Woods/Gilmore fight

YoloinOhio

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at TC today and even having this thread is over-blowing the incident. The two were locked up blocking and woods helmet came off and he swung a little bit. 5 seconds later it was like nothing happened.

And thanks for the links Dallas :thumbsup:

so fairburn is reaching with his comments?

He's allegedly been openly campaigning against EJ since their rookie years, so.... It wouldn't be odd that he's unhappy

Can you expand on this? All I remember is him throwing his hands up in the San Diego or Houston game and a few times showing some displeasure. Just wondering what you mean, because I wouldn't call that openly campaigning against EJ.

He's allegedly been openly campaigning against EJ since their rookie years, so.... It wouldn't be odd that he's unhappy

That's interesting, is that 100% certain? I haven't heard that before and it usually seems like the draft classes tend to stick together. EJ's definitely made Woods' job a bit more difficult though over the past couple years so there's that. These Bills seem like a pretty close knit team relative to some others, but I'm sure some players dislike certain teammates and things like that.

Anyways I love Woods. Underrated player for us, plays with an edge, but usually doesn't let it boil over. Training camp scuffles always seem to happen around this week every year (ex. Eric Wood kicking Bryan Johnson's a** last year), can't wait to see these guys hit the Panthers on Friday.

Just one practice, but sounds like Cassel had a strong day today...hopefully he's starting to put it all together

Woods got ejected once for throwing a punch. I guess that's his thing. I'm fine with it.

Woods has to stay under control. You'll be fine with it right up until he hurts you with a critical 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty and/or gets ejected as a result. If he needs to fan his competitive flames, he can do it in the form of burning Gilmore on a pass route.

GO BILLS!!!

Can you expand on this? All I remember is him throwing his hands up in the San Diego or Houston game and a few times showing some displeasure. Just wondering what you mean, because I wouldn't call that openly campaigning against EJ.

He allegedly met with marrone to have EJ benched at the close of their rookie seasons - no? That story went around pretty unchallenged I believe. That story paired with his open disgust on the field to start 2014 seemed pretty telling

Edited by NoSaint

thats what I found so odd. Gilmore is like Ghandi.

No way. Gilmore is a very physical CB. He might not be loud, but he is not Ghandi. I could definitely see WRs getting frustrated with the way he pushes them around.

With that said, Im sure this "scuffle" was nothing.

No way. Gilmore is a very physical CB. He might not be loud, but he is not Ghandi. I could definitely see WRs getting frustrated with the way he pushes them around.

With that said, Im sure this "scuffle" was nothing.

hmmm true, I was thinking of his overall demeanor and lack of trash talk. You are right I'm sure he's physically punishing.

He allegedly met with marrone to have EJ benched at the close of their rookie seasons - no? That story went around pretty unchallenged I believe. That story paired with his open disgust on the field to start 2014 seemed pretty telling

Wow, somehow I completely missed that. Or I'm forgetting. The thing with the open disgust being shown by him and the other WR's could also be attributed to frustration about the offense in general, not just the QB. I mean, the team studies tape. They're not idiots, they see that the OLine was a joke last year and only a litter better the year before.

Wow, I never heard that. If that is true, if I was EJ, that would be a fight. It's also funny that EJ had one of the best games of his career starting Graham and Goodwin.

Wow, I never heard that. If that is true, if I was EJ, that would be a fight. It's also funny that EJ had one of the best games of his career starting Graham and Goodwin.

Maybe I'm off but I swear I remember it from last summer. But not even sure what to google to find it- anything with marrone or bench EJ pulls mid season articles.

Maybe I'm off but I swear I remember it from last summer. But not even sure what to google to find it- anything with marrone or bench EJ pulls mid season articles.

I don't remember hearing that, but Woods was one of the most vocal post-benching.

Link? Or are we just doing the body language eye test?

Quick google search revealed this: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000438141/article/robert-woods-ej-manuel-is-coming-along

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2014/10/02/robert-woods-on-kyle-orton-jms/

http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/13892/watkins-woods-notice-difference-with-orton

"I read the thing on the Bills app with just his stats and what he’s done in different places, he’s definitely a true quarterback and he’s played in big games.”

Edited by FireChan