Steelers at Bills 1st half thread - Preseason Game 3

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This D is making me nervous. The reason we went 9-7 last year is because we had great special teams and a clutch defense (unlike Pettine's D). But if out D is gonna play like this (like Pettine's D), I would expect us to be more in the 6-10 to 8-8 range

Good thing we don't have Pettine's D this year then. We've got Rex's D. It's different.

But if out D is gonna play like this (like Pettine's D),

Pettine's D was good against the pass and weak vs. run. This D is getting sliced up via the passing game.

Like I said, I'm not worried about the D. They'll be good.

Apparently no one listened to the broadcast when they said Rex was purposely putting his secondary in tough spots tonight. He wants to see how they communicate. They are also not game planning. It's preseason. The defense didn't look amazing last year either.

Dareus is the most important piece of the defense, his absence can't be down played. Gilmore is also a key piece, as is Leodis. In my mind.

AfterMario I'd agree

Edited by 34-78-83

Not panicking about the Defense...Totally understand it's preseason...Just saying...They look awful today...

Am panicking about Darby though...He's just about useless right now...No way is that kid a starter in this league...

Pettine's D was good against the pass and weak vs. run. This D is getting sliced up via the passing game.

Like I said, I'm not worried about the D. They'll be good.

The run D has been quietly stellar today.