GR postgame unbelievably predicts Cassel as the starter

Have some faith in your offensive coordinator he knows what he is doing. If only pre season counted but it doesn't EJ can not be trusted I think we all know that. It's the unknown in REAL game of Tyrod versus the known of Cassel. It's not like Cassel takes a snap and pukes on himself some of us need to grow up. I prefer Tyrod but its a big risk to roll with Tyrod then have to switch etc. NOT an easy decision. Again I trust the OC I think he knows a little more about the NFL than Howard or even know everything because I watch the all 22 Jeremy

Everyone knowing EJ can't be trusted is not true, I trust EJ more than Cassel. A couple of simple career facts here:

Cassel: 96 tds 70 ints 48 fumbles td to turnover ratio .813%

EJ: 16 tds 12 ints 7 fumbles td to turnover ratio .842%

So again why can't EJ be trusted and Cassel can. I just don't get it.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/8644

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/15803

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe B, one of the biggest EJ haters of all, was actually quite laudatory in his wrap up. Not full bore fanboy but credit where credit is due type.

Now see, that's kind of classy. Not sure if that guy doesn't owe EJ an actual apology down the line though...LOL

All of these local media hacks laughed and mocked at the very notion of EJ eventually becoming a good to great QB. You can't make that go away with one flattering piece IMO.

Everyone knowing EJ can't be trusted is not true, I trust EJ more than Cassel. A couple of simple career facts here:

Cassel: 96 tds 70 ints 48 fumbles td to turnover ratio .813%

EJ: 16 tds 12 ints 7 fumbles td to turnover ratio .842%

So again why can't EJ be trusted and Cassel can. I just don't get it.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/8644

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/15803

I'm sure if you polled the players on offense you would get the same results that Bills beat writer's twitter got...

A bunch of votes for Taylor, a bunch of votes for Manuel and zero votes for Cassel.

So far this morning: Coller still digging/trying to cover his own ass.

Howard Simon deconstructing his argument. Now? Coller is trying to tell us that Cassel might start because of the classroom. /facepalm

I still don't get the "he played the least so he will be ther starter". They only case where that is ever true is with elite QBs. A lot of the elite QBs haven't played a ton this preseason. Rodgers, Manning and Rivers have all played very little. Cassel is clearly not in this category and could use all the prep he can get. Edited by Wayne Cubed

I believe many of the players internally are pulling for EJ. You hear players like Woods, Sammy saying " EJs my guy". Clay was talking him up when he first arrived. Gragg and Gray as well.

IMO, judging by the preseason games...

EJ Manuel would make the WRs/TEs the stars.

Tyrod Taylor would make Greg Roman the star.

I'm on board with this. TT has an x factor that I really want to see in some live NFL action. Ej looks to be progressing and I want to continue to see that.

One thing to always consider when judging preseason ... it's preseason. Remember that defenses aren't showing much, mostly cover 2 or cover 3 or man under 2 deep. A big knock on ej has been his ability to read defenses. Not saying he hasn't come closer to figuring it out, but keep in mind when watching preseason.

To be fair he made some pre snap adjustments in both the Cleveland and Pitt game (one was for the td vs Cleveland). He's coming along in this offense but do agree the defenses aren't showing much but they are also not showing much for the other two qbs. Edited by The Wiz

I still don't get the "he played the least so he will be ther starter". They only case where that is ever true is with elite QBs. A lot of the elite QBs haven't played a ton this preseason. Rodgers, Manning and Rivers have all played very little. Cassel is clearly not in this category and could use all the prep he can get.

Haha what was it McCoy said about Sammy "got to keep the Ferrari in the garage until Sunday"?

Peyton Manning, Rodgers, Rivers: "got to keep the Ferrari in the garage until Sunday"

Cassel: I know Ferraris, and Matt Cassel? He's no Ferrari

EJ and TT have both looked better than Cassell in preseason.

Then again, they've done it against vanilla defenses and often against 2nd and 3rd stringers.

Can EJ and TT perform well in the regular season where they have to quickly diagnose disguised defenses?

I'm not sure... but I'd still choose either of them over Cassell who did little besides dink and dunk. I'm not sure what games the folks at GR have been watching.

EJ and TT have both looked better than Cassell in preseason.

Then again, they've done it against vanilla defenses and often against 2nd and 3rd stringers.

Can EJ and TT perform well in the regular season where they have to quickly diagnose disguised defenses?

I'm not sure... but I'd still choose either of them over Cassell who did little besides dink and dunk. I'm not sure what games the folks at GR have been watching.

Except when they played against ones, and did it playing with 5th stringers on the Bills.

It is beyond belief. It really is. If Cassel is named the starter I give it to the end of the 1st Quarter in game 1 before RWS boos him back to the sideline. You cannot show fans the improvement of EJ and the xfactor of Tyrod and then try and tell them the next time they sit in RWS they will be watching Matt Cassel lead the Bills into the season. Fans are not stupid.

It would be mutiny.

It would be similar to the Bills PR machine selling a Mercedes then delivering a Pinto @ the opener (no offense, Pinto Ron). I was going to replace Pinto with a flaming sh*t sandwich, but you get the idea.

It would be similar to the Bills PR machine selling a Mercedes then delivering a Pinto @ the opener (no offense, Pinto Ron). I was going to replace Pinto with a flaming sh*t sandwich, but you get the idea.

A Sh*t Flambe actually sounds appealing. It's all about the marketing. Did I mention it's organic and non-GMO?