Tyrod Taylor Confidence Meter

Tyrod Taylor Confidence Meter  

290 members have voted

1. 1. What are the chances that Tyrod Taylor can become a "franchise" QB in 2015?

We did it last week for EJ and apparently it wasn't without bias. Let's apply the exact same question to Tyrod.

There is so much talk on the topic that I thought that a poll may be appropriate. What are the odds in your opinion that Tyrod Taylor can be a "franchise" type QB this year? As a baseline I would say, Alex Smith / Ryan Tannehill represent the low end. Basically what are the odds that he can achieve that level of play.

It doesn't matter if T-Mobile is a Franchise QB.

Tyrod looks like Doug Flutie 2.0 to me. With all those boot legs.

Doug Flutie got us to the last playoff game and (probably would have won it if he started! ( but lets not speak ill of the departed))

He won't be Andrew Luck but he looks like he has what it takes to win games.

My definition of a "Franchise QB" is a person that allows their team to win more games than if an average QB started in their place.

i.e. Bengals probably win more games with Andrew Luck(Franchise QB) over Andy Dalton (average QB)

Conversely Colts probably lose more games than they have won if Andy Dalton starts over Andrew Luck.

The 2015 Buffalo Bills just need Taylor to be an average starting QB.

Edited by 1B4IDie

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did RG3's rookie season make him a "franchise QB?"

To be a franchise guy you have to do it for more than a single season. So no, he can't be a franchise guy this year alone.

Obviously, but if none of these guys put at that level this year they will be drafting a 1st round QB next year. They have 1 chance.

How many NFL games has he started? How many passes has he thrown and completed? TD's? This guy is fun to watch (like Tebow) but he's no Aaron Rodgers hiding in the shadows behind Joe Flacco. He flies by the seat of his pants, and that tells you he's going to spend a lot of time on his butt.

So the poll is tough to sort.

I have been on the too soon to tell bandwagon. But at some point , and that point is coming soon Rex is going to have to choose.

I personally am torn. But for all the right reasons. Both he and EJ appear to know what they are doing and having some success in doing just that.

I voted 26-50. But i really have no idea. How many games has Tyrod played. How much has been asked of him?

And geez kids it just a preseason game.

I am firm on this point though TT and EJM should be #1 and #2.

Lats night gave us all hope we might be okay after all.

But its still just hope. Which is fine with me BTW. but i am keeping it tempered for sure

I mean it was just, the Brownies :rolleyes:

Edited by 3rdand12

I don't think this question is fair. Why does he have to become a franchise QB? Of course that would be nice but the relevant question is can he lead us to the playoffs? Anything beyond that is wishful thinking until we see real games.

Because if he isn't he won't be starting in 2016. If he leads the team to the playoffs he probably will be. They aren't going to develop one of these guys beyond this year.

Because if he isn't he won't be starting in 2016. If he leads the team to the playoffs he probably will be. They aren't going to develop one of these guys beyond this year.

You can lead a team to the playoffs and not be a franchise QB. That is what I am saying. Andy Dalton is not a franchise QB but if TT leads us to the playoffs that is fine.

Why not ? this is a very odd situation for The Bills to be in. I might consider both of them projects still with each having " upside"

Contractually i think they can keep both for longer than this year.

Its Castle that will be relieved of duty and they can draft another. Or maybe find a sweet trade.

and those that have opined we dont need a franchise/ elite QB, i thinks thats a fair outlook. we shall see about all that though.

You can lead a team to the playoffs and not be a franchise QB. That is what I am saying. Andy Dalton is not a franchise QB but if TT leads us to the playoffs that is fine.

That's why I used Alex Smith as the floor. He doesn't have to become Aaron Rodgers but can he play near the middle of the league? Maybe a better way of putting it is "will ____ go into next year as the unquestioned starter?"

Why not ? this is a very odd situation for The Bills to be in. I might consider both of them projects still with each having " upside"

Contractually i think they can keep both for longer than this year.

Its Castle that will be relieved of duty and they can draft another. Or maybe find a sweet trade.

and those that have opined we dont need a franchise/ elite QB, i thinks thats a fair outlook. we shall see about all that though.

This team is built to win now. I can't see them spending another season figuring out if one of these guys is THE guy. My guess is that they draft a QB in the 1st if they haven't seen enough from Tyrod or EJ. Next year is a good QB draft and they'll try to add a new young guy. JMO, but they aren't going to waste the current talent trying to figure out if a QB can play. That's why many project Cassel still. They know what they are getting.

That may very well happen but you and I both know if they take a 1st round QB he is the guy that they want to become "the franchise guy."

If it falls that way , of course. Best case scenario Tyrod or EJM have developed some trade value by then?