Bills cuts - round 2

YoloinOhio

And here's a few fearless predictions. Fred was cut in part to make room for thigpen, who makes the team. And we'll keep five safeties for the time being given the possibility Graham has to return to corner in a pinch.

This is true but everyone wanted to make it strictly about the RB depth. Freddy got caught up in a numbers game all the way around; from his age to his salary to less RBs being kept in favor of other positions.

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't rule out Freeman, apparently Rex loves him, very smart player, can long snap, and also play guard in a pinch. Might be a twofer where they keep him and release Urbik & Sanborn, or upgrade from the cut list.

Despite being light for an OL, did 34 bench presses at his pro day, coach's son, apparently very athletic for an OL, and a good fit for what Roman does.

realistically, some of the last choices may be waiting to see who they get to the practice squad. like maybe they are more prone to cut cassel AFTER simms is there, just in case of early injury, as an example.

Saint, not sure that works? They have to cut 3 more (at least - assuming there's no one on the cutout floor they want) by 4 pm tomorrow.

But I thought they can't sign the practice squad until Sunday?

If they're counting on someone who is on the practice squad, those guys can be offered to sign to another team's roster any time, right? So again, not sure how that would help them.

Willis got jacked-up against the Steelers on a KR.

So it's for-real? What was his injury?

Saint, not sure that works? They have to cut 3 more (at least - assuming there's no one on the cutout floor they want) by 4 pm tomorrow.

But I thought they can't sign the practice squad until Sunday?

If they're counting on someone who is on the practice squad, those guys can be offered to sign to another team's roster any time, right? So again, not sure how that would help them.

So it's for-real? What was his injury?

Concussion.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Here is the list of player releases.

OL William Campbell
FB John Conner
WR Andre Davis
DE IK Enemkpali
DT Andre Fluellen
LB Quentin Groves
RB Bronson Hill
OL Darryl Johnson
OL Alex Kupper
DE B.J. Larsen
WR Dezmin Lewis
CB Merrill Noel
WR Tobais Palmer
G Cyril Richardson
QB Matt Simms
RB Cierre Wood

Edited by Nihilarian

I think the only difference is if it's post June 1st they'd get $6.5m in cap relief. At least that's what I thought I saw, I could be wrong.

with the rollover dollars, its kind of 6 of one, half dozen the other, unless you have a pressing need to spend 2016 specifically (which could be the case)

This is true but everyone wanted to make it strictly about the RB depth. Freddy got caught up in a numbers game all the way around; from his age to his salary to less RBs being kept in favor of other positions.

GO BILLS!!!

Who is this "everyone" of whom you speak? I said from the start it had to do with the overall # of injuries at different positions, esp. WR

Concussion.

Thanks. I thought maybe they were "stashing" him on IR, but I see now he was waived/injured

cyril richardson stunk.....good riddance.

he was the type that is a good flyer and could probably be effective with the right fit, but when changing coaching staffs, those guys often dont make out well.

though in his case, he was probably screwed if we kept DW/NH too.

I don't disagree, but what has Hogan done this pre-season?

Hogan has proven himself in real games. To cut him and keep rookies who have no more than flashed would have been stupidity. He and Goodwin are still vulnerable though... if they keep Thigpen as a WR and returner.