Edit: now confirmed rumor that Bills will release Cassel

eball

Sorry guys. Matt Coller says EJ is who he is going to be because he's 25 and analytics says that, except for a few outliers, all athletes are who they are going to be at 25, so forget about EJ. And because of two games out of the 14 he started were really bad, he just will nver be a guy you can rely on and the fact that he couldn't beat out Tyrod and Cassel, he's never going to be more than he is. Oh and his improvement this year is marginal, but not enough to make him better than Cassel. So all of us morons who don't understand analytics, too bad and so sad.

#tealeaves

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry guys. Matt Coller says EJ is who he is going to be because he's 25 and analytics says that, except for a few outliers, all athletes are who they are going to be at 25, so forget about EJ. And because of two games out of the 14 he started were really bad, he just will nver be a guy you can rely on and the fact that he couldn't beat out Tyrod and Cassel, he's never going to be more than he is. Oh and his improvement this year is marginal, but not enough to make him better than Cassel. So all of us morons who don't understand analytics, too bad and so sad.

Guy's an idiot. Basically, refutes himself with the "outlier" comment if he stated that because that suggests, as our good friend Lloyd Christmas would say "So you're telling me there's a chance" EJ could be that outlier. Further, making him just absolutely lacking any credibility is that Tyrod Taylor is 26 and he has stated continually that working hard and backing up Joe Flacco has helped him improve from when he was drafted.

He is one horrible radio hack.

You know, I don't want anything bad to happen to Tyrod and I hope he does well. BUT, if EJ does for some reason get a chance to play this season, I hope he crams a game ball right up the proverbial rectum of the local media with his play.

I heard Carucci on Freddie Coleman last night. EJ couldn't put it together. Struggled in practice and he wouldn't be surprised if he ends up playing somewhere else this year. Me conceded he improved some, but not enough to matter. He made not ONE mention of the fact EJ nailed it in the preaseason. Not one mention that he made the most of his opportunities and literally out-produced the other two guys in the three games.

I so want to see these eat crow. The only hater in the local media that had the grace to at least give the kid the credit he deserves is Joe B. Tyler Dunne, Coller, Carucci, et al. Are still beating the drum.

the only reason would be to get out from under a fully guaranteed contract.... but even that is cheap for a backup - which makes him an even better keeper when compared to cassel for a team aggressively spending.

I think the fact that it is so cheap is what makes it make more sense not to get rid of him. He has 2 years left on the contract that will equate to what cassel will be paid this year if they don't cut him. Depending on how the season goes they can always draft another QB next year with the plan to have him work his way to being #2 and then trade EJ in his contract year (assuming both EJ has value and the #2 looks like he can handle it).

I do get the feeling that if EJ rides the bench the next two years and shows improvement he might end up getting into free agency and signing on with another team at that point to be a starter.

#TeaLeaves

Edited by The Wiz

You know, I don't want anything bad to happen to Tyrod and I hope he does well. BUT, if EJ does for some reason get a chance to play this season, I hope he crams a game ball right up the proverbial rectum of the local media with his play.

I heard Carucci on Freddie Coleman last night. EJ couldn't put it together. Struggled in practice and he wouldn't be surprised if he ends up playing somewhere else this year. Me conceded he improved some, but not enough to matter. He made not ONE mention of the fact EJ nailed it in the preaseason. Not one mention that he made the most of his opportunities and literally out-produced the other two guys in the three games.

I so want to see these eat crow. The only hater in the local media that had the grace to at least give the kid the credit he deserves is Joe B. Tyler Dunne, Coller, Carucci, et al. Are still beating the drum.

These guys just want to be right, not unlike some of our fellow posters. It is kind of funny. They were all over Cassel as the starter because in was the conservative thing to do. Now they are all over Cassel as the back up because it's the conservative thing to do. What exactly about this whole process would lead one to conclude that the Bills are going to do the conservative thing?

I don't even mind if they feel it's worth keeping Cassel, I just hate this dismissive attitude about EJ. But I do admit that if anything happened with TT, requiring next man up, I don't want it to be Cassel. I would want EJ to get a shot first. I would be so PO'd to have to watch Orton II while EJ rides the pine.

Guy's an idiot. Basically, refutes himself with the "outlier" comment if he stated that because that suggests, as our good friend Lloyd Christmas would say "So you're telling me there's a chance" EJ could be that outlier. Further, making him just absolutely lacking any credibility is that Tyrod Taylor is 26 and he has stated continually that working hard and backing up Joe Flacco has helped him improve from when he was drafted.

He is one horrible radio hack.

These idiots...Coller included...have simply dug in their heels and now they are going to lengths to back-up their assertions because (it's pretty obvious to me at least) they realize they realize their opinions are contrary to a greater portion of Bills fans...And I think also this is what stubborn people do when they realize they could be wrong...

And please don't get me wrong...I'm not saying whatsoever that the greater portion of Bills fans believe EJ will become a Franchise QB...Heck...I really have no idea...Instead I believe the majority of us think it's absolutely ridiculous to make any definitive judgements based on his first two years in the NFL under a couple college coaches trying a run first offense that can't run the ball...That's all...I think the majority of us see EJ improving under good coaching and are quite frankly enamored with the possibilities if the kid actually has started the long trek towards his potential... B-)

I don't even mind if they feel it's worth keeping Cassel, I just hate this dismissive attitude about EJ. But I do admit that if anything happened with TT, requiring next man up, I don't want it to be Cassel. I would want EJ to get a shot first. I would be so PO'd to have to watch Orton II while EJ rides the pine.

I agree

You know, I don't want anything bad to happen to Tyrod and I hope he does well. BUT, if EJ does for some reason get a chance to play this season, I hope he crams a game ball right up the proverbial rectum of the local media with his play. I heard Carucci on Freddie Coleman last night. EJ couldn't put it together. Struggled in practice and he wouldn't be surprised if he ends up playing somewhere else this year. Me conceded he improved some, but not enough to matter. He made not ONE mention of the fact EJ nailed it in the preaseason. Not one mention that he made the most of his opportunities and literally out-produced the other two guys in the three games. I so want to see these eat crow. The only hater in the local media that had the grace to at least give the kid the credit he deserves is Joe B. Tyler Dunne, Coller, Carucci, et al. Are still beating the drum.

It's amazing how a non-local perspective completely differs where EJ is concerned...The other day on NFL Network Jaime Dukes was strongly suggesting the Browns go after EJ hard...It's obvious to football people outside of Buffalo...I just don't know wtf is going on here with the kid...It's like they are truly trying to run him out of town... B-)

It's amazing how a non-local perspective completely differs where EJ is concerned...The other day on NFL Network Jaime Dukes was strongly suggesting the Browns go after EJ hard...It's obvious to football people outside of Buffalo...I just don't know wtf is going on here with the kid...It's like they are truly trying to run him out of town... B-)

The fact that they are not local people says it all. They do not watch or follow the Bills as closely as we do and therefore have not seen E.J.'s obvious limitations. Makes perfect sense that they would think more highly of him than most of us do.

I saw that, and your right.