Preseason Game 2: 8/20 - Bills @ Browns at 8 PM ET on ESPN

the 3rd QTR by O line was bad. Allowing Cleveland easy access to the QB and stuffing eliminating the run.

We all know Vic C can be brutally honest and critical of the Bills QB's.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/08/20/bills-beat-browns-as-manuel-leads-game-winning-drive/

Manuel, who completed nine of 14 passes for 111 yards and a touchdown for a passer rating of 112.5, merits credit for his heroics, but they will be tempered by the fact he was facing the Browns’ backup defensive players, few of whom will make their final roster. On the other hand, Taylor definitely gave Rex Ryan, offensive coordinator Greg Roman, and quarterbacks coach David Lee a few more reasons to believe he might very well be the choice over Cassel.

Taylor did a solid job moving the offense with both his passing arm and his exceptionally fast feet, but only managed to guide the Bills to a field goal. Before EJ Manuel took over in the third quarter, Taylor completed seven of 10 passes for 65 yards for a passer rating of 87.5.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lesser men would've wilted under all the scrutiny that he's faced.

100% right. The way that kid just keeps his counsel, stays professional doesn't blame anyone else and gets on with his job with everything that has been thrown at him is mightily impressive.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/08/21/ej-manuel-stays-cool-under-pressure-leads-the-comeback/

By Tyler Dunne

Right when it appears EJ Manuel will fade quietly into the night, he leads a comeback win.

Right when Manuel is set to follow JP Losman’s lead into Buffalo Bills quarterback infamy, he at least made coaches pause in a 11-10 win over the Cleveland Browns Thursday night.

Manuel led a 12-play, 86-yard game-winning drive, capped by a 14-yard touchdown strike to rookie Andre Davis. He then rolled out and hit Bronson Hill for the winning two-point play. It was the sort of drive the Bills have seen sporadically in his two-plus years and keeps the flame flickering on his career in Buffalo.

Amid this turbulent summer, Manuel let his emotions loose after the drive. Running back to the sideline, he ripped off his helmet in jubilation and then brought an index finger to his mouth to motion “Shh…”

“EJ’s a real calm guy, a real cool guy,” Davis said. “He doesn’t let too many things get to him. He’s not going to let what people say get to him. He’s going to go out and do what he needs to do.”

Davis added that Manuel has zero reaction to any criticism in the locker room, in the dorm, wherever.

“And that’s what I love about him," he said. "He’s a great guy with a great attitude, regardless of fans coming at him. He’s just a great calm guy and that’s what I love about him as a quarterback.

“I definitely think EJ could be a quarterback in this league.”

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/08/20/fourth-quarter-analysis-duke-williams-has-quarter-to-forget-ej-manuel-leads-winning-drive/

By Jay Skurski

Winning drive: Give it up for EJ Manuel. The former first-round draft pick has been relegated to playing with the third team in practice, but Manuel gave the Bills all they could ask for Thursday in the fourth quarter.

where's Joe B's commentary?

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/08/21/ej-manuel-stays-cool-under-pressure-leads-the-comeback/

By Tyler Dunne

Right when it appears EJ Manuel will fade quietly into the night, he leads a comeback win.

Right when Manuel is set to follow JP Losman’s lead into Buffalo Bills quarterback infamy, he at least made coaches pause in a 11-10 win over the Cleveland Browns Thursday night.

Manuel led a 12-play, 86-yard game-winning drive, capped by a 14-yard touchdown strike to rookie Andre Davis. He then rolled out and hit Bronson Hill for the winning two-point play. It was the sort of drive the Bills have seen sporadically in his two-plus years and keeps the flame flickering on his career in Buffalo.

Amid this turbulent summer, Manuel let his emotions loose after the drive. Running back to the sideline, he ripped off his helmet in jubilation and then brought an index finger to his mouth to motion “Shh…”

“EJ’s a real calm guy, a real cool guy,” Davis said. “He doesn’t let too many things get to him. He’s not going to let what people say get to him. He’s going to go out and do what he needs to do.”

Davis added that Manuel has zero reaction to any criticism in the locker room, in the dorm, wherever.

“And that’s what I love about him," he said. "He’s a great guy with a great attitude, regardless of fans coming at him. He’s just a great calm guy and that’s what I love about him as a quarterback.

“I definitely think EJ could be a quarterback in this league.”

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/08/20/fourth-quarter-analysis-duke-williams-has-quarter-to-forget-ej-manuel-leads-winning-drive/

By Jay Skurski

Winning drive: Give it up for EJ Manuel. The former first-round draft pick has been relegated to playing with the third team in practice, but Manuel gave the Bills all they could ask for Thursday in the fourth quarter.

where's Joe B's commentary?

