EJ Manuel: "I love it here and want to stay here"

YoloinOhio

while I agree with you, Whaley does have the onions to do it as we've seen from some of his other trades. I wouldn't be surprised especially if it is true that he's clearly the 3rd qb (according to the media) yet they are showcasing him....

If EJ starts the game on Saturday then I'll buy in to the "they are showcasing him" argument. If he plays 2nd or 3rd I think it's clear they plan on keeping him as the #3 this season.

I don't think he is under consideration to be the opening day starter.

Just my opinion.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great story buddy. Cheap shots forever!

not knocking him. he's going to be a great backup QB in this league for many years and make millions. he's not a starting "franchise" QB but not many are. he can have a good career coming off the bench from time to time, althought it might not end up being in Buffalo. nothing wrong with that. stop trying to make him something he's not

Rex wants to build a bully, right? My best advice to EJ, if he wants to win the starting job, is this. Go out and punch someone in the face. Doesn't matter who it is, maybe Wood, would be a good choice, maybe Woods would be a better statement. Or even a defensive guy, but someone, anyone. Just punch someone EJ, I guarantee, Rex notices you, rest of the team notices, national media, etc.

C'mon EJ, just punch somebody!

It's hard not to like this kid.

It's also hard to imagine him getting a chance here. If he goes I will wish him well.

Just would like to see him succeed somewhere.

Hard to imagine him getting a chance here? The QB position is there for the taking. If you can't beat out Matt Cassell and Tyrod Taylor, then you pretty much suck.

If EJ starts the game on Saturday then I'll buy in to the "they are showcasing him" argument. If he plays 2nd or 3rd I think it's clear they plan on keeping him as the #3 this season.

Just my opinion.

by showcase I mean that reportedly they want to play all 3 with the 1s. I guess I don't know why they would do that if he's clearly the 3rd QB (I'm not doubting that btw) unless they maybe want to "showcase him". It just seems like a logical conclusion if he is indeed out of the race for starter. Because if it's really down to 2 and they have no designs on trading him, wouldn't it be critical to give TT and Cassel as much time with the 1s as possible to aid in the decision? Edited by YoloinOhio

not knocking him. he's going to be a great backup QB in this league for many years and make millions. he's not a starting "franchise" QB but not many are. he can have a good career coming off the bench from time to time, althought it might not end up being in Buffalo. nothing wrong with that. stop trying to make him something he's not

Fair enough, there's still time left in this story though.

Hard to imagine him getting a chance here? The QB position is there for the taking. If you can't beat out Matt Cassell and Tyrod Taylor, then you pretty much suck.

Agree on Cassel, Tyrods only been beaten out by Joe Flacco upto this point. Can't verify his suckitide yet.

EJ is great! EJ must start! :thumbsup:

EJ sucks! EJ must go! :thumbdown:

YES EJ! NO EJ! YES EJ! NO EJ! YES EJ! NO EJ! YES EJ!

That about sums up half the threads on this board, with the same handful of bored people filling up each thread with redundancy. I understand that it's a hot topic, but how many times can you retrace the same steps before growing sick and tired of going nowhere? It's like the Miller Lite "TASTES GREAT!" vs "LESS FILLING!" argument going on without interruption for 2 months. Maybe give it a rest?

EJ is great! EJ must start! :thumbsup:

EJ sucks! EJ must go! :thumbdown:

YES EJ! NO EJ! YES EJ! NO EJ! YES EJ! NO EJ! YES EJ!

That about sums up half the threads on this board, with the same handful of bored people filling up each thread with redundancy. I understand that it's a hot topic, but how many times can you retrace the same steps before growing sick and tired of going nowhere? It's like the Miller Lite "TASTES GREAT!" vs "LESS FILLING!" argument going on without interruption for 2 months. Maybe give it a rest?

huh? It's just an article that is actually balanced vs what you mentioned..

Rex wants to build a bully, right? My best advice to EJ, if he wants to win the starting job, is this. Go out and punch someone in the face. Doesn't matter who it is, maybe Wood, would be a good choice, maybe Woods would be a better statement. Or even a defensive guy, but someone, anyone. Just punch someone EJ, I guarantee, Rex notices you, rest of the team notices, national media, etc.

the best target for that is the JawBreaker.

One day I'll stop feeling compelled to point this out...but since that day is not today, here goes:

Trent played his best game as a pro against SD, 2 weeks after getting drilled by Adrian Wilson. The hit was not was did him in; it was the fact that opposing DCs stopped giving him the money throws, and he had no ability to hit intermediate or downfield throws with any consistency.

100 percent true. The myth needs to die.

Someone astutely commented that the player-development problem in having a young QB (rookie or 2nd year, which Manuel is effectively) compete against a seasoned vet in training camp is that the vet will almost always win - he will learn the playbook faster, he will adjust to different receivers faster, he will read and react to coverages faster, simply by virtue of having been at his craft longer.

Really doesn't say too much about the long-term potential of both players.

While that's not a good idea, one does sometimes get the feeling that EJ is too much of a "people pleaser" and wonder if he's willing to get in someone's face - an OLman who totally whiffed, a WR who took a route off - when he needs to

EJ is a great kid. Says all the right things. Stays out of trouble. However, Trent Edwards was a great kid, with a wonderful family. But after he got his bell rung he just wasn't a good QB. While EJ never got his bell rung, he just isn't consistent enough to be a starting QB in the NFL. Unlike Losman who was a complete butt, EJ is a good guy and I wish him well, just not being the leader of the Bills unless he somehow has that magical QB light go on.

However - teams often keep a developmental QB back there. They could do worse. He's gotta be better than sims...

Just my opinion.

And if he is the 3rd string QB for awhile, so what? He'd be in a better position to continue his development under real NFL coaches, and would be available when the inevitable happens... to whit, TT pops a ganubie and/or White Castle gets concussed.

At this point, he's a backup talent wise, with first string potential. IMHO. It would be ludicrous to toss him away now, which is why I guess so many stalwart posters have been calling for that to happen. They miserable and can't live with being wrong.

And if he is the 3rd string QB for awhile, so what? He'd be in a better position to continue his development under real NFL coaches, and would be available when the inevitable happens... to whit, TT pops a ganubie and/or White Castle gets concussed.

At this point, he's a backup talent wise, with first string potential. IMHO. It would be ludicrous to toss him away now, which is why I guess so many stalwart posters have been calling for that to happen. They miserable and can't live with being wrong.

agree, I hope they don't trade him. It isn't totally uncommon for 2 QBs To get hurt in a season. Here is what some teams are looking at for a 3rd QB.

@ProFootballTalk: Report: Rex Grossman visiting Falcons on Tuesday http://t.co/E6sJEDgX7k

While that's not a good idea, one does sometimes get the feeling that EJ is too much of a "people pleaser" and wonder if he's willing to get in someone's face - an OLman who totally whiffed, a WR who took a route off - when he needs to

Kidding aside, I do think that's one of, if not the biggest knock on EJ, he needs to learn to be a leader and command the offense. In last week's preseason game, when he was getting shelled by the Browns defensive line, 3rd string o-line or not, he should have been in those guys faces basically screaming at them and telling them how to do their job. Remember how Kelly used to be, he would never have let his o-line pull that crap. The great QB's simply elevate the guys around them. There's still lots of time for EJ, would be great to see it click with him, and if not, throw him on the scrap heap.