Bills to wear Throwback unis week 1

YoloinOhio

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are pretty much correct. Players must wear the same helmet over the course of the year as a safety precaution. This made teams like Tampa, whose throwbacks have a different base helmet color than their normal helmets, not able to wear the throwbacks anymore. However, the Bills can do it because both helmets have white as base color. They use the same helmet just replace the decals and stripe

This is the NFL, big money league. Remove stickers, spray paint helmet and add new stickers.

Bills wore red helmets with white standing buffalo vs Denver back in '97. It looked bad -like a seagull crapped on a red helmet. My favorite TB's were with the '65 blue jerseys and standing red buffalo

which, I dont mind saying, I wish we still wore. This said, love our current uni's and also think they're the best in the League.

I'm driving all the way from Queens NY with a buddy of mine (he's a Colts fan) at 330am Sunday morning just so I can be situated around 10am or 10:30.

I personally like our blue jerseys better but hey what the hell. I can care less really just as long as we win (or else I may have to leave my Colts buddy in Buffalo so I don't have to drive 6 and a half hours back to Queens hearing his voice).

You might want to get an earlier start. If you're heading into OP around 10:30, you are gunna be swamped with traffic

You are pretty much correct. Players must wear the same helmet over the course of the year as a safety precaution. This made teams like Tampa, whose throwbacks have a different base helmet color than their normal helmets, not able to wear the throwbacks anymore. However, the Bills can do it because both helmets have white as base color. They use the same helmet just replace the decals and stripe

Thank you

I thought there was something to it but the NFL really needs to stop being so restrictive with these little things. Your Tampa example is exactly why the NFL needs to have a little more leeway with the throwback. Tampas original uniform and helmet, though creamsicle looking, is part of their tradition. Having a couple of dedicated weekends throughout the season for all teams to wear their throwbacks, whatever they are, should be the SOP.

Love the Throwbacks!

The '64 & '65 Championship Teams will be honored pre-game. Get to your seats early! It may be the last time you'll see some of these legendary Bills.

Amazing how the years fly by... My childhood idols, so many gone already, forces me to deal with my own mortality.. After a while, all we have are memories...

Too NY Giantsy

HATE IT!!!!

Blue on blue is where it's at.

If you disagree, smurf you.

There's strangely a lot of people that don't like the blue on blue for some reason. I for one am a big fan of it. Don't know what it is but the players just pop out on TV so much more IMO.

There's strangely a lot of people that don't like the blue on blue for some reason. I for one am a big fan of it. Don't know what it is but the players just pop out on TV so much more IMO.

I really like all the uni combos. Blue on blue was really cool. Hope they use all the combos at least once.

How weird.... The only white throwback that I have is Fred Jackson....

That's a jersey that I don't think will ever have to be shelved. I feel the same way about my Kyle Williams. Those will still be wearable after those guys are gone. Edited by FluffHead