Move Easley ^ the depth chart - please

San-O

It was only preseason, the Steelers pass defense was full of holes, but Marcus Easley caught everything throw his way, maybe by different QB, and made

nice catches including one absolute gem on the right side.

Forget the debate about Hogan and Goodwin (hurt) , get Marcus Easley some playing time. Dude can catch the ball from what I was seeing!

Go Bills.

If Easley moves up to #4 WR how much will he see time? Even the #3 WR will see lost time in this scheme. McCoy/Jackson/Dixon/Brown will be on the field most snaps. We will have 5 OL and what we will attempt to call a QB. thats 6 players giving us 4 spots to fill. We will obviously play 2 WR's most of the time because the talent is there. That leaves two spots and being that we have Felton and Clay we will clearly be using a TE and a FB this year. The FB and TE will be competing with the #3 WR to see field time. I'd say it will be about 30% for all 3 to hit the field, and 10% running 2TE's.

Of course, a separate thought I have had is that I do not know much about Mulligan but if we do not keep him or many TE's I would be happy putting Henderson or Kouandjio at the TE position. Henderson would be preferred as it seems he can move his hips and seal the outside a little better if it is a run. I think Gray and Mulligan are on the bubble, while O'Leary is going to the PS.

But, #3 or #5, Easley won't see much time. In fact, at #4 he is set up perfectly to what this team needs. A WR who can play all 4 WR positions; Hogan is nearly able to do this and Goodwin is not. Arguments claim that Harvin can play across the field but this is debatable and I do not think I want to find out.

edit, fixed math.

Edited by Boyst62

It seems like we have too much average talent, it's not a bad thing, some teams wish they had more average talent...we have a fair share of elite talent too.

What helps him is he likes to get physical...he can actually block

If Easley moves up to #4 WR how much will he see time? Even the #3 WR will see lost time in this scheme. McCoy/Jackson/Dixon/Brown will be on the field most snaps. We will have 5 OL and what we will attempt to call a QB. thats 7 players giving us 4 spots to fill. We will obviously play 2 WR's most of the time because the talent is there. That leaves two spots and being that we have Felton and Clay we will clearly be using a TE and a FB this year. The FB and TE will be competing with the #3 WR to see field time. I'd say it will be about 30% for all 3 to hit the field, and 10% running 2TE's.

Of course, a separate thought I have had is that I do not know much about Mulligan but if we do not keep him or many TE's I would be happy putting Henderson or Kouandjio at the TE position. Henderson would be preferred as it seems he can move his hips and seal the outside a little better if it is a run. I think Gray and Mulligan are on the bubble, while O'Leary is going to the PS.

But, #3 or #5, Easley won't see much time. In fact, at #4 he is set up perfectly to what this team needs. A WR who can play all 4 WR positions; Hogan is nearly able to do this and Goodwin is not. Arguments claim that Harvin can play across the field but this is debatable and I do not think I want to find out.

Logic means everything until injuries occur.

We are so loaded at WR it's crazy. Gotta keep Easley though.

No question. Receiving aside, he kills on special teams.

It seems like we have too much average talent, it's not a bad thing, some teams wish they had more average talent...we have a fair share of elite talent too.

What helps him is he likes to get physical...he can actually block

Good points made here, and above. He does get physical, does block and doesn't get hurt it seems.

5 OL and a QB is 6, right? So five spots to fill. McCoy Watkins Woods is three... then pick two for Clay Harvin Felton Freddy Goodwin Easley Booby Brown... the sets theses guys can run is endless.

+ 1

That may include some 4 WR sets. Can you imagine TT in there with 4 wide outs??? :o

+ 1

That may include some 4 WR sets. Can you imagine TT in there with 4 wide outs??? :o

That's one of the reasons I wanted Goodwin. Can you imagine TT out there with McCoy in the backfield and Watkins, Harvin, Woods and Goodwin all split wide. Just send them deep and throw a swing pass to Shady. ;)

5 OL and a QB is 6, right? So five spots to fill. McCoy Watkins Woods is three... then pick two for Clay Harvin Felton Freddy Goodwin Easley Booby Brown... the sets theses guys can run is endless.

