EJ deserves time on the field with first team offense.

gsurdam

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess people are forgetting that the coaches see him everyday in practice. I doubt EJ gets cut or anything drastic like that, but he has not positioned himself in practice to see time with the 1st team offense. Taylor should absolutely start the next preseason game to see if he can follow up or improve on tonight's performance. Manuel and Cassel can now battle for the number 2 spot. Just because he's looked decent with scrubs against scrubs doesn't mean we need to waste another chance to evaluate Taylor in the number one spot again.

Edited by BrooklynBills

Why don't we have a backup LT? We put that scrub johnson at LT and he was blown by every play.

Contrary to Gruden's facile analysis, the Browns werent blitzing. The second and third string line was horrendous.

Why bother evaluating EJ when he has to run for his life on every play?

Realistically LT2 is likely Henderson. But that's not happening in preseason

That said, I think EJ is #3 still based on the fact he still misses too many. But he's clearly got better.

I swear it is almost as if EJ is wearing a sign out there that says "Please blitz me. I want to fold under pressure. It's what I do. Maybe I'll give you a sack or even a sack fumble. How bout it?"

Pettine knows exactly how to beat EJ, and my guess is that the rest of the league is getting very wise to it also.

Why don't we have a backup LT? We put that scrub johnson at LT and he was blown by every play.

Contrary to Gruden's facile analysis, the Browns werent blitzing. The second and third string line was horrendous.

Why bother evaluating EJ when he has to run for his life on every play?

Prey for the starting five, There is no depth whatsoever...

I swear it is almost as if EJ is wearing a sign out there that says "Please blitz me. I want to fold under pressure. It's what I do. Maybe I'll give you a sack or even a sack fumble. How bout it?"

Pettine knows exactly how to beat EJ, and my guess is that the rest of the league is getting very wise to it also.

And yet he escaped a lot, had no running game whatsoever, and was 9-14 for 111 yards and a TD and a 2 pt conversion to win the game, and another good pass dropped in the endzone.

And yet he escaped a lot, had no running game whatsoever, and was 9-14 for 111 yards and a TD and a 2 pt conversion to win the game, and another good pass dropped in the endzone.

At this point there are very few open minds left on this board. People are going to see what they want to see...

I think its clearly TT's job to lose. With that said, I think its a safe idea for the Bills to go into the regular season with all 3 QB's on the team. With Tyrods style of play, it is more likely than not that he will be injured at some point and one of the other two will have to step up. I still would prefer EJ starting over Cassel, who offers absolutely no upside or excitement with his play. Keep Cassel as permanent #2 and let him come off the bench in the middle of a game. Let EJ be #3 who gets elevated to #1 for the next weeks opponent so they can gameplan with him.

Pettine knows exactly how to beat EJ, yet failed. Weird.

I would take EJ any day over TT or MC, he can do what they can't. He has been dealt the worst cards in the history of the NFL. The play calling to run for the first 2 downs then expect him to make a first down was ridiculous. Finally in the 4th they gave him some opportunities to succeed and guess what he did.

I think you and I were watching the same game. EJ had zero weapons of note other than 88, not even sure there was a tight end out there. I missed the last drive, but from what I'm hearing he looked good. Tyrod played well but didn't get us into any scoring threats. I think ej is our starter and will lead us to the playoffs

If by "escaped a lot" you mean he avoided getting sacked yet failed to turn it into a positive play then I guess I agree with you. That is my beef with the guy. If you step up into the pocket to avoid a sack, how about completing a pass or tucking the ball and running for positive progress. That rarely happens with EJ, very rarely. In this game, when they got any pressure on him, he crumbled.

He just isn't good enough to be a starter in this league. I am happy keeping the guy as a backup, but in my opinion, he is not even close to being starting caliber. I thought Johnny football made EJ look embarassingly behind schedule in terms of developing into a starting quarterback. And I don't think Johnny Football is particularly good.

IMHO? Nothing I've seen or heard tells me they want EJ anywhere near a football opening day.

Yet in still when they played the games that mattered EJ performed the best this preseason

Funny especially considering that Rex Ryan put up with Geno garbage for 2 years plus EJ best game was waxing the JETS when his starting WR's were TJ Graham and Marquise Goodwin.

Edited by Protocal69

Another thing about EJ. He did make one terrible play on third down when he got sacked and fumbled although we recovered. But he threw that TD which was a great pass, he threw a pass that was flat dropped in the endzone that should have been a TD, and he threw an absolutely perfect pass in the endzone on the same drive to Davis that had the double penalty on. That was a gorgeous pass in the endzone.

The fact is EJ faced adversity and overcame it. He found open receivers and delivered the ball, whether they caught it or not. His pocket presence has greatly improved from the last two seasons and he looked like he could control the offense.

Sure the young man needs to be tested with the first string again. Hopefully next game he will have that opportunity.

I do recall Doug Whaley acknowledging that EJ needs to step up this year because it's his third year. I think the GM believes in him and I think the team does too. To me he is a Buffalo Bill

Another thing about EJ. He did make one terrible play on third down when he got sacked and fumbled although we recovered. But he threw that TD which was a great pass, he threw a pass that was flat dropped in the endzone that should have been a TD, and he threw an absolutely perfect pass in the endzone on the same drive to Davis that had the double penalty on. That was a gorgeous pass in the endzone.

That corner pass was perfect. It's the type of throw we've seen him miss consistently in the past. Anybody saying he's not getting better isn't paying attention.