Enough incoherence/whining from WGR re: EJ

I agree with you about Schoop. He's a buffoon. The way he treats his callers is aggravating.

I have heard a ton of people say that he should get a chance to start in Pitt though. I think that's a mistake (unless they are just going to be unique and sit most of their key starters to avoid injury - which I wouldn't disagree with at all). At this point I think the EJ ship has sailed for starting this year and to waste time evaluating him further would take away time getting the actual starter ready for the season. It sounds like I am making contradictory points, but I am not. Start EJ if its because most starters are sitting, not to give him a chance to win the job.

Most of the starters will play in the Pittsburgh game.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OC is spot on. I stopped listening to WGR more than a year ago for many of the reasons stated. They parrot the same things over and over again and essentially try to convince the listener that they're right, in lieu of doing any real critical analysis. It's like a terrible joke that just isn't funny being told again and again, each time expecting the listener to laugh. The "even EJ" commentary is very much indicative of the bias we've heard from them over the last year. It's so bad that I don't listen anymore. Two Bills Drive is my source for real information. Now posters aren't always unbiased either, but at least they're honest about it.

did you hear what Howard Stern said today..i hate him.

I know that old, but holy chit no one forces a single one of you people to listen.

To OC...i do believe in reading the tea leaves. When Rex says all three have a start cause EJ started the scrimmage....even a dolt like me says i can read that leaf!

and i am pretty damn sure not one person on here has seen even 1/10th of what Sal and JoeB and other media have seen from April on. These guys have been at every single practice...even the ones open in OTA's.

Truthfully OC, how many you been to?

BTW, I am an EJ fan, and would prefer him to start.

I still have this feeling that the bills look at EJ Manuel as their developmental player and that is why they are keeping 3.......

Cassell is a vet and Tyrod has more years in the NFL......so they are going with those two this year.........but I really think that if EJ can continue his progression (and say what you want....EJ HAS gotten better) that he might be in serious consideration next year.

I still have this feeling that the bills look at EJ Manuel as their developmental player and that is why they are keeping 3.......

Cassell is a vet and Tyrod has more years in the NFL......so they are going with those two this year.........but I really think that if EJ can continue his progression (and say what you want....EJ HAS gotten better) that he might be in serious consideration next year.

The only way they don't keep EJ is if someone offers them a trade that they like.

It's not cost effective to cut him, nor is it advisable to go into the season with only 1 player with NFL starting experience.

Dont tell Marrone that, he started the year with zero QBs with NFL experience

Not really...the team had signed Kolb in the offseason. He wasn't supposed to injure his knee slipping on a mat, or knock himself out of the league by head-butting a defender's knee in his 2nd preseason start.

When I watch the AZ Cardinals media coverage, there's a lot of joking and fun stuff.

When I watch Bills coverage, it's so serious with sprinkles of backhanded compliments and passive aggressiveness.

Rex is finally lightening things up a bit.

Maybe it's a product of the 15 year drought or maybe Buffalo reporters are just miserable. Idk.

I know that old, but holy chit no one forces a single one of you people to listen.

To OC...i do believe in reading the tea leaves. When Rex says all three have a start cause EJ started the scrimmage....even a dolt like me says i can read that leaf!

and i am pretty damn sure not one person on here has seen even 1/10th of what Sal and JoeB and other media have seen from April on. These guys have been at every single practice...even the ones open in OTA's.

I made it to camp twice this year, and coincidentally ended up right near/behind Joe B both times. That guy isnt seeing anything more than anyone else, nor is he even properly trained to know what he is looking for.

I'd believe him if he was Jaworksi or someone else with a lot of playing and film experience saying it. But dude is just a fan with a little more access and a closer seat.

I made it out to camp 3 time this year. 1 early (i think it was the 4th one) and 2 later ones (12,13 I think). I've been following what Sal and Joe have been saying along while watching camp at the same time. I'll have to say, a lot of the time they are putting out stuff to get clicks. Yes they are throwing in things that are important also but there was a large amount of, I call them, "finger pointing" when it came to the QBs.

I don't think when Sal and Joe are on the show it is as volatile as when it's schoop/bulldog taking calls. They try to talk football with Sal/Joe, but they are pretty much clueless about what they are doing.

The tea leaf thing was kind of a stupid thing for them to say is all. I admit, EJ's a long shot for starting at this point and will be kept as a back up to develop but they just assume trade/cut or do whatever to get him off the roster which is premature IMO.

And I do believe in the 3 camps I went to EJ improved from early on to the last two.

Most of the starters will play in the Pittsburgh game.

