Stick a fork in it

/dev/null

As a huge EJ fan, EJ is behind TT right now because of pocket presence. EJ has improved a lot but when there is pressure or a blitz, TT just has the edge there. Also add in the speed and TT can get plays there that EJ can't. With a clean pocket, EJ looks like a beast. He is getting closer to what we wanted and I am happy starting TT with EJ as the next man in.

Cassel can stay on the team because I like having a vet QB that plays well with others. He can help TT and EJ in practice (unlike Orton last year).

This is where I've been impressed with EJ. On the long throw to Gragg today there was pressure in EJs face. Rather than tuck and run or scramble he just slid left and threw an accurate ball, no panic. It was the sort of play where it would have been really easy to pull it down but he did the right thing.

The Browns were blitzing the hell out of EJ and the line and backs were doing a really poor job. On the last drive in particular, EJ did a really nice job of moving inside the pocket, re-setting, and throwing an accurate pass on multiple occasions.This one is another example where he could have run, didn't, and threw a really nice ball to a man in stride

vs. Carolina on the long TD to Thompson he had pressure, stepped up under control rather than tuck and run and threw a perfect pass to Thompson. In the past? Maybe a scramble or a check down or a throw away. he kept his eyes downfield, moved in the pocket, got his feet set and threw the ball where it was supposed to go.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QB's get hurt more often now. I say keep all 3 and put Simms on the PS if possible.

Also, Darby looks like a wasted pick to me. Too dang small vs big WRs!

I completely disagree about Darby! He hasn't played his 1st NFL game yet but he knows he is being projected the #2 CB. Big jump from college and it is something hard to get adjusted to. He has shown the ability but he will have growing pains! So did/does Gilmore!He did have 2 big PI calls but both questionable. The 2nd was definitely a bit bs. The 1st he didn't play the ball or turn his head so hard to argue, rookie learning the trade.

100% tipped. Trajectory noticeably changed

Probably but isn't it a QBs responsibility to make sure it is not tipped? Wasn't that one of Flutie's biggest problems?

That said I'm rooting for Tyrod or EJ!

EJ under Marrone looked the best when he first got here. In his first pre-season he had moments that were pretty nice. But in his second year where we expected improvement, EJ looked scared and robotic.

It also happened with Orton. He looked best when he didn't know the plays. As the year went on, the hackett/marrone combo made into the QB we saw in the Dolphins and Raiders game.

I'm really hoping that this was the case. Looking back at last year I cannot help but think Marrone and company were no different than the Jauron debacle! Play not to lose and good god don't let the QB screw this close game on us! (I'm thinking halftime and end of game philosophy here folks!)

I completely disagree about Darby! He hasn't played his 1st NFL game yet but he knows he is being projected the #2 CB. Big jump from college and it is something hard to get adjusted to. He has shown the ability but he will have growing pains! So did/does Gilmore!He did have 2 big PI calls but both questionable. The 2nd was definitely a bit bs. The 1st he didn't play the ball or turn his head so hard to argue, rookie learning the trade.

Probably but isn't it a QBs responsibility to make sure it is not tipped? Wasn't that one of Flutie's biggest problems?

That said I'm rooting for Tyrod or EJ!

Tips happen to all QBs sometimes.

I have no idea how anyone can watch the last three preseason games and expect Cassel to start.

Cassel, in both games dinked and dunked his way for a few first downs, but no points. It was like a painful reminder of last year. Yesterday Cassel wasn't just the one with the fewest points, we was the one with worse yards per attempt, worst overall yards and, most importantly, worst accuracy %.

Again, worst accuracy %. The whole premise behind Cassel is that he was the safe option, that he could be the most accurate one to deliver the ball to our skill players. That narrative needs to die.

I have no idea how anyone can watch the last three preseason games and expect Cassel to start.

Cassel, in both games dinked and dunked his way for a few first downs, but no points. It was like a painful reminder of last year. Yesterday Cassel wasn't just the one with the fewest points, we was the one with worse yards per attempt, worst overall yards and, most importantly, worst accuracy %.

