Robert Woods Serious Trade Bait--conjecture

With the depth and scheme we have this guy is becoming expendable. He's already showing frustration about not getting the ball enough. He's not the red zone threat we need. Imo we don't miss a beat without him. Packers or Panthers oth may feel with their elite QBs he could be a #1 WR. If either one offers a first I'm on it. Also willing to listen to other packages. Thoughts?

Edited by JTSP

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the depth and scheme we have this guy is becoming expendable. He's already showing frustration about not getting the ball enough. He's not the red zone threat we need. Imo we don't miss a beat without him. Packers or Panthers oth may feel with their elite QBs be could he a #1 WR. If either one offers a first I'm on it. Also willing to listen to other packages. Thoughts?

Come on man?!? Think again because this is ridiculous.

With the depth and scheme we have this guy is becoming expendable. He's already showing frustration about not getting the ball enough. He's not the red zone threat we need. Imo we don't miss a beat without him. Packers or Panthers oth may feel with their elite QBs be could he a #1 WR. If either one offers a first I'm on it. Also willing to listen to other packages. Thoughts?

I guess I could get on board with the first. But that's about the only conceivable package I can think of.

I'd consider listening if it were for a first. I doubt anyone would offer that. It's nice to have a position that the Bills are almost too deep at for a change.

He had 700 yards in our crappy offense last year. With cam or Aaron I think the expectation can bump that to 1,000+ this year. He's not getting that this year in our run first scheme, and with guys like Watkins, Clay and others needing the ball when we do throw it. This forms the basis for a mutually beneficial trade. Edited by JTSP

I'd consider listening if it were for a first. I doubt anyone would offer that. It's nice to have a position that the Bills are almost too deep at for a change.

Yep, He's just too good to let go for less. That said I don't know what the remainder of his contract is like, how much value is there for another team? I'd love to stock up on some cheap talent with an extra first.

No way I'm trading Woods. Harvin can't stay healthy and, I hate to say this, Watkins has that hip problem that, to me, is worrisome. After that you don't have much, Goodwin is the only talented and consistent enough to start but he is always banged up. Hogan is not reliable and Easley is a ST ace but unproven as a wideout.

No way I'm trading Woods. Harvin can't stay healthy and, I hate to say this, Watkins has that hip problem that, to me, is worrisome. After that you don't have much, Goodwin is the only talented and consistent enough to start but he is always banged up. Hogan is not reliable and Easley is a ST ace but unproven as a wideout.

I really like the play of Thompson and Davis this preseason.

For the amount of trades that happen in the NFL... we sure do waste a ton of time with these bogus hypotheticals.

I really like the play of Thompson and Davis this preseason

Yes, 22+ snaps in the preseason have proven that Robert Woods is expendable.

Edited by jmc12290

For a 1st - sure, but that is never happening.

For anything else? Nope. I have said elsewhere though I don't see any way at the moment that Woods is any more than a 1 contract Bill. I think we have him this year and next and then he is off. Looking at a situation where we have to pay Dareus, Gilmore at least one of Glenn and Bradham, Preston Brown, Watkins plus the contracts already on the books for Hughes, McCoy and Clay - I just don't see how they can afford to keep Woods. Going forward the receiving corps will be Sammy and then rotating through cheap pick ups and draft picks.