I know that. I was just saying that if the coaches decided to go against the grain and sit most of the starters (to avoid costly injuries) then I wouldn't have a problem with EJ starting. Other than that, I'd rather see EJ stick with playing with the backups and get the actual starter ready for the season, despite the improvements EJ has made.

OC is spot on. I stopped listening to WGR more than a year ago for many of the reasons stated. They parrot the same things over and over again and essentially try to convince the listener that they're right, in lieu of doing any real critical analysis. It's like a terrible joke that just isn't funny being told again and again, each time expecting the listener to laugh. The "even EJ" commentary is very much indicative of the bias we've heard from them over the last year. It's so bad that I don't listen anymore. Two Bills Drive is my source for real information. Now posters aren't always unbiased either, but at least they're honest about it.

I just wish there was a good Buffalo sports radio alternative. I have a 90 minute commute each way, every day and like listening to Buffalo sports radio. The morning show is good, the afternoon show is brutal!!!

I know that. I was just saying that if the coaches decided to go against the grain and sit most of the starters (to avoid costly injuries) then I wouldn't have a problem with EJ starting. Other than that, I'd rather see EJ stick with playing with the backups and get the actual starter ready for the season, despite the improvements EJ has made.

I just wish there was a good Buffalo sports radio alternative. I have a 90 minute commute each way, every day and like listening to Buffalo sports radio. The morning show is good, the afternoon show is brutal!!!

You'd better tell that to the coaches. I can't imagine them giving him time with the starters just because. He's either in the running or not. Regardless of the media drum beat, they do not know what the coaches are thinking.

I made it out to camp 3 time this year. 1 early (i think it was the 4th one) and 2 later ones (12,13 I think). I've been following what Sal and Joe have been saying along while watching camp at the same time. I'll have to say, a lot of the time they are putting out stuff to get clicks. Yes they are throwing in things that are important also but there was a large amount of, I call them, "finger pointing" when it came to the QBs.

I don't think when Sal and Joe are on the show it is as volatile as when it's schoop/bulldog taking calls. They try to talk football with Sal/Joe, but they are pretty much clueless about what they are doing.

The tea leaf thing was kind of a stupid thing for them to say is all. I admit, EJ's a long shot for starting at this point and will be kept as a back up to develop but they just assume trade/cut or do whatever to get him off the roster which is premature IMO.

And I do believe in the 3 camps I went to EJ improved from early on to the last two.

Appreciate that Wiz and DR...and i think that is the point. Practice is just as important for these guys as the games(not saying i agree with that), and Sal and JoeB and Rodak etal have seen every single one, even going back to OTAs in April

In terms of Shopp , i have always defended him, but will say i am not such a fan anymore and just dont listen to the afternoon show, and have not for about 3 months..easy peezy!

Can say I love listening to the morning guys, and i really do not detect any kind of bias against EJ, they are just reporting what they see and interpreting other things, and i must say i agree with their interpretation 95% of the time.

I agree with you about Schoop. He's a buffoon. The way he treats his callers is aggravating.

Even simple manners, people call in and say "hey guys how are you doing?" They respond a resolute "fine" nothing more.

Yeah folks say don't listen, but the bills talk just offers a missing piece of home u can't get anywhere.

Even simple manners, people call in and say "hey guys how are you doing?" They respond a resolute "fine" nothing more.

Yeah folks say don't listen, but the bills talk just offers a missing piece of home u can't get anywhere.

Which is my favorite. The guys on the morning show at least respond semi-genuinely. And too be fair, I understand that when you get called in on you might get tired of having to answer that over and over.

I understand that you can only answer that so many times, and most of the time people only ask because it's what our brain is trained to do to start a conversation. They only have a limited amount of time on the air and want to get to the point. Ok, fine.

But when I hear someone making a well thought out, balanced argument in a civil tone, and they just talk over the caller, and then mock his points instead of actually having an intelligent response... that's when I change the station. And it usually only takes about 5 minutes (max) to get to that point. Then I just go to my streaming music apps and that is that.

I get enough (and better) Bills talk here. If they arent breaking a story (which they never do) they are pretty much worthless.

I am pretty sure they do this because they have made comments in the past they don't like to waste time with being asked that 100 times a day. I seem to remember a show years ago where schopp hung up on a caller of two because they kept doing it after he asked them to stop.

I think since its natural to ask the first question they just say that to get the process moving.

Media folks operate in a bubble. I get the impression they are really writing and reporting more for each other than they are their audience.

WGR's drive-time shows are nothing more than continuous op-ed segments and a study in groupthink bordering on contempt for its listeners.

GO BILLS!!!