EJ 4-8 with two drops and one scramble and bad throw

Jmsbills

i watched the entire game. Simms looked more natural in his mop up stint compared to EJ. Unlike you, I'm not wowed by the one in ten play.

Speaking of Qb evaluations , How's your boy Cam looking. Is he headed to the Hall of fame yet.

Yes Cam is all world. You will see that when he doesn't have walk on CFL guys on the OL like last season.

One in 10 plays JP Losman ? Please knock it off. EJ made the right read and throw all night. If you weren't a card carrying member of the EJ hater club you would have seen this on your TV set. I have hd at my house if you wanna come over.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an odd way to insult someone. You are passive aggressively asking if a great QB is great. I don't understand?

About two seasons ago, Ryan declared that Cam would be in the Hall of Fame. It was a bit premature . Cam can put up some good stats but Hall of Famer he is not at this point,

About two seasons ago, Ryan declared that Cam would be in the Hall of Fame. It was a bit premature . Cam can put up some good stats but Hall of Famer he is not at this point,

No, he isn't a HOF player at this point but if he plays 10 more years at this rate he might be. Thanks for the clarification.

i watched the entire game. Simms looked more natural in his mop up stint compared to EJ. Unlike you, I'm not wowed by the one in ten play.

Speaking of Qb evaluations , How's your boy Cam looking. Is he headed to the Hall of fame yet.

I'll admit, Simms looked pretty natural going 0-3!! He's a keeper.

The more I think about the game, the more I think EJ looked the best balanced of the three. He threw mostly as accurate as Cassel, he moved around in the pocket/escaped the rush like Tyrod, and he threw a beautiful deep ball, all while looking like he has the most command of the offense calling out multiple adjustments and audibles.

#campej

That all being said... all three looked like they could help us win football games, as long as we have our starting offensive line out there, and our starting defense. (Stop getting injured, defense!)

Your observations are not credible. You're not looking good with this kind of foolishness.

Saw good things from all 3.

The only alarming thing about Cassel is that the ball seems to travel in the air for a LONG time before reaching the target.

I Think if Taylor can throw the ball accurately at all he should be the starter; he just has the ability to make things happen that the other 2 don't.

Very happy with EJ's performance. Looked calm and accurate. He needs to play like that for two more games to stay in the mix, but it's a start.

So I'm stuck in Mississippi and didn't get to watch, I did listen on the WGR app but coming here it would appear this is where we stand

Taylor- played well but won't last because running QB's never survive

Cassel- safe throws,non risk taker

EJ- can't throw on the run, is doomed and should be cut.

Did I miss anything?

Saw good things from all 3.

The only alarming thing about Cassel is that the ball seems to travel in the air for a LONG time before reaching the target.

I Think if Taylor can throw the ball accurately at all he should be the starter; he just has the ability to make things happen that the other 2 don't.

Very happy with EJ's performance. Looked calm and accurate. He needs to play like that for two more games to stay in the mix, but it's a start.

Let's see at least one of them back last night up with good performances in practices and Thursday's game against the Browns. Someone please emerge!

If he is going to sit this year how could they possibly be confident enough in him next year to not draft a guy? He either has it or he doesn't but you can't wait 4 years to find out. If EJ isn't the guy this year he won't be next year.

All 3 guys were good vs. Carolina.

If Taylor starts and has a good season, they might forgo drafting a QB in the 1st next year, especially if they're in QB purgatory and can't get one of the top-rated guys. I just see no need to cut EJ since he's already paid-for, we don't know about Taylor's durability and Cassel has had issues, and the 53rd guy who would replace him isn't as potentially valuable.

If Taylor starts and has a good season, they might forgo drafting a QB in the 1st next year, especially if they're in QB purgatory and can't get one of the top-rated guys. I just see no need to cut EJ since he's already paid-for, we don't know about Taylor's durability and Cassel has had issues, and the 53rd guy who would replace him isn't as potentially valuable.

I agree with all of that. I read the conversation earlier as you implying "even if he is the #3 guy this year they may not need to draft a QB because he still get be the guy." I apologize if I misunderstood.

All three guys will get a good look over the next two games. I suspect Cassell starts week 2 and then they give Tyrod week 2 meaningful snaps, EJ continues mop up. Week 3 they give the start to EJ and the second have to TT.

TT the announced starter next week but who is #2. Unless Rex is completely throwing convention to the wind the third pre season game is when the starters get their 3 quarters of play in and they rest them in the last game. So, one would assume the decision would be made before the third game and whoever starts that game is the presumptive starter. Do they play 2 or 3 of them with the starters in the third game, giving each of them a quarter?

I agree with all of that. I read the conversation earlier as you implying "even if he is the #3 guy this year they may not need to draft a QB because he still get be the guy." I apologize if I misunderstood.

No problem as it might not have been clear on my part. I'm just hoping that either EJ or TT makes drafting a QB unnecessary.

Exactly as I witnessed it as well.

EJ cannot run to his left and make that bad throw to O'Leary; he should have kept running instead.

TT is exciting and can make plays with his legs. But he bails if his first guy isn't there and takes off. He can make plays but he can't make a living as an NFL quarterback if he won't stay in the pocket.

I love our defense. Darby will continue to get a babtism under fire, but positionally, he was where he needed to be and it took perfect passes and a physical mismatch to beat him.

Karlos Williams was a revelation. He is hard to play against.

GO BILLS!!!

There was a TT play where he dropped back with two wideouts at the top of the screen, he was staring down the middle of the field(didn't see anyone running a crossing route but hard to tell w/o all 22 view) and then he much to quickly throws a dumpoff to the right. I like TT but he is not a passer yet, if only in his own mind. I think we could win a bunch with him but am afraid it will be the one hit he doesn't see that will end his season.

Kolb was never going to start over EJ.

EJ has had more than half of his career to sit and learn...

Last year I'll give you. Watching Thad Lewis from the bench is like learning Transmission rebuilds from Martha Stewart.

Based on what I saw last night, I'd extrapolate to these:

1) Cassel performance is what teams do that can't run the ball. A limited, short passing game run by an immobile QB will eventually stiffle the run game. He would eventually have to show some down the field playmaking to make this offense to work. He may be short term low-risk but he offers little longterm reward at the position. Please, please please Rex. Now's the time to let a bold action match your bold talk.

2) Tyrod is intriging. He is definitely worth some situational package plays at the very least. I had always thought of him as Mike Vick-light. I know the Madden and fantasy football playing crowd still thinks highly of him by I never thought he was going to take his teams anywhere. The turnovers, the run at any sign of trouble instinct, poor downfield field passing game doesn't beat good teams. An unaware and indecisive QB that takes big hits is the ticket to offensive failure. Maybe Tyrod can be better. More aware and decisive like Wilson/Flutie.

3) I like how EJ just keeps working when all around him seems to be against him. Three leg injuries and no experienced, dedicated QB coach his rookie year, a deteriorating, unsettled o-line in his second year and a HC looking for a reason to give up on him as he headed into the Houston game.

JJ Watt, 18 QB hits (with only 2 sacks taken) 5 WR drops and a disastrous pick 6 and a sub 10 tQBR were waiting for him there. Still he had the Bills driving to take the lead at the end of the game and may have done so if not for a gutless PI no call. Guy takes a bunch of crap and his response is to keep working to get better. He looked pretty good last night from section 328. Rex said 2 drops but I saw a third to Goodwin that looked like it was a laser shot to Goodwin's hands on the sideline. He constantly found the open guy, avoided pressure and delivered accurately. All his work might be paying off.

Option 2 or 3 Rex! 2 or 3.

Edited by JESSEFEFFER