QB Tyrod Taylor to start Week 1

Yeah. Billick wrote a bit for NFL which started off something like this: there are teams with quarterbacks good enough to win the championship and there are those who do not. Speaking of the latter, the Buffalo Bills announce their starting quarterback.

He goes on to say that the bills are following the model of the Seattle Seahawks but lack a running back like Marshawn Lynch but may go forward with their skill players like LeSean McCoy.

Brace yourself, it's bad:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000519135/article/tyrod-taylor-over-ej-manuelmatt-cassel-right-move-for-bills

He says the competition didn't blow the doors off the NFL world. What could it have done to blow the doors off?

Going 30-33, 400 yds, and 4 TDs in a preseason game (what's supposed to be the most important one) didn't do it.

And this isn't "Russel Wilson Syndrome."

It's the Greg Roman Effect.

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a #2 on the team, EJ is not a #2. He's not even a #3. Get a fifth for him, I don't care, just get him off the team.

I don't really ever want to talk about EJ as a Buffalo Bill again.

This is my last EJ post

Come back to earth man, you're outta touch

Like a scorned lover. This is a level of butthurt TBD has seldom seen. Total catastrophic meltdown.

Hopefully we don't get a bad Tyrod:

"The tie rods are part of the steering system on your vehicle, and one of the items that are adjusted when doing an alignment.

When the tie rod is bad, the first thing that happens is your alignment is out. This will result in premature tire wear and possibly the vehicle pulling to one side while driving.

If the tie rod gets bad enough that it actually breaks, you might suddenly lose control of the steering. Hopefully you won't be in a lot of traffic when that happens."

I wouldn't want the team always running left...

I worked at the Delevan Avenue Chevy plant way back when. I spent 6 miserable months on the assembly line, attaching tie rods to the steering thingy. Hardest job ever, but paid big bucks.

Fred was cut because they needed to shed salary and so this was a no brainer. You see, if Taylor starts over 50% of the games in 2015 then the Bills would be forced to pay him a full salary (cant remember the figure, but maybe 6,000,000). Cassel will be next. Again cost savings move. They are shedding where ever they can so that they can create funding for Gilmore and Darius. Prediction, look for Tampa to trade for O'Leary. He was Winston's reliable target at FSU. I'm surprised that O'Leary hasn't stood out. Perhaps he chooses not to. Maybe he wants to get cut. If he does then look for Tampa to snag him up shortly after.

Edited by JTO

My point being, if Tyrod is so great, EJwont get any action, and he is too good to sit on the bench behind Tyrod. That's my firm belief. EJ is clearly a starter in my eyes, do him a solid, and do the locker room a solid by keeping a #2 QB, and let EJ succeed elsewhere.

And if they meet in a conference championship, or Superbowl, who do you think I'll root for?

Lookin at you VABills

EJ :D

Tyrod:

• is the most dynamic player
  • is the toughest player to gameplan for and defend
  • is exciting
  • has a masters degree in not turning it over and relying on defense from college (aka Beamer ball)
  • is our starter

Good work Bills. Nice.

Interesting note from Rotoworld,

"It all comes down to the explosiveness Tyrod brings to us," were the words of coach Rex Ryan.

Taylor is certainly explosive, but has lacked passing finesse going back to his days at Virginia Tech.

He'll be someone the Bills try to hide, hoping for rushing yards and big plays. Taylor's legs put him on the QB2 radar, and leave him as an intriguing early-season possibility in daily leagues.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/316187/bills-confirm-taylor-as-starting-quarterback

Hey Rotoworld, thanks for the 2010 scouting report. 2015 says hi.

Fred was cut because they needed to shed salary and so this was a no brainer. You see, if Taylor starts over 50% of the games in 2015 then the Bills would be forced to pay him a full salary (cant remember the figure, but maybe 6,000,000). Cassel will be next. Again cost savings move. They are shedding where ever they can so that they can create funding for Gilmore and Darius. Prediction, look for Tampa to trade for O'Leary. He was Winston's reliable target at FSU. I'm surprised that O'Leary hasn't stood out. Perhaps he chooses not to. Maybe he wants to get cut. If he does then look for Tampa to snag him up shortly after.

Umm...ok.

As long as it was either Taylor or Manuel I was o.k. with it. I couldn't sit through another season with Orton, :oops: errr, I mean Cassel as quarterback. I would rather watch paint dry than watch a game where Orton or Cassel were playing. Did you notice how conservative the play calling was when they had Cassel in there. Just a whole different approach. No excitement and too afraid to take any kind of risk. When Taylor was in there the excitement level was like kissing a hot cheerleader underneath the bleechers. When Cassel was in there it was like kissing your grandmother. UCK!

:flirt::doh:

Tyrod:

• is the most dynamic player
  • is the toughest player to gameplan for and defend
  • is exciting
  • has a masters degree in not turning it over and relying on defense from college (aka Beamer ball)
  • is our starter

Good work Bills. Nice.

:thumbsup:

And I will add:

I heard former Seahawks Michael Robinson on ESPN talking up Taylor........but implying that Russell Wilson just had an extra edge because of his big hands.

Wilson hands 10 1/4"

Taylor hands 10"

Not saying he is an equivalent of Wilson but it's also not entirely out of the realm of possibility that he couldn't become as effective.

Taylor has the mitts to control a football and do so in poor weather conditions.

Tyrod's touchdown run against the Steelers, where he split the defenders at the goal line...if he keeps that up, he will get killed. I am excited to watch him, but I expect the backup to start a game or 2 at least.

If the Bills start 0-3 (all crucial AFC/division games), and they are having trouble scoring....time for the backup. Of course, the season would probably be screwed by then anyway.

I think Tyrod is going to light it up early though. I more expecting troubles later, after teams have more film of him.

Spoken like the NFL coach you have been.

Yeah, you were a wiser man than I.

In the end, I'm satisfied with how this has played out. Tyrod may have been Rex's hopeful, but he most definitely won over the fanbase, and from what I hear, the locker room.

That just speaks of how thirsty we as fans are, and how pitiful this franchise has become. Hope all this flash, and dash works out. Either way, I will still be rooting for this team.

Do you wanna know something interesting I'm starting to realize about TBD? If you go to the last page of any thread, there are people arguing with and insulting one other. Seriously, try it. Like every thread.

Not surprising. Its human nature. This is as tribal as we get in modern society. The leader of our tribe is now TT. Some grunt good others grunt bad.

No quality and relevant tribe kills yet means grunting goes on.

Hungry for good kills ---> we grunt at each other.

I grunt that new guy is gonna silence the bad grunters.

[now just sniffing air for a scent of a woman - or lombardi trophy]