Looking Ahead ... News about the Colts (week 1 opponent)

Lothar

Talk about putting the cart before the horse.

Still, I'm alight with it. They don't seem to be taking the Bills seriously, and no one, no one they have at running back scares me after Gore.

Does anyone think the Bills can't stop the run with 6 men in the box?

Yes. Likely with 4.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One more reason Grigson should be fired. How can you sign a guy that won't play half the game and expect him to be the workhorse?

Who is the colts backup?

it was Boom Herron, who actually looked OK at times last year, but he got hurt in the preseason. Now it is rookie Josh Robinson.

i will bust the myth he was even responsible for TY Hilton or anyone in the 2012 draft. When Chris Polian was fired as GM (and Bill left as a result though it was spun differently) they cleared out some of Polian's scouts. The one guy irsay kept from the Polian regime was Director of Pro Personnel/asst GM Tom Telesco. Telesco was in fact in line for the GM job which they ultimately decided to give to Indiana native Grigson. Telesco had been with the colts for 15 years - from college scout to pro scout and on up. He was in charge of the draft for the last few years he was there. Any draft recommendation came from him and his scouts. Grigson got there sometime in January 2012. The draft evaluations/board were already set save for any last minute tweaks from combines, workouts, interviews. Hilton was recommended by Telesco and the entire body of scouting work done to that point. Grigson's name is on the pick for timing and title only.

The report that Pagano will be the one to lose this power struggle is alarming. Irsay is unfit to run the team if that happens.

Isn't there a Buffalo connection with Telesco?

Honestly, I think this is going to be an interesting matchup. I think our DBs look to be outmatched, but both their O-line and D-line look to be in shambles.

I honestly think we can shut down Gore with 6 in the box. And with Jones out and Tyrod a running threat they'll need at least 8 men in the box at all time. I'm liking the matchup more and more.

so maybe 9 or 10? Are you really serious? I see this type of stuff written a lot. First, formations change all the time, from play to play.... , Second, Say we have 3 WR and Clay lined up wide- do you honestly think a defense will leave 1 or 2 of these guys uncovered?

The best shot for the Bills is to change Darby's number before every series, so Luck can't find him.

Love the strategy. Have 10 jerseys with different numbers and take all the names off the jerseys. I wouldn't put it past Sexy Rexxy.

Andrew Luck holds the ball longer then any other QB in the league... Very good news for our defense.

He needs to get used to being on his back this Sunday. Can you imagine how loud the Ralph will be Sunday. I'd be there but my son is taking the ACT's so we are flying up for the Patsies. We are excited to see Marsha, Marsha, Marsha, so we can enjoy him on his butt all game long!!

so maybe 9 or 10? Are you really serious? I see this type of stuff written a lot. First, formations change all the time, from play to play.... , Second, Say we have 3 WR and Clay lined up wide- do you honestly think a defense will leave 1 or 2 of these guys uncovered?

You...you do realize that is the purpose of packaged plays, right? You send a TE in motion to see if it's zone or man coverage. If they are playing man, you've removed a defender on the run. If it's zone, you have cushion to throw. Toss in the possibility of the zone read or designed scrambles...

The entire gameplan is going to be the Colts testing whether Tyrod can work them over the middle.

You...you do realize that is the purpose of packaged plays, right? You send a TE in motion to see if it's zone or man coverage. If they are playing man, you've removed a defender on the run. If it's zone, you have cushion to throw. Toss in the possibility of the zone read or designed scrambles...

The entire gameplan is going to be the Colts testing whether Tyrod can work them over the middle.

I understand how the game works, that's why I laugh when people talk about at least 8 in the box.

The best way to do that would be run the ball successfully and keep Luck on the sidelines. Hopefully McCoy will be ready when he debuts for the Buffalo Bills.

I tend to agree with this. None of us know how much damage TT can do if the Colts decide to gang up on the LOS, but we are about to find out. I for one think that the addition of Clay will help. Solid TEs are a young quarterback's best friends.

I also think that if TT can find just some success with the wrs, he will run for over 100 yards. On Sirius, he is already being called the fastest qb in the NFL. Faster than Vick or Kaep. Consider this for a minute if you will.

The 21 yard TD run in preseason was spellbinding. Seriously. He got through the hole in an instant.

Ultimately, the defense needs to step up. They will need sacks and constant pressure. I am not so worried about the Colts running on us, but we shall see.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha

@drewmagary: Know who the real losers are today? THE COLTS BECAUSE THEY SUCK A** http://t.co/KQ7u7VIyvg

Why your team sucks: Colts version

Way late here, but that was the funniest "Why Your Team Sucks" blurb I have seen yet! I had to look up the word delata (the real spelling threw me) haha.

Andrew Luck holds the ball longer then any other QB in the league... Very good news for our defense.

he wont on Sunday, unless some one is counting post whistle

I tend to agree with this. None of us know how much damage TT can do if the Colts decide to gang up on the LOS, but we are about to find out. I for one think that the addition of Clay will help. Solid TEs are a young quarterback's best friends.

I also think that if TT can find just some success with the wrs, he will run for over 100 yards. On Sirius, he is already being called the fastest qb in the NFL. Faster than Vick or Kaep. Consider this for a minute if you will.

The 21 yard TD run in preseason was spellbinding. Seriously. He got through the hole in an instant.

Ultimately, the defense needs to step up. They will need sacks and constant pressure. I am not so worried about the Colts running on us, but we shall see.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or the appearance of pressure?

Tyrod is a legitimate threat. the less he employs it the better for the team, and of course his long term health : )

Way late here, but that was the funniest "Why Your Team Sucks" blurb I have seen yet! I had to look up the word delata (the real spelling threw me) haha.

"Andrew Luck is a hairy mutant forest goblin who spends his free time baking peoples grandchildren into pies and eating those pies. And yet, sportswriters will fall for his sh*t EVERY TIME"