Math was fuzzy, head was fuzzy. drank too much last night.

It was only preseason, the Steelers pass defense was full of holes, but Marcus Easley caught everything throw his way, maybe by different QB, and made

Forget the debate about Hogan and Goodwin (hurt) , get Marcus Easley some playing time. Dude can catch the ball from what I was seeing!

Go Bills.

Honestly, I think Easley (and always thought Easley) needs some chances to get in as a WR. The kid as shown plenty of promise. His ST play saved his roster spot after a few injury plagued years, but the kid has shown a lot of potential as a WR too. This kid IMO should hands down be the #4 WR. Look, I like a Goodwin and I have defended him in terms of getting hurt that it was too early to tell if he had bad luck or is just to frail...I am starting to come around that the kid has a ton of talent but his body can't take the abuse (See Percy Harvin). Having both Harvin and Goodwin means hopefully at least one is healthy at a time lol.

Hogan...is well Hogan. Does nothing great, but a good guy for short plays. Easley has speed, size, and seems to me to be a pretty good route runner now. I say put him in at #4 as we will see some time in the games and could be a difference maker at times. Plus, I have no faith in Harvin playing 16 games...hell I don't even know if Harvin will play 10. He just can't stop getting hurt or having set backs. Easley offers a lot more upside as a 3rd or 4th WR than Hogan. You can then bring Goodwin in on plays you want to take the top off the defense, use him less and hopefully help him get through a season.

Nothing against Hogan, but I think he's a guy who we cut. I like our 2 young WR's too. My depth chart:

Watkins

Woods

Harvin

Easley

Goodwin

Davis/Thompson (put the other on PS as you know at some point either/both Harvin and Goodwin will get hurt).

I've always thought Easley was underrated as a wideout... However, yesterday I saw something that made me think twice... Marcus was really sucking wind after a couple of those plays... Doubled over at some points.... How's his heart? -Can we totally dismiss that heart scare he had a couple years back? I like the kd a whole lot... Prefer it if he stayed on this side of the turf.

Go Bills.

Oh he moved up alright> The block for Fred was enough for me.

Isnt it amazing how long he has been on the team, and then how well he played as a receiver yesterday? ! and all his trials and tribulations.

Yep he is my # 4 now

Honestly, I think Easley (and always thought Easley) needs some chances to get in as a WR. The kid as shown plenty of promise. His ST play saved his roster spot after a few injury plagued years, but the kid has shown a lot of potential as a WR too. This kid IMO should hands down be the #4 WR. Look, I like a Goodwin and I have defended him in terms of getting hurt that it was too early to tell if he had bad luck or is just to frail...I am starting to come around that the kid has a ton of talent but his body can't take the abuse (See Percy Harvin). Having both Harvin and Goodwin means hopefully at least one is healthy at a time lol.

Hogan...is well Hogan. Does nothing great, but a good guy for short plays. Easley has speed, size, and seems to me to be a pretty good route runner now. I say put him in at #4 as we will see some time in the games and could be a difference maker at times. Plus, I have no faith in Harvin playing 16 games...hell I don't even know if Harvin will play 10. He just can't stop getting hurt or having set backs. Easley offers a lot more upside as a 3rd or 4th WR than Hogan. You can then bring Goodwin in on plays you want to take the top off the defense, use him less and hopefully help him get through a season.

Nothing against Hogan, but I think he's a guy who we cut. I like our 2 young WR's too. My depth chart:

Watkins

Woods

Harvin

Easley

Goodwin

Davis/Thompson (put the other on PS as you know at some point either/both Harvin and Goodwin will get hurt).

Good post about Easy.

With Goodwin having potentially broken ribs( not his fault) from that nearly illegal hit, i think he gets some good reps this season. hope he makes the most of them!

I've always thought Easley was underrated as a wideout... However, yesterday I saw something that made me think twice... Marcus was really sucking wind after a couple of those plays... Doubled over at some points.... How's his heart? -Can we totally dismiss that heart scare he had a couple years back? I like the kd a whole lot... Prefer it if he stayed on this side of the turf.

I did not notice that??

I too want him to live long and prosper