Woods/Gilmore fight

YoloinOhio

I love Woods as a route runner but he has a very few yards-after-contact (he recently came up near the bottom of the league in Football Outsiders ranking of that stat). He needs to become a bit more physical - so I'm glad to see it starting in training camp.

As for Gilmore, he tends to get a bit... "handsy." I'm sure his style of play gets under the skin of opposing WRs. So, I'm also glad to see it starting in training camp.

This is fine.

What are you talking about. ROBERT WOODS IS THE MOST PHYSICAL RECEIVER OVER THE LAST 2 YEARS BAR NONE. EVERY GAME I SEE HIM RUNNING OVER CB

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With a QB that couuld hit him in stride I think he'd fare very well after the catch. It seemed to be a rare event though, so it's hard to say.

This and the patterns. He got open quite often in one on ones. Hell i was even pouting watching some of the time everyone was open and EJ did not see them and refused to make the throw.

But the Robert and Gilmore thang? its all good.

What are you talking about. ROBERT WOODS IS THE MOST PHYSICAL RECEIVER OVER THE LAST 2 YEARS BAR NONE. EVERY GAME I SEE HIM RUNNING OVER CB

Here you go - Football Outsiders has Woods ranked 50th in Yards After Catch, good for bottom ten in their rankings:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2015/yac-2014

Now that I look again, perhaps that stat doesn't really measure tackle-breaking ability. Woods may have gotten a lot of sideline routes and curls where he wasn't asked or able to extend the play. So I'm not sure. But anecdotally, I don't recall him breaking a lot of tackles.

With a QB that couuld hit him in stride I think he'd fare very well after the catch. It seemed to be a rare event though, so it's hard to say.

I agree, Besides hitting him in stride, i think almost getting him decapitated has happened at least once IIRC. having a NFL quality QB throwing to him and this kid is dangerous. The Gilmore incident is a camp thing and i would guess was laughed off in the locker room after practice. i love this kids passion.

You're all wrong. Woods hates being in Buffalo and can't stand the city. He's pissed off that he was drafted by The Bills. He hates it here. He's a locker room cancer and wants to play for Seattle or Dallas.

Let's see if the media picks up that line of (mis)reasoning. It's about as accurate as the transference they're doing by pointing back to the QB situation like deflecting blame is a solution. Everybody's got to do their job and it doesn't matter if it's a missed block, mis-read, wrong route run, alligator arms, missed blitz pickup, timing that's 1/10 second off, or the OC called a **** play against the D. It's all got to work and be in synch. It starts with everybody doing their job and being accountable for that. That's ALL that any player can do.

The Bills control their own destiny. That's more true now than when the pundits like Fairburn will get around to saying it in November and December.

Go Bills.

Edited by Nanker