8-25: Bills' Final Training Camp Practice - 10 AM to 12 PM

Chris Brown @ChrisBrownBills 36s36 seconds ago

Again for what it's worth - Cassel then Taylor w/1st team O vs.scout team 'D'. EJ, Simms w/scout team O vs. 1st team D. #Bills

EJ is clearly being put in the most difficult position.

Joe Buscaglia @JoeBuscaglia 1m1 minute ago

EJ got one rep in the current set of team drills, but it was with the third-team offensive line. #Bills

Edited by Rockinon

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea I don't get it. A ball off the chest is a ball off the chest. Doesn't matter how it got there.

Could be that Goodwin had to make an awkward adjustment. Like we saw in the Carolina game. Don't know until we see a replay, though, because the reporters give little to no details.

Yeah, I'm guessing it was placed poorly and Goodwin adjusted but couldn't get his hands on it, just his chest. I don't know, it seems odd, but it probably makes sense if you see it

In the chest? I don't know how it can be a bad throw it it bounces off the chest? Not a spiral? I don't care. A guy making a million dollars should catch it even if it's end over end.

Idk, man. You should try to think about the possibilities until we see a replay. Actually use your noodle. If it was a perfect pass, then they wouldn't have said it was a bad pass, so...

Apparently it was a poor throw that bounced off Goodwin's chest. I don't really know what that means.

Tyler Dunne @TyDunne

Goodwin gets behind the defense in 7 on 7, as he often does, but Taylor's heave bounces right off his chest. Loud sigh from the crowd.

Mark Ryan ‏@migitymizark

@TyDunne it was a poor throw

Tyler Dunne @TyDunne

That, too.

I'm sorry, but if it hits your chest, you should catch it. Even if it's not perfect, that's what starters do in the NFL.

Yeah, I'm guessing it was placed poorly and Goodwin adjusted but couldn't get his hands on it, just his chest. I don't know, it seems odd, but it probably makes sense if you see it

Right but how does he get hit in the chest but not able to get his hands on it? Did he have an arm transplant with a T-Rex?

If Goodwin is running a go-route, a well thrown ball is unlikely to hit him in chest because of the angle. Goodwin has his back to the QB. It would drop insomnia hands.

So, Goodwin had to make some sort of adjustment, whether it was breaking inside or stopping to turn around and jump for it. One thing I don't want Goodwin doing is jumping for a ball. He's not good at it and he seems to always end up injured.

@TyDunne

CB Ron Brooks picks off a Chris Simms pass along the sideline, and has a long return. He's been the No. 3 corner outside all camp.

@JoeBuscaglia

Manuel got three first-team reps in his set. Cassel and Taylor have gotten a lot more. #Bills

@SalSports

Sorry for lack of Charles Clay updates. Hasn't taken team reps, but been on field watching with helmet. No trainers around. So, that's good

If Goodwin is running a go-route, a well thrown ball is unlikely to hit him in chest because of the angle. Goodwin has his back to the QB. It would drop insomnia hands.

So, Goodwin had to make some sort of adjustment, whether it was breaking inside or stopping to turn around and jump for it. One thing I don't want Goodwin doing is jumping for a ball. He's not good at it and he seems to always end up injured.

I was thinking a throw behind his head that he had to adjust and lean back for. It can be both catchable and inaccurate.