After the Browns game, who do you want as Bills starting QB?

BustaTimes

After the Browns game, who do you want as Bills starting QB?  

332 members have voted

1. 1. After the Browns game, who do you want as Bills starting QB?

• Tyrod Taylor
    • EJ Manuel
    • Matt Cassell
    • Matt Simms
    • Someone else
    • It's too early to tell

Was it a drop? I couldn't tell from the replay. It looked like the pass was a bit late and the DB might have gotten his hand on the ball. But if not, it definately should have been caught.

it hit the WR in the shoulder pad because the DB barred his arms against his body

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing is obvious (at least at this stage), the Bills QB situation isn't quite the dumpster fire it was made out to be during the workouts and training camp.

That is the key here.

Tyrod impressed me. I like his quick release and tight spiral.

Plus he turned a -7 yard sack into a +9 yard run. Cassel would have been buried in the same situation.

I don't hate any.

Right now if pressed I'd roll with T-Mobile.

No doubt. If the starters go down, they are in trouble no matter who is at QB.

Was it a drop? I couldn't tell from the replay. It looked like the pass was a bit late and the DB might have gotten his hand on the ball. But if not, it definately should have been caught.

I mean it could have been in a better spot, but it was very catchable.

I mean it could have been in a better spot, but it was very catchable.

I agree it was catchable, if the WR could get to the ball. That's what I couldn't see. I thought the DB may have hit the ball. B-Hookie says the DB got an arm bar on the WR.

Halfway through the preseason it would probably be good, regardless of our euphoria, if either of the two guys in line to be the starter on this team for the past few weeks throws a touchdown pass.

...and I say this even though I voted for Tyrod.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

No doubt. If the starters go down, they are in trouble no matter who is at QB.

I wouldn't exactly call it a drop.

I would say that any of the Top 5 receivers probably make that catch.

It was a very catchable ball if the receiver plays the ball right.

That guy kinda waited for the ball to come to him instead of go attack the TD and haul it in.

Edited by 1B4IDie

Tyrod has the legs, big play ability, make something out of nothing ability.

Cassel has the short passing game, veteran experience. Most knowledge and accuracy.

Manuel has the best arm, is probably the best 2 minute guy.

Those are just strengths. They all have weaknesses. It's hard to say how you can rate any much better or worse. Given the element of the enhanced running game with Taylor and the fact that he's never actually failed yet as a starter, his age, I really think he will get the nod.

Frankly, we haven't seen any of the three miss too many wide open receivers that we were told to expect.

I think TT should start. Cassell should likely be the backup unless EJ plays and lights it up next week when it counts. EJ showed me something though in his three appearances counting the scrimmage. He's getting better but he's not there yet.