-for-hawks-in-week-1

I have to admit after decades of futility I have little confidence in Bills management to not screw things up.

I am pretty sure that Pete Carroll is a good circa 2015 coach. I hope the Bills didn't blunder this move.

Of course they did, Fred was are third best back

Joe six pack were telling it like it is. Fred Jackson

was the 2nd best running back on the Bills. The

2 teams in the Supebowl last year know that and both wanted him. Hell the Seahawks got rid of 2 RBs to get Fred. Oh yes that coach out in seattle

that has won a Super Bowl and a NCAA Championship. So go pound salt some where else. Fred is the only Running back in the NFL

to lead his team in Rushing and Receiving.

So stop pandering and wake up to the fact that the Bills messed this up big time.

Pound salt? Harsh, no?

Charlie Whitehurst lead the Titans in passing last year. Does that make him a great QB?

Edited by Gugny

[quote name="billsareback" post="3671166" timestamp="1441732575" Doug Whaley has assembled one of the best rosters and coaching staffs in the league. give them a chance.

Watch it. You seem like you may have been drinking too much of the new Russ Brandon Raisin flavored Kool-aid.

On "paper" Whaley has assembled roster talent and a HC with a career losing record and a whole lot to prove. A OC chased out of SF. That said I like the " potential" of both of those coaches. Are the Bills much improved? yes. Have several teams in the NFL possibly got even better another yes.

Myself I heard this crap for 15+ years and we lose every year. The team has in all probability of the worst QB tandems in the NFL. So I will believe it when I see it. i am not the fan who will get all giddy over a wildcard game and losing in a blow out. I want a serious contending team. So far it's only on paper. Until Rex and company prove otherwise. Cutting Fred was stoopid but that is another story BTW Tebow has always sucked unlike Fred.

Gugny hated Flutie and is glad Fred is gone.

Enough said!

Glad Fred is gone? I never uttered any such words. It was a good business move, but I love Fred as much as every other Bills fan.

But yes ... I hated Doug Flutie then, and I hate him at this very second. This is true.

I would have been nice to see Fred stick around, but at 34, he's soon going to be out of the league. This was best for the team and Fred. The team moves into the future and Fred latches-on with a SB contender to finish the twilight of his career. Good luck to him, but more to the Bills.

If the goal is getting rid of the player sitting above your guy on the depth chart to justify a bad trade than it's already a success. Bravo, Mr. Whaley.

I'm not sure that I would phrase this exactly as you have but I do think that getting Brown playing time to help justify the trade was part of Whaley's thinking. He obviously believes in the guy or he wouldn't have traded for him. He wants to see him get a shot.

Notice he didn't impress him with his speed, cutting ability or nose for the goal line.

His tremendous work ethic and passion are what got him over the hump and to play for so long, and no one should marvel that it's impressive to anyone getting a first hand look.

You just don't need a 2.7million dollar third down back when you have the stable of backs they have.

Think the last line is the key. That and the fact has been injured a lot last few years, and this training camp. When have higher dollar against cap, and are likely in downward spiral due to age and coming off of a down year. I hate to see Fred go but think was right decision.

This guy gets it.

Brown (24) RB + Williams (22) RB + Dixon (27) RB + Brown (24) ST + Williams (22) ST + Dixon (27) ST = less money than Fred (34) RB.

With Dareus, Bradham, Gilmore and Glenn needing long term deals, nobody can objectively looked at the 53 man roster and say that Fred's value was congruent to his contract's.

I'm saying this about my all-time favorite Bill.

My heart and my brain can occupy the same space without being on the same page. I know that's a radical notion for many fans.

This formula showed up as an error, there was no opportunity given to the sum of the equation to restructure.

Edited by jmc12290

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000524030/article/carroll-jackson-could-play-a-lot-for-hawks-in-week-1

I have to admit after decades of futility I have little confidence in Bills management to not screw things up.

I am pretty sure that Pete Carroll is a good circa 2015 coach. I hope the Bills didn't blunder this move.

Lol the second he gets injured or fumbles everyone will forget about him.

And let us not make Pete Carroll like the gr8 evaluator of talent. He had Wilson as his 3rd string QB and spent a 1st rounder on Whitehurst.....

Not sure that makes him any different than our backup RBs. They all have talent, but have done little.

I just hope Karlos pans out, because otherwise letting Fred go will have been pretty foolish.

Bryce Brown has done more than CM has.

I like Bryce Brown. He's 10 years younger than FJ, and is very fast. I'm glad he's still on the team. I understand why the team cut Freddie. I'm glad he ended up in Seattle, rather than New England. I think he's still got some left in the tank. I hope he burns it before we see him again.

Who's this Christine guy? He had 250 yards in two years. What's the big deal? I don't care for guys named Christine. I sort of liked the car named Christine.

Can't wait till Sunday.

This is what good teams do- they move vets at the end of their careers out and bring in younger, cheaper draft picks to take their spots. It sucks because it's the most popular Bill (and one less Jersey of a current player I own) but hopefully we are getting on track