Send Your Complaints to WGR Advertisers

ToGoGo

It finally occurred to me what WGR reminds me of: a high school radio station. Schopp is the cranky faculty adviser.

WGR is basically Buff State kids playing radio. The production on their parody songs, and their production values in general, are embarrassingly bad.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WGR is basically Buff State kids playing radio. The production on their parody songs, and their production values in general, are embarrassingly bad.

those songs are awesome...never hear anything like that on other stations. And i think they said Tom is leaving, today may be last day...will miss those songs

It finally occurred to me what WGR reminds me of: a high school radio station. Schopp is the cranky faculty adviser.

Has Schopp even been there this week? The couple of times I listened for a bit, all I kept hearing was Bulldog

Oatmeal draft? Sounds impossible until you start thinking of all the types...

BUT DO WE COUNT CREAM OF WHEAT?! WHAT ABOUT CREAM OF WHEAT BD?

Just take it for what it is: free entertainment. What's the point of getting angry?

There are alternatives, like Sirius NFL Radio, which us usually pretty good. You can count how many times Shannon Sharpe says "Poppa" (his co-host's name) in a 10 minute span... lol

Poppa! Let me tell you Poppa... They just aren't good on offense Poppa!

BTW, as much as I love Sirius NFL Radio, the day Maurice Jones Drew is on is just awful.

Edited by TheFunPolice

These companies typically will have an ad broker. Often companies out source the ad purchasing and don't deal with the networks directly.

To put it bluntly, these companies hardly have any say in regards to programming decisions. Unless you have a very good rep and years of ads with a network, they likely can't even promise you when your ad will be played (what time, what show, etc). Most ads are purchased by number of runs each week.

I understand the need to want to remove a program you don't like, but the best option (and a very easy one in 2015) is to simply not listen.

I'm not sure I understand this post. It makes it sound like small companies don't know or care how their advertising dollars are spent, and don't control that.

I used to run a restaurant franchise that advertised on the radio. While we certainly took much of the advice of our advertising agency, we also provided our own input. We had immense say when and how our ads were heard. Absolute say, in fact. It was our dammed money.

The companies listed can spend their money however they like. If they hear enough complaints about WGR, it's possible they might say or do something. But clearly it's a business decision and it's all about TRPs (Target Rating Points). As long as people listen to WGR, advertisers will advertise there.

I'm not sure I understand this post. It makes it sound like small companies don't know or care how their advertising dollars are spent, and don't control that.

I used to run a restaurant franchise that advertised on the radio. While we certainly took much of the advice of our advertising agency, we also provided our own input. We had immense say when and how our ads were heard. Absolute say, in fact. It was our dammed money.

The companies listed can spend their money however they like. If they hear enough complaints about WGR, it's possible they might say or do something. But clearly it's a business decision and it's all about TRPs (Target Rating Points). As long as people listen to WGR, advertisers will advertise there.

Those were all reactionary posts to try to convince me, and any other people considering filing a complaint, that we are powerless people with no ability to make any change in the world.

Of course if I convince a small business owner that WGR is airing nazi propaganda they would look into that and pull their ad if true.

But it's not. It's a local sports radio station. Depending on the company or product they're purposefully targeting males ages 18-40 and they're buying ads in slots based on projected listenership. There is ZERO chance that they're going to care about any complaints regarding the programming, provided listenership is still where it was when they purchased the time.