Again, worst accuracy %. The whole premise behind Cassel is that he was the safe option, that he could be the most accurate one to deliver the ball to our skill players. That narrative needs to die.

I agree. Cassel seems to be scanning near-to-far, and EJ far-to-near. Tyrod is doing well, but not finding as many long balls as EJ.

As a huge EJ fan, EJ is behind TT right now because of pocket presence. EJ has improved a lot but when there is pressure or a blitz, TT just has the edge there. Also add in the speed and TT can get plays there that EJ can't. With a clean pocket, EJ looks like a beast. He is getting closer to what we wanted and I am happy starting TT with EJ as the next man in.

Cassel can stay on the team because I like having a vet QB that plays well with others. He can help TT and EJ in practice.

This is how I look at it too. Great post.

Can't wait to see how TT does when opposing coaches try to game plan against him. I think he is the most challenging QB on this team to game plan against.

Season ain't over yet, but he did look good today, we will see how it goes when the bullets fly

I agree. When teams game plan for a QB. But other than that, these were the starters on both teams in the 1st QTR and mostly in the 3rd.

Amazing that a project QB could actually get better under professional coaching, huh?...LOL So glad he's proving the naysayers who had no patience wrong. Glad they weren't calling the shots for this team because once cut EJ would be a Jet right now.

or a Patriot.

I don't pretend to be a good talent analyst by any means, but I really don't understand how people are determining that TT is the clear cut starter based upon what we have seen in this offense. Don't get me wrong here. I think TT looks great. But EJ has been consistently dropping the long ball on a dime, hitting his WRs in stride, and scoring TDs. It seems a tough decision to make picking between the two IMO....maybe some of you are better at talent evaluation than I am?

That ^

But Metz's inside source (maybe second hand) that TT is the guy to start week 1.

I don't think you can serve crow in the Preseason.

When you champion the idea that EJ is worse that Cassel.

Yes, they can.

When you say that EJ is inaccurate and then he produces a perfect passer rating

Yes, they can.

Cut Cassel and roll into the season with Tyrod and EJ.

I think there's a really good chance of this if Simms plays well vs Detroit but I can't say I would agree. You gotta keep Cassel in case something happens to Tyrod and EJ, IMO. You don't have a chance if your QB play is poor so I would keep the best three regardless of salary.

Pretty sure the bad EJ throw was a tip. Anybody have a replay or gif of it?

I asked that question yesterday. I haven't seen the replies yet

You know what I'd rather stick a fork in?

The "Bills can't make the playoffs because of the QB position" cliche.

Time for the TV media to strart writing up new teleprompter scripts, and the print media to make new Word templates.

It was absolutely a tip. I slowed it down, and the ball changed direction.

I'm really hoping something this obvious doesn't use up any more bandwidth.

that answers that

Tasker broke his teleprompter

Pretty sure the bad EJ throw was a tip. Anybody have a replay or gif of it?

I believe it was. I watched that a few times.

This would be right, expect that the pass was tipped.

And Tasker just mindlessly had to pull up the meme about EJ's inconsistency. :wallbash: Like no other QBs EVER throw an errant pass or have a ball tipped.

Mind numbing idiots.

Where are the bad throws from Cassel or the miss by Tyrod.

Yes, but I do not think a receiver is anywhere close without that, which is an issue.

I'm not so sure about that. The ball seems to be deflected downward and up field some.

It almost looks like it hits the defender in the elbow too.

Without knowing what the play is, can we say it wasn't partly Andre Davis' fault too?

Was Andre Davis supposed to squat on that route or keep running? There was another WR in the area Davis was running to.

Dude he said Tasker... Nuff said. Tasker has sucked as a commentator all preseason. Take what he says with a grain of salt

I agree. Cassel seems to be scanning near-to-far, and EJ far-to-near. Tyrod is doing well, but not finding as many long balls as EJ.

It seems to me EJ is a guy that has an over the top throwing motion where Tyrod throws more dart passes. I'm sure height plays a part of it but I'm more comfortable watching EJ throw as seems more natural.