Matt Cassel Update

BreezeMafia

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe we could raise the bar a little bit more?

:doh:

You don't raise a bar until the guy clears the one below it.

But Wawrow is as good as they come for an IP reporter in football, IMO.

thanks Freddie's Dead, you beat me to it; although I probably would have been accused as being a spelling Nazi. Having said this, since this Board is running amok with rogue stories (starting with Whaley's cutting of FedEx), it looks foolish to start a post by using the word "rouge"....right up there with "Bill's", could of, should of, etc. etc. As I've said before, it makes one look less than credible/convincing.

Keep in mind many of us use Swype to type on our phone keyboards and auto-correct can go a bit daffy.

That's what I'm thinking. Get him on the PS and then cut Cassel.

If they wait that long (4p Saturday) Cassel gets paid and we get no cap relief.

Keep in mind many of us use Swype to type on our phone keyboards and auto-correct can go a bit daffy.

I don't think that's the issue? As long as we cut him before the season opener. But we would have to cut someone else to get down to 53.

I don't think we should cut Cassel at all - under the circs, if we're "in it to win it" this year with one promising QB who has never played in the NFL and one young QB who looks like he's taken a step but has yet to prove it when it counts, I think he's a reasonable insurance plan for a team with a strong run game and stout defense that really wants to get the playoffs.

But if we're going to cut Cassel, Nike. just do it.

i think they have more time to cut him. The 4pm deadline is just to get the roster to 53. They could cut him on Tuesday and sign a OL who got cut from another team, for example, and be back to 53 plus save his salary/cap space. He just needs to be gone prior to game 1. Edited by YoloinOhio

They are waiting for Simms to clear waivers.

Or maybe to find someone better than Simms and cheaper than Cassel from someone else's cuts?

Grossman?

My guess will be he will take a pay cut and stays. That is a win win for both sides.

Not sure how open he'd be to a paycut since he sounded pretty pissed about not getting much playing time in the preseason. He might prefer to go to another team. I think he worked with Bill O'Brien in New England.

with Simms being cut can he be resigned for the PS if not picked up?

more MC insurance in case this is an option?

If Tyrod is bad and Manuel doesn't progress, I'd rather only win 3-5 games than go 8-8 or 9-7 with a stopgap QB.

I'll say it again and get ridiculed for it

in 2014 EJ could have won as many ,if not more games than the Bills did w/Orton

In hindsight, that would have been the right thing to do.

However, after the JJ Watt pick six, it seemed like EJ was going to implode, and many people felt that a change was needed.

In hindsight, that would have been the right thing to do.

However, after the JJ Watt pick six, it seemed like EJ was going to implode, and many people felt that a change was needed.

Going to implode after the pick-six?

Going to implode after the pick-six?

Going to implode in terms of his confidence going away, which would likely cause his quality of play to become increasingly problematic.

I believe he needed a chance to sit out and regain his confidence, which is kind of a Catch-22.

If he continues to play poorly, then his confidence will likely just get worse. If he doesn't play, then he has no opportunity to regain his confidence.

with Simms being cut can he be resigned for the PS if not picked up?

more MC insurance in case this is an option?

Nope disagree. Manuel had lost his WRs, winning as many as Orton wouldn't have happened.