Bills practice squad

djp14150

Question: what former Bills practice squad member became a quality player for the team? Thinking Fred, Jabari and maybe Jason Peters? Anyone else in recent years?

Last I checked, his first name was Matt.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question: what former Bills practice squad member became a quality player for the team? Thinking Fred, Jabari and maybe Jason Peters? Anyone else in recent years?

Last I checked, his first name was Matt.

Doh! I deleted it as fast as I posted it...

@mikerodak: The Bills will not be able to sign QB Matt Simms to their practice squad unless they drop Richardson or Reddick. Rule technicality.

Can anyone explain this please?

So does signing him create goodwill with Sammy, or is it a quick path to pissing him off when we probably release him down the line?

I would think Sammy understands that Practice Squad is tenuous, and he's hopefully glad to have his bro here, he can let him room or help him find a good place and so forth.

As long as his bro is a positive not a negative influence.

maybe in just confused but there is a QB named Phillip Sims

He's Matt Simms father

I would think Sammy understands that Practice Squad is tenuous, and he's hopefully glad to have his bro here, he can let him room or help him find a good place and so forth.

As long as his bro is a positive not a negative influence.

Oh, obviously the hope is that. Just thinking on the realistic situation were your employer fires your family member- if they deserve it, it's easier to swallow but it's still got potential to frustrate.

@mikerodak

I can confirm that CB Jaylen Watkins, the brother of Sammy, is headed to the Bills’ practice squad, as @MikeGarafolo reported.

@JaySkurski

BN Blitz: Per agent, #Bills add OL Chris Martin to practice squad http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/09/06/per-agent-bills-add-chris-martin-to-practice-squad/

Per Bills home page, practice squad signees:

WR Dezmin Lewis, S Jonathan Meeks, G Cyril Richardson, LB Kevin Reddick and RB Cierre Wood.

So 3 more to go, plus ?1 more to the 53 man roster? 2 DB, 2 OL, 1 WR, 1 RB, 1 LB - seems like we usually have a DLman or 2 stashed there, maybe another LB?

Likely due to the number of games Simms, Reddick and Richardson have been active the past two years:

...each club will be permitted to sign a maximum of two Practice Squad players who have earned no more than two accrued seasons (6 active games per season) of free agency credit. Absent this exception, a player who has earned one or more accrued seasons would not be eligible for a Practice Squad unless the player spent fewer than nine games on a club’s 46-player active list in each of his accrued seasons.

WR Dezmin Lewis, S Jonathan Meeks, G Cyril Richardson, LB Kevin Reddick and RB Cierre Wood.

So 3 more to go, plus ?1 more to the 53 man roster? 2 DB, 2 OL, 1 WR, 1 RB, 1 LB - seems like we usually have a DLman or 2 stashed there, maybe another LB?

Quarterback!

PS is ten this year so five more to go.

Chris Martin T/G.

I hope this guy has a good memory 'cuz he's seen half the playbooks in the AFC East

Apparently Roman familiar with him

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. – Tuesday August 18th 2015. The New England Patriots announced today that they have claimed OL Chris Martin off waivers from the Miami Dolphins. Read

Martin, 25, was originally signed by Houston as a rookie free agent out of Central Florida on May 16, 2014. The 6-foot-5, 305-pounder, was released by Houston on May 27, 2014 and signed by the Patriots on June 23, 2014. Martin was released on Aug. 30, 2014 and signed to the practice squad on Sept. 1, 2014 before being released on Sept. 26, 2014. He was signed to the practice squad on Oct. 8, 2014 before being released on Oct. 13, 2014. He was signed by Houston to the practice squad on Nov. 12, 2014 before being released on Nov. 25, 2014. Martin was signed by San Francisco to the practice squad on Dec. 10, 2014 and then signed to a reserve/future contract on Dec. 30, 2014 before being released on June 15, 2015. He was signed by Miami on July 29, 2015 before being waived on Aug. 17, 2015.