Patrick Kane--sexual assault allegations--

Guffalo

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry the joke was lost on me. I find nothing to joke about when a person claims they were violently attacked and raped then seeks immediate medical attention. Maybe some think there is a joke in there somewhere, I don't.

Anyway, if what said happened... Seeking that medical attention was the right move. How is Kaner going to wiggle out of this one if the results come back damning. Can enough money buy her silence? If what she is saying is true, there is nothing to be ashamed of... Let it all fly in court. Take his money AND make sure he gets to see Mrags everyday!

Yeah... Accusation of rape is a joking matter. Bet Kane and The Family are having a hoot right about now. Can Cambria get him off? He might have to recuse himself given some of the details that are surrounding alleagtions w/his wife and the night @ SkyBar.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Sorry the joke was lost on me. I find nothing to joke about when a person claims they were violently attacked and raped then seeks immediate medical attention. Maybe some think there is a joke in there somewhere, I don't.

Anyway, if what said happened... Seeking that medical attention was the right move. How is Kaner going to wiggle out of this one if the results come back damning. Can enough money buy her silence? If what she is saying is true, there is nothing to be ashamed of... Let it all fly in court. Take his money AND make sure he gets to see Mrags everyday!

Yeah... Accusation of rape is a joking matter. Bet Kane and The Family are having a hoot right about now. Can Cambria get him off? He might have to recuse himself given some of the details that are surrounding alleagtions w/his wife and the night @ SkyBar.

No one is joking about the rape. Only your paper thin argument that somehow South Buffalo culture is to blame, when Kane hasn't lived there since he hit puberty.

No one is joking about the rape. Only your paper thin argument that somehow South Buffalo culture is to blame, when Kane hasn't lived there since he hit puberty.

Okay... Whatever, yeah, it's out of him just like when him and his cousin rolled an 60 year old cabbie. He may not have lived there long, but its in the family. Agree to disagree.

Can this latest Kane situation be as "Kennedy" as it gets? The same process that get them off of rape and murder raps will work for Kane? We will see.

He's got to know that, right? I've seen this lame thing before online - "X" is nothing to joke about. When they know that the joke isn't about that.

Okay... Whatever, yeah, it's out of him just like when him and his cousin rolled an 60 year old cabbie. He may not have lived there long, but its in the family. Agree to disagree.

Can this latest Kane situation be as "Kennedy" as it gets? The same process that get them off of rape and murder raps will work for Kane? We will see.

He's got to know that, right? I've seen this lame thing before online - "X" is nothing to joke about. When they know that the joke isn't about that.

...I've got a made up mind

I've got a made up mind

If you're thinking I might break down in time

You're gonna find

I've got a made up mind

It isn't about having a made up mind.

Only a few things actually happened here.

1. She was violently raped (oxymoron, which rape isn't violent?)

2. She is a gold-digger that made it all up.

There is nothing in between. Because if it comes out that they had sex and she says she was raped... Guess what, she was raped. It's that simple.

Again... It will be interesting to see (if we ever really do) the results of the medical examination.

What else is there to argue about? And it does to me seem like people are making light of a very, VERY serious sitiation either way with those two outcomes listed above. Heck, we don't even know if she is of age and if this complaint is statutory in nature. That my friends is down right scary (if she is NOT of age)! So many ramifications and others that would be implicated.

It isn't about having a made up mind.

Only a few things actually happened here.

1. She was violently raped (oxymoron, which rape isn't violent?)

2. She is a gold-digger that made it all up.

There is nothing in between. Because if it comes out that they had sex and she says she was raped... Guess what, she was raped. It's that simple.

Again... It will be interesting to see (if we ever really do) the results of the medical examination.

What else is there to argue about? And it does to me seem like people are making light of a very, VERY serious sitiation either way with those two outcomes listed above. Heck, we don't even know if she is of age and if this complaint is statutory in nature. That my friends is down right scary (if she is NOT of age)! So many ramifications and others that would be implicated.

It's actually not.

Edited by FireChan

It's actually not.

I knew that what get some to argue it.

Who's in control here? Of course she is. No is no, doesn't matter what stage of the game it's at. She can even claim it AFTER the fact, exspecially if she is liquored up. So, it is for the guy and the court to decide if she gave willingly? Not her? You gotta be joking again.

I am sorry that you can't accept that. Real men do find a way to accept it.

I have no idea what you're going on about

on a coherent note - either of you see the "regret is rape" incident on a college campus? girl hooked up with a guy, spent the night, told friends it was great, they became friends on social media, went out a few more times, then she saw him with someone else and was upset and a counselor on campus told her that the first night was rape because she now regretted it and the school expelled him? Crazy times we live in. hes suing the hell out of the school according the the brief articles ive seen.

on a coherent note - either of you see the "regret is rape" incident on a college campus? girl hooked up with a guy, spent the night, told friends it was great, they became friends on social media, went out a few more times, then she saw him with someone else and was upset and a counselor on campus told her that the first night was rape because she now regretted it and the school expelled him? Crazy times we live in. hes suing the hell out of the school according the the brief articles ive seen.

That is the most ridiculous, frivolous, embarrassing case I've ever seen. I cannot believe that a college or university would be so careless as to commit total and utter deformation of character to that degree.

That kid should indeed sue, and the school should be taken to the cleaners. If it were possible, I'd like to see the counselor that gave her such reprehensible advice punished as well.

Sickening.

I knew that what get some to argue it.

Who's in control here? Of course she is. No is no, doesn't matter what stage of the game it's at. She can even claim it AFTER the fact, exspecially if she is liquored up. So, it is for the guy and the court to decide if she gave willingly? Not her? You gotta be joking again.

I am sorry that you can't accept that. Real men do find a way to accept it.

She can claim anything she wants. It doesn't make it true.

That is the most ridiculous, frivolous, embarrassing case I've ever seen. I cannot believe that a college or university would be so careless as to commit total and utter deformation of character to that degree.

That kid should indeed sue, and the school should be taken to the cleaners. If it were possible, I'd like to see the counselor that gave her such reprehensible advice punished as well.

Sickening.

Even if the kid sues and gets a sizable settlement, his life is over. Just terrible.

That's insane!

I don't understand?

"...Apparently, under Murphy's formulation, the subjective impressions of those making assault claims are sacrosanct—if alleged victims say they saw an encounter as unwelcome, it was assault. But the subjective impressions of the accused (i.e., the perception that consent had been obtained and sexual activity was welcome) are so insignificant that they shouldn't even be considered. Murphy seems to literally be arguing that the accused should get no right to a defend themselves because doing so might actually work."

No more "he said, she said." Only "she said...."

That is very interesting. The 3 (the accuser, the defendant, and due process). If it all can be reduced down to: "She said, he said." Who do you believe? IMO, in our legal system, this is the only time due process can be manipulated. In a rape case, it simply has to break toward the accuser. Get that message across and maybe people will be wiser before doing the deed.

Now... In Pat Kane's case, it sounds like he was the primal violent creep. Note, I said it "sounds like." Many will shoot me for this: Pat Kane's due process is simply @ odds w/the situation as it was told. If her story holds tight and test results come back damning against Pat Kane, the case should simply break to believing her. Everything else brought in to discredit her is immaterial. There simply is NO justification for what he's done.

When will most guys understand this. When dealing w/normal people, they aren't out to get anybody unless you give them a reason.

No more "he said, she said." Only "she said...."

Yep... Then don't F!@#! And if one does and it turns to crap, you choose unwisely. The self-control ultimately lies with the male. That's his burden.

I say that as I run and duck for cover... ;-)

A new Bedenko article, ripping the Buffalo News again. I'm torn between my dislike of Bedenko, Bucky & Sully (who are always ready to tell you how great Kane his family are) and Kane - this along with EII's rants has me not knowing what I'm arguing about anymore!:

http://www.dailypublic.com/articles/08122015/buffalo-news-sports-columnists-where-are-you#.VcuBMApdlQo.twitter

http://www.niagarafallsreporter.com/Stories/2015/AUG11/kane.html

Supposedly they are talking numbers?

If he is innocent, why settle?

A new Bedenko article, ripping the Buffalo News again. I'm torn between my dislike of Bedenko, Bucky & Sully (who are always ready to tell you how great Kane his family are) and Kane - this along with EII's rants has me not knowing what I'm arguing about anymore!:

http://www.dailypublic.com/articles/08122015/buffalo-news-sports-columnists-where-are-you#.VcuBMApdlQo.twitter

"...not knowing what I'm (you) are arguing about ANYMORE!"

Newsflash, you ALWAYS don't know what you are arguing about when it comes to these moral & ethical questions.

@TheBuffaloNews: Sources: Woman allegedly raped at Patrick Kanes home was not the one who wanted to go there http://t.co/SXZigQF1cdhttp://t.co/DRW4NyVoSr

That will teach her!

~The He Man Woman Hater Club, Prez. Patrick Kane, Hamburg, New York.

Did I just crack a joke about something so serious? It was "satire."

Cambria really comes across as an idiot, arguing with Bedenko on FB.

@Deadspin http://t.co/Q5AJxAkPam

What I find ironic is that Kane is now being taken to task for hiring a designated driver? We know he's not allowed to take cabs anymore.

Edited by GG

What I find ironic is that Kane is now being taken to task for hiring a designated driver? We know he's not allowed to take cabs anymore.

But... The driver is a high ranking police officer. Nothing like having the cops in your pocket.

I know, it is perfectly legal... IMO, I think it creates a conflict. Then factor in the entitlement factor. Kane can act like a total creep... "Don't worry, I got the police in my pocket and on the payroll."

An Lt. moonlighting? Like his children are struggling getting through college. On an Lt. civil servant pay? Maybe... But, moonlight @ Walmart or some place. Again, I think it creates an ethical dilemma that needs to be addressed. He's a civil servant first, steward to all taxpayers before he is Kane's personal driver and "clout" to get him (Kane) out of jams. The Kane's did a hell of job finding the right person. The job search probably went:

1. Cab driver: Hell no!

2. Moonlighting cop: Hey, that's the ticket!

If only Teddy Kennedy had a cop to get him outta that little jam... Oh wait...

The egregious mixing of public & private... That's what people take umbrage with.

But... The driver is a high ranking police officer. Nothing like having the cops in your pocket.

I know, it is perfectly legal... IMO, I think it creates a conflict. Then factor in the entitlement factor. Kane can act like a total creep... "Don't worry, I got the police in my pocket and on the payroll."

An Lt. moonlighting? Like his children are struggling getting through college. On an Lt. civil servant pay? Maybe... But, moonlight @ Walmart or some place. Again, I think it creates an ethical dilemma that needs to be addressed. He's a civil servant first, steward to all taxpayers before he is Kane's personal driver and "clout" to get him (Kane) out of jams. The Kane's did a hell of job finding the right person. The job search probably went:

1. Cab driver: Hell no!

2. Moonlighting cop: Hey, that's the ticket!

If only Teddy Kennedy had a cop to get him outta that little jam... Oh wait...

The egregious mixing of public & private... That's what people take umbrage with.

Yawn. Using a cop for a driver/security is no different than a bar using them as bouncers...

Man this does not look good for him

CBF

That's all I am ranting about. It's terrible. He can't keep his alleged d**k in his pants... Then allegedly he goes for the one he can't have, slut shame... WTF.

It's hard rooting for him, because then the lady is lying AND sought medical help ASAP. What does that do to legit victims out there that get shamed by their accused? :-( :-(

It's hard rooting for her, because then Kane becomes Mercury Morris, Rae Carruth, or Mike Tyson.

This is so tragic, it is sickeningly sad.

I am not really sure how it will play out. ?? What a waste of a human being for putting himself into this situation because he can't control his ALLEGED hormones. 26 year old hormones too boot... Go figure. The burden is clearly on him. Agree to disagree if some must.

Then on top of it, he sets himself up as punk a few months earlier @ The Cup rally when he takes umbrage to Pat Foley saying: "You grew up before our eyes." Kane is like: "Watch what I can do""

What a jerk!