Tyrod Taylor Confidence Meter

Tyrod Taylor Confidence Meter  

290 members have voted

1. 1. What are the chances that Tyrod Taylor can become a "franchise" QB in 2015?

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Escape ability, pocket presence, running ability (read option), accuracy, intelligence, mechanics. I see a night and day difference in their upside especially in terms of versatitly and dynamic ability in which he can bring to Romans offense. It isn't even close for me.

as i said, we look at "upside" differently.

EJ is very mobile, EJ is big enough to stand in and make plays, EJ is very intelligent, when EJ can get his mechanics down hes very accurate.

that you include mechanics in a list of upside, is probably the prime difference. i look at upside as "if he can clean up this issue and that issue what could he be...." if EJ can clean up his mechanics, and just a bit on his presence (goes hand in hand) -- he could do everything that tyrod does, plus be bigger, stronger, etc.... you cant learn to be bigger/faster, so those are the "upside attributes" to me.

as i said, we look at "upside" differently.

EJ is very mobile, EJ is big enough to stand in and make plays, EJ is very intelligent, when EJ can get his mechanics down hes very accurate.

that you include mechanics in a list of upside, is probably the prime difference. i look at upside as "if he can clean up this issue and that issue what could he be...." if EJ can clean up his mechanics, and just a bit on his presence (goes hand in hand) -- he could do everything that tyrod does, plus be bigger, stronger, etc.... you cant learn to be bigger/faster, so those are the "upside attributes" to me.

The BIG and STRONG and large hands certainly are upside attritubes but i stray away from the old school front office mentality. They are esentially upside traits of a QB that I consider at the bottom when evaluating Cassell, Tyrod and Manuel for who starts at QB in 2015.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

The BIG and STRONG, large hands certainly are upside attritubes but i stray away from the old school front office mentality. They are esentially traits of a QB what I consider at the bottom when evaluating Cassell, Tyrod and Manuel for who starts at QB in 2015.

again, who starts week 1, and who has the most upside are two different questions in my book. they arent in yours. wed just be talking past each other if we continue on with that debate i think.

ill come to your end though and say that in who has the most potential week 1 - i still think its closer than you give credit for, but i get where your coming from.

again, who starts week 1, and who has the most upside are two different questions in my book. they arent in yours. wed just be talking past each other if we continue on with that debate i think.

ill come to your end though and say that in who has the most potential week 1 - i still think its closer than you give credit for, but i get where your coming from.

That was the point I was making against previous. IMO that is old fashioned thinking and what I am concerned about how the coaching staff is going to look at the QB position."Vetrin presents", "can manage an offense", "minimizes mistakes" > upside.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

I think Tyrod has great leadership skills, and tons of good electrifying energy. Also brings a lot of excitement to the game. That being said I prefer a true pocket passer, I believe that that is what is needed to succeed in the pro's. I think Tyrod could be figured out by 4-6 weeks of starting and will have to beat defenses with his arm. And I think that's the key for him. And also why I've been behind EJ for so long. I feel that Tyrod has a strong chance at being franchise if he has the arm, I'm voting 50% because I'm not sure he's got the arm, but I personally haven't seen enough of him to make that determination.

If Tyrod gets the starting nod, I'm behind Rex's decision 100%, for probably this season and next. If Tyrod busts after next season as starter, I'll be getting mad at Rex.

I still think he runs too quickly ,on some plays. I saw a open player for a td ,maybe Hogan on that scramble sack. I`d like to see his deep ball accuracy. He will free up the run game . I would like to see some red zone throws. I really don`t know what Rex is thinking. I really think E.J. has stepped up his play. He`s much better in the pocket and his accuracy shows improvement.What ever they decide will be fine with me.

Time to gamble and go with EJ and Taylor. They will lose games with mistakes but that is the only way to develop them.

Even in the regular season , each play a half ?

Sure, let's risk injuries to both of them.

If he starts there's no way he finishes the year. He will get injured or fizzle out once teams figure out that he runs wide every time on his bootleg. He adds excitement but I don't think it's anything long term so let's keep in mind that QB's like this may have some early success but it's never for very long