Will the Patriots beat the Bills without Brady?

Is it safe to assume the Patriots will start 2-2 without Brady?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Patriots start the season 2-2 without Brady and beat the Bills?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still too early to make an intelligent prediction (game result predictions without preseason injury results' revelations about who actually took the off-season off, and practice hints game result prediction are woefully uninformed at this point.

However, its the nFL and the internet so I vote the Bills drill the Pats.

In regard to a Brady suspension, game 2 is perfect for the Bills. The tape of Game 1 has far more value to the Bills than it does for the Pats in virtually every case. Belicheat genius or not will have to reveal a lot about the way Garapolo (sp?) is going to run the Pats O built for Brady.m Blicheatgets to trick the opponent in game 1 with anew O designed for his #2 QB. However, games 2-4 simply have to be about perfecting how even a vet team like the Pats runs their new O. On the other hand the Bills D will also be a new design, but essentially the same players

Particularly since a likely strength for the Bills is going to be QB pressure from a team returning 3 Pro Bowlers on DL .and a 4th guy with 2 consecutive 10 sack seasons. Its goona be hard for the Bills but beyond hard for the "new" Pats sans Brady.

Rex, last season with the horrific NYETS, lost the 2 games w/Brady** by a total of 3 points.so

again I say YES

When Brady sues, it will take a year or more in the courts to resolve the issue. It took that long a few years back with a couple of the Vikes D linemen in a similar circumstance...that is fighting a suspension in court....so, it is LIKELY Brady will be under center when the Pats visit the Bills week 2, imho.

TV analysts are saying the court could make a decision halfway through the season and if upheld the 4 games suspension could happen in Dec and maybe Jan.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Biggest mistake the team can make is underestimating what they have left without Brady.

Any Given Sunday is a cliche but it's true. No chance in hell that a Belichick team just rolls over for us.

I do fancy our chances against them in Week 2 but it's not likely to be a walkover.

Here's my "what if" scenario. What if the Patriots go 4-0 and the Patriots are playing lights out football with Garoppolo. Could they trade Tom Brady in order to recoup the draft picks they lost?

i don't think they can actually recoup the 1st Rd pick, if they did they would still need to forfeit it. They aren't allowed to draft in the 1st rd. I believe I read that somewhere. A second round pick, is possible.

the good thing 1 week won't be enough for the "genius" to plan for the Bills D.

Stephen A Smith predicts the Bills hammering of the Cheatriots and hopes Jimmy Garappolo can walk out of the game on his own 2 feet

loose quote

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

What's really great is that the Bills will have played one game in the Rex Ryan defense that the Pats will have on film. And that is all Belicheat and Garrapolo will have to study. And while The Devil Wears Hoodie will know that the Bills are not going to play the same defense the second week, Garropolo will be shellshocked because he has never seen any defense like this in his life. Not the players especially but where the pressure is coming from and the formations. He's going to be rattled early.