A toast - on the brink of a magical season

My fellow Bills fans:

It has been many a moon, far too many, since our team played courageously on the field to match the devotion with which we follow and defend them to all four corners of the Earth.

For a decade and a half, we have been on the wrong side of the picture window as the great playoff shops have swung the doors wide for the teams pursuing the Holy Grail called Lombardi. There are hundreds of thousands among us that weren't even alive the last time our Bills went to a Super Bowl.

The naysayers will always find reasons to doubt. To them I say: if not now, then when? if not us, then who?

This year, dear believers, can be one of magic. It can be a season that reawakens the rest of America to a once glorious art form known as Buffalo Bills brand football. It can be the type of year that makes fans of the Red, White & Blue proud to wear their gear in whatever community on this great globe they call home. It can be the type of year that begins full of promise and ends steeped in greatness.

When this comes to pass, when this current assemblage of players capture the minds and hearts of all Bills fans from the largest cities to the smallest of hamlets, there is one subset of fans for whom I will smile the happiest.

Not those of us that look into the mirror each morning and see gray hairs looking back. No, we were blessed with the ride one time and will be doubly blessed to take it again. I speak of the youth of Bills Nation. The kids that are fans and have only rooted for teams that have failed in the quest to play meaningful games in January. To those young fans I say: Buckle up, you're about to embark on one hell of a ride.

I raise a glass to you all, my fellow Bills brothers and sisters. There is a year when the final glory will be all ours - let this year be the one.

Salute!

post-2416-0-70080700-1441640403_thumb.jpg

Edited by ChevyVanMiller