EJ 4-8 with two drops and one scramble and bad throw

Jmsbills

EJ's night in a nut shell. Two miscues by the center- not EJ's fault - he was calling an audible went the ball was snapped into his chest in third down. But not sure he will be given much of a chance with the 1st unit. I would cut Cassel and go with Tryrod and EJ the rest of the way and let them battle it out. Tryrod will not last an entire season healthy - no running QB has ever lasted in the NFL. So EJ is a better option as a #2 than Cassel. Once defenses know Cassel is " Orton" we are not winning playoff games. So let the young and cheaper guys play. If Cassel is our starter we can not resign him and our defensive free agent and Cordy Glenn. There is no real upside with Cassel. Even Simms is more mobile and can run when in trouble.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EJ's night in a nut shell. Two miscues by the center- not EJ's fault - he was calling an audible went the ball was snapped into his chest in third down. But not sure he will be given much of a chance with the 1st unit. I would cut Cassel and go with Tryrod and EJ the rest of the way and let them battle it out. Tryrod will not last an entire season healthy - no running QB has ever lasted in the NFL. So EJ is a better option as a #2 than Cassel. Once defenses know Cassel is " Orton" we are not winning playoff games. So let the young and cheaper guys play. If Cassel is our starter we can not resign him and our defensive free agent and Cordy Glenn. There is no real upside with Cassel. Even Simms is more mobile and can run when in trouble.

cassel is a pricey QB?

cassel is a pricey QB?

Pricey backup, perhaps. But unless there is some veteran backup on the block, I just can't see the Bills going into the season without him. At least I hope they don't make that mistake again.

Cassel looked fine. Tyrod looked better. EJ did not look that good to me but hit some throws including a great deep ball TD.

No reason we shouldn't go into the season with all 3. I'm came away from this game more positive about all three of our qbs.

Edited by Rex'sOffense

No running QB has ever lasted in the NFL??

Jeez...

Cassel looked fine. Tyrod looked better. EJ did not look that good to me but hit some throws including a great deep ball TD.

No reason we shouldn't go into the season with all 3. I'm came away from this game more positive about all three of our qbs.

7 on target throws with one bad. Made good decisions and good reads. Showed good mobility. What didn't look good besides the one very bad throw?

Why is everyone assuming the Bills are going to be letting one of the three QBs go? None of them are expensive and they all looked pretty good tonight.

Mostly because a few guys on WGR have been speculating that EJ will be cut since before Camp even started...

I have not heard much about Cassel or TT being cut...But the last couple days I swear a few of the talking heads on the radio were pretty much assuming EJ was done in Buffalo...

7 on target throws with one bad. Made good decisions and good reads. Showed good mobility. What didn't look good besides the one very bad throw?

The bad throw, was the result of a sack not taken, piss poor throw though but still a play with some redeeming quality from QB position.

cassel is a pricey QB?

Pricey in that he will never get us anywhere. We've had Fitzy, we've had Orton. Cassel is NOT the future. He is not even a stop gap. That is why he is pricey. He costs a shot at the future. If we keep him as the third string but I don't think that would happen.

All three QBs looked good tonight.

I didn't like Cassel throwing short to Shady on third down but he showed what we all expected.

Tyrod was unstoppable running the ball, very quick and smart to know when to go down. Could have had six had Thompson didn't drop one. Previous to the Karlos TD, I thought he could have had a TD to Gray, but opted to take off and run. Only bad thing was the offense turning it over on downs.

EJ had a fine night. Two bad throws and a beautiful TD, avoiding the rush, reseting his feet and throwing it on the money to Thompson. Two bad snaps and two drops are not his fault.

Did not look good to you? What game were you watching? The bad snaps were not his fault at all...He had one bad throw on the run after he had a beautiful escape on a sure sack...The pass to Goodwin was a dart that was catch-able...The two drops by the TE's were bad drops...The TD pass was perfect...Plus he stepped up in the pocket away from pressure on that TD throw...

I thought EJ looked fine tonight... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

Did not look good to you? What game were you watching? The bad snaps were not his fault at all...He had one bad throw on the run after he had a beautiful escape on a sure sack...The pass to Goodwin was a dart that was catch-able...The two drops by the TE's were bad drops...The TD pass was perfect...Plus he stepped up in the pocket away from pressure on that TD throw...

I thought EJ looked fine tonight... B-)

These are my thoughts exactly. Don't know what some here were watching.

Pricey in that he will never get us anywhere. We've had Fitzy, we've had Orton. Cassel is NOT the future. He is not even a stop gap. That is why he is pricey. He costs a shot at the future. If we keep him as the third string but I don't think that would happen.

On the roster today. Who is the future? Myself I don't see anyone. The Bills are far from the only team going in this season possibly with a stop gap. Which is exactly what Cassel is or at least OBD thinks.or they would not have traded for him.

All three QBs looked good tonight.

I didn't like Cassel throwing short to Shady on third down but he showed what we all expected.

Tyrod was unstoppable running the ball, very quick and smart to know when to go down. Could have had six had Thompson didn't drop one. Previous to the Karlos TD, I thought he could have had a TD to Gray, but opted to take off and run. Only bad thing was the offense turning it over on downs.

EJ had a fine night. Two bad throws and a beautiful TD, avoiding the rush, reseting his feet and throwing it on the money to Thompson. Two bad snaps and two drops are not his fault.

Can't argue with this. All 3 QB's did well. It's still just the first preseason game, but have to be happy with all 3 tonight.

I feel much better about our options at QB, all three did well and did what they do:

Cassel = Manage the game, no chances, no long throws;

Taylor = happy feet, ran all over, Mr. Excitement, a few good throws;

EJ = Looked like he was playing with the 3rd string, all but the one throw was on target, & the long TD.

The bad news, I do not see anything settled, and the battle continues