Most underrated play of the game

We disagree on that. He offers an exceptional quality, speed, that has an impact on the defense whether he is thrown to or not. Of course the concern over his durability will be factored in. But when it comes down to the large numbers in the receiving corps he is worth taking a gamble on because he has something different to offer compared to the other receivers.

I would be shopping him for a trade outside the AFC East. He is wicked fast, but you can't count on him to be there every week. He gets hurt way too much. I don't think he is physically tough enough to warrant a roster spot when you have so many other good receivers on the Bubble.

If you can get something decent for him, like a decent corner back, do it.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be shopping him for a trade outside the AFC East. He is wicked fast, but you can't count on him to be there every week. He gets hurt way too much. I don't think he is physically tough enough to warrant a roster spot when you have so many other good receivers on the Bubble.

If you can get something decent for him, like a decent corner back, do it.

With the depth we have in the receiver corps he is not going to be a full time player. That doesn't mean that he can't be an asset. Even if he is considered to be at the back end of the receiver corps he still offers the team a big play potential. If he gets hurt then so be it. If you are going to take a risk on a player then why not do it for someone with a special ability i.e. speed?

With the depth we have in the receiver corps he is not going to be a full time player. That doesn't mean that he can't be an asset. Even if he is considered to be at the back end of the receiver corps he still offers the team a big play potential. If he gets hurt then so be it. If you are going to take a risk on a player then why not do it for someone with a special ability i.e. speed?

Can't dispute it, your logic does make sense. We always have IR.

My favorite was the out to Gragg in the second half. That was a true "big boy" throw only a handful of human beings can make on an NFL stage. That throw is the reason why you don't cut or trade EJ and even if Taylor wins the starting job you continue to develop EJ.

especially if TT is the starter as we always worry he will get hurt with his running... I am not paranoid about it because of Ej's development and he is ready to step in.

With the depth the Bills have at WR, they don't have the luxury of keeping a guy who is injury-prone. I say IR him.

We disagree on that. He offers an exceptional quality, speed, that has an impact on the defense whether he is thrown to or not. Of course the concern over his durability will be factored in. But when it comes down to the large numbers in the receiving corps he is worth taking a gamble on because he has something different to offer compared to the other receivers.

We disagree on that. We have plenty of speed on this team. McCoy and Karlos are fast rb's,Harvin and Watkins are plenty fast along with a pretty fast te and they can do more than just run fast. He did look good in the broad jump though.It's time to cut the chord. I would take Deonte over him right now. So far Goodwin's best and only attribute is speed. TJ was fast too, really fast.JMO.

I think some of the most underrated plays were the good runs when EJ was playing. I've noticed over the years that when a more experienced quarterback comes into the game the running game gets better. I remember this was the case when Fitz took over, for example. Not sure if it is the footwork, hiding the ball, calling the right blocking (probably a combination of all of the above) but some quarterbacks seem to be able to create better running games. That wasn't the case with EJ in the past but last night it was. He just seemed smooth and calm. Not sure if it will be TT or EJ... and not sure I care...as long as it is one of those two.

Also underrated because nobody is talking about it, is the play of the offensive line.

O-line gave Bills quarterbacks lots of clean pockets and opened holes in the running game. Great job for the most part.

👍

I think some of the most underrated plays were the good runs when EJ was playing. I've noticed over the years that when a more experienced quarterback comes into the game the running game gets better. I remember this was the case when Fitz took over, for example. Not sure if it is the footwork, hiding the ball, calling the right blocking (probably a combination of all of the above) but some quarterbacks seem to be able to create better running games. That wasn't the case with EJ in the past but last night it was. He just seemed smooth and calm. Not sure if it will be TT or EJ... and not sure I care...as long as it is one of those two.

The flip side to this point is that when Meh was in. Look at how he hands the ball off... He holds it in front of him for what seems like an eternity. I have no faith in his ability to run play action. EJ, on the other hand has a smooth hand off, and his play action is very well hidden. For some reason I don't have an opinion on TT (must be my EJ goggles are blinding me).

He's essentially a much better version of TJ Graham but as mentioned, he gets hurt a lot.

Great points as to why you keep him around.

Why do people feel compelled to always compare one player to another? Goodwin and Graham are nothing alike aside from they were/are track athletes. Graham had horrible hands and ball awareness. Goodwin, despite being nicked up frequently, is also a much tougher (more physical) player than Graham ever was.

If Goodwin can find a way to stay healthy he'll last much longer in this league than Graham.

Most underrated play of the game

In the first preseason game, there was designed roll out that was played well by Carolina. There were at least 2 Panthers just waiting and TT simply slid and took a minimal gain instead of trying to get and extra yard or 2 and risking injury. That showed me his smarty early on...