@JoeBuscaglia

Where does the QB competition go from here? That, and six other observations from tonight's game: http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/joe-b-observations-bills-11-browns-10

What is biased about "which QB do you think will start" or "how confident are you that EJ can become a franchise guy?"

Well you asked if he's gonna become a franchise quarterback this year, at a time when he was clearly third in the competition. I kinda thought to myself 'Is this really necessary Kirby? Obviously he's not becoming a franchise QB if he's not playing.' :P

What I love is that through 2 games all 6 QB shifts have been pretty good. That speaks well of Roman and his staff.

I can't wait to see the system Roman has cooked up for Tyrod.

Well you asked if he's gonna become a franchise quarterback this year, at a time when he was clearly third in the competition. I kinda thought to myself 'Is this really necessary Kirby? Obviously he's not becoming a franchise QB if he's not playing.' :P

I wanted to put a timeframe on it because if he isn't starting this year they aren't going into next year with him as the starter (or any of these guys). These guys have 2015 to prove that they are franchise QBs (at least in a Bills uniform). Cassel is kind of the exception as he is a known quantity. He's a steady vet that will remain on an NFL roster but will always be someone's "plan b."

I wanted to put a timeframe on it because if he isn't starting this year they aren't going into next year with him as the starter (or any of these guys). These guys have 2015 to prove that they are franchise QBs (at least in a Bills uniform). Cassel is kind of the exception as he is a known quantity. He's a steady vet that will remain on an NFL roster but will always be someone's "plan b."

Fair enough that all seems accurate, I just thought it seemed redundant with EJ not looking like the starter.

Fair enough that all seems accurate, I just thought it seemed redundant with EJ not looking like the starter.

It wasn't meant to be and I apologize if it came off that way. As I said, I think that this year is the ONLY chance that EJ & Tyrod will get to try to become the Bills franchise QB. If their play isn't good the Bills will be taking a QB in the 1st again next year to "be the guy."

I don't see Gray or Gragg making it, we might pick someone off the waiver wire. I could see us going after Astante Cleveland assuming he doesn't stick with New England who just traded for him.

Gragg was the only teammate EJ had out there - the rest of the skill guys he had were junk.

All the bad throws are the fans' fault for running Fitzpatrick out of town, am I right?

You didn't answer my question, clown. Quick, change the topic before someone brings up your slavish devotion to Johnny Football! :lol: Edited by PromoTheRobot

It wasn't meant to be and I apologize if it came off that way. As I said, I think that this year is the ONLY chance that EJ & Tyrod will get to try to become the Bills franchise QB. If their play isn't good the Bills will be taking a QB in the 1st again next year to "be the guy."

All good sir you may be right about that. In the case of a disappointing 2015 it's gonna be difficult to become an entrenched franchise guy in 2016 with a handpicked 1st rounder waiting in the wings.

All good sir you may be right about that. In the case of a disappointing 2015 it's gonna be difficult to become an entrenched franchise guy in 2016 with a handpicked 1st rounder waiting in the wings.

This whole "franchise QB" thing has become ludicrous. Everyone thinks franchise QBs descend from heaven on a cloud. Meanwhile you look past players who could develop into decent QBs because we keep looking for the tiniest flaws.

I really like Davis. I hope he gets a fair shake for a roster spot

On the topic of our deep WR corps. I agree Davis has a chance to make team, Thompson also looks really good. Lewis looks to be danger. I guess Whaley took notes on WR evaluation while in Pittsburgh.

On the topic of our deep WR corps. I agree Davis has a chance to make team, Thompson also looks really good. Lewis looks to be danger. I guess Whaley took notes on WR evaluation while in Pittsburgh.

While it's likely unpopular here, My WR picks are Watkins, Woods, Harvin, Thompson, Davis, and Easley/Thigpen

While it's likely unpopular here, My WR picks are Watkins, Woods, Harvin, Thompson, Davis, and Easley/Thigpen

I honestly don't even wanna think about it. I think Hogan and Goodwin are both good. I don't think Thigpen can be kept because he doesn't bring much as WR and we have plenty of return men.

I really like Davis. I hope he gets a fair shake for a roster spot

Depending on the severity of the injury to Hogan, his chances could be better. Thompson still looks to be ahead of him. Goodwin actually ran some good routes last night. Pair that with his deep ball ability, I don't see him not making the team

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall