Astro-Notes 4: Wednesday 8-5-15

Astrobot

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am increasingly. Even if it's only "meh" his run game and long ball make him interesting.

Yep. Man I can't wait to see him in some games. Frankly I think he'll be 3rd in the pecking order for the first preseason game, so Rex can drop one of the other two way down and make it a two-man race between tyrod and EJ/Cassel the rest of the way.

This is based on nothing in particular. I love my own outrageous speculation. I ought to post it more often haha.

If anyone is willing, or even able, to find something about TT when he was in camp in Baltimore would be interesting to read.

My biggest concern with his is he ends up being a camp star but shots himself on the field. We know nothing about him really so that's why I'm concerned. Either way, I'll take him over meh any day.

Sal said this is where he has struggled. And you need to be able to hit the short and intermediate throws to have a chance to win.

Very true. Bummed to hear he's struggled there, wonder what Astro has to say about it.

Edited by NickelCity

Ranks, Rastro!

In general, can you give your perception on how "comfortable" EJ looks out there? I know this isn't a perfect science.

EJ looks comfortable. All three seem confident, in charge of the huddle, etc.

Astro, thank you, I was about to send out an APB.

The report was delayed as we had the exterminator over for tea.

Shoes?

Okay, I laughed out loud! He's not that bad. He'll get mop-up duty against the 3's of Carolina, I'll bet, and we'll anoint him starter in post game comments.

EJ looks comfortable. All three seem confident, in charge of the huddle, etc.

The report was delayed as we had the exterminator over for tea.

Okay, I laughed out loud! He's not that bad. He'll get mop-up duty against the 3's of Carolina, I'll bet, and we'll anoint him starter in post game comments.

Astro,

Honest question. Do you see improvement from EJ Manuel over last year?

Hmm, thanks.

At this point what are your impressions of Tyrod? From the outside it seems like he's never the worst or the best, but tends to light things up with big plays.

This is a very accurate assessment. Safe choice=Cassel, Big plays=Tyrod

I'm actually less and less worried about the scrambling as time goes on. The O-line so far seems far and away better at run blocking that pass protection. If scrambling forces 8 or 9 men into the box I'll feel a lot better.

The Guard play (Incognito AND Miller) is extremely good. The left side of the OL is very, very good. RT (both Seantrel and Kujo) is average.

Tyrod is showing that he can be a pocket passer. He scrambled maybe three times today, and that's enough to keep the box stacked and Sammy-Woods-Harvin-Clay happy.

Astro,

Honest question. Do you see improvement from EJ Manuel over last year?

Not a significant change. I wanted to see it, but am not.

The Guard play (Incognito AND Miller) is extremely good. The left side of the OL is very, very good. RT (both Seantrel and Kujo) is average.

Tyrod is showing that he can be a pocket passer. He scrambled maybe three times today, and that's enough to keep the box stacked and Sammy-Woods-Harvin-Clay happy.

Nice.

I hope you're right.

one of the reporters listed Glenn as the day's mvp. Apparently contained Hughes 1:1 all day. Great to hear IMO.

Good to hear. We've seen 2-3 years of minimizing the importance of guard play.

Right now I'm hearing the same thing in Philly (cut Harremans and Mathis, the two starters) and people are going on about how since they have tackles things will be fine. I'm trying not to laugh.

My worry about Tyrod would be that he would be just a running QB. That he has any chops at all as a pocket QB is heartening.

Thanks Astro...I was hoping for that too.....:(

The answer is EJ might just be who he is.....and that might not be what Rex and Roman want to see. I was hoping for a jump.

Great news on the Line.

Thanks Astro

one of the reporters listed Glenn as the day's mvp. Apparently contained Hughes 1:1 all day. Great to hear IMO.

If he returns to the form he was in a couple years ago they better find a way to resign him