fred will land where?

nuklz2594

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt its NE. There is a certain coach there that has always eyed Fred, his type of play and his professionalism. Fred will see the playoffs this year, something I am not as sure about for the Bills. This was a very short sited move. I am very unhappy

I would think cutting a 34 year old RB is more long term, than short sighted.

Forgive me taking the 'get off my lawn' position, but listen...I know some of you think everyone is desperately waiting for your thoughts to get posted, but is it even remotely possible you can just take the extra minute you need to edit what you type, or at the very least stop trying to post from a phone using your nose as a stylus.

Thank you.

On this sad day, I can not help but agree. This is an important topic, and it sucks to have a good topic thread started quickly & in a half assed way.

I feel the same way when people butcher colloquialisms like "EJ sees walls writing" HUH? Walls can write? Also, hate picking on posters, as I am not perfect, but some things just get to me a little more on the day your favorite team parts ways with your favorite player.

No doubt its NE. There is a certain coach there that has always eyed Fred, his type of play and his professionalism. Fred will see the playoffs this year, something I am not as sure about for the Bills. This was a very short sited move. I am very unhappy

NE is pretty deep at RB right now. I know they go through quite a few, but still remember, Fred is 34 and there isn't a high demand for a RB that age. They don't stay healthy and he hasn't stayed healthy.

apparently i did not edit/proofread before i posted. i forgot the word miss in my post. seriously?

i will do extra patron before posting.

i will try again. i will miss fred jackson. where do you think he will end up? i feel the patriots and cowboys are an ideal fit.

I just did a little work on Fred vs. the Pats. In his 14 games against them, he has been quite productive:

177 carries for 785 yards (4.43 ypc)

41 catches for 433 yards (10.56 ypc)

5 TDs

Over a 16 game season, that translates into 897 rushing yards and 47 catches for 495 yards - 87 ypg (and 6 TDs).

If you take away his 2007 season, in which had only 11 touches in two games, his yards per reception in the subsequent 12 games goes up to 11.16 (extraordinarily high for a RB), and his prorated rushing/receiving yards go up to 1008/551 over a 16 game season (97.4 yards from scrimmage per game).

I'm guessing Belichick is aware of how well Fred has played against him. That said, he's not a sentimentalist.

I just did a little work on Fred vs. the Pats. In his 14 games against them, he has been quite productive:

177 carries for 785 yards (4.43 ypc)

41 catches for 433 yards (10.56 ypc)

5 TDs

Over a 16 game season, that translates into 897 rushing yards and 47 catches for 495 yards - 87 ypg (and 6 TDs).

If you take away his 2007 season, in which had only 11 touches in two games, his yards per reception in the subsequent 12 games goes up to 11.16 (extraordinarily high for a RB), and his prorated rushing/receiving yards go up to 1008/551 over a 16 game season (97.4 yards from scrimmage per game).

I'm guessing Belichick is aware of how well Fred has played against him. That said, he's not a sentimentalist.

I believe he was much younger in those games. It does make a difference.

I believe he was much younger in those games. It does make a difference.

In his last 4 games he had 211 rushing yards and 115 receiving yards (3.83 ypc/9.58 ypc) along with 2 TDs. That's 81.5 yards from scrimmage per game.The rushing numbers this past season were down, but the offensive line was so atrocious that it has to be factored in.

Stop it with the Pats* He is way too old to get signed there. Unless he takes a tremendous discount to go there he will not be a cheatriot. I honestly don't know if he goes anywhere. I have long thought he wouldn't make it out of training camp but with all of the injuries I then came around to thinking it was possible. His long run on the first play against the steelers showed that he has gotten very slow.

This is a sad day indeed.