Brady 4 game suspension upheld; Will go to court

After reading the column, and then the comments section, I have to wonder: if Brady and all his wins were as a Bills QB, would Bills fans be screaming about a witch hunt and how the NFL was just trying to go after our team and QB? Especially if the team accepted its lost picks and paid its fines?

I'd like to think most of us would be rational enough to accept that our QB and team cheated.

But I'm probably wrong about that.

I've wondered the same thing.

I think the best I could muster would be to shrug whenever someone tells me my four super bowl rings were tarnished and think, sure, but i had !@#$ing blast watching my team win all those games.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading the column, and then the comments section, I have to wonder: if Brady and all his wins were as a Bills QB, would Bills fans be screaming about a witch hunt and how the NFL was just trying to go after our team and QB? Especially if the team accepted its lost picks and paid its fines?

I'd like to think most of us would be rational enough to accept that our QB and team cheated.

I think you're wrong about that too. I strongly believe that this board would be pretty damn similar to the various Pats boards now. Here's why: the Pats are damn good, and this likely had no bearing on game outcomes. And we as fans would be subjected to the hatred of the millions, crying and whining about how the Pats' dominance should be asterisked. It's a natural instinct to react defensively to this sort of thing. Plus there is another easy way to rationalize it too -- just compare yourself to an old Raider fan. The Raiders did worse in their heyday, and it only made them more lovable.

Edited by dave mcbride

shouldn't he hope that the truth would exonerate him?

So Kraft is admitting that he agreed to the fine as a way to try to influence Goodell. Unreal.

It's really incredible, isn't it?

He's truly the biggest scumbag of them all.

I wonder if all three young women that Kraft, Belichick and Brady took when the left their previous already used ones, sit around and B word that all of our innocent wonderful guys have been wronged.

Well look at how many of us, at least at first, reacted to the Kromer incident (myself included). The difference being that as we find out more, we change our mind.

PS - out of all of this, I keep going back to my strong liking of the Raiders in their heyday. They did worse, but they didn't pretend to be noble. They weren't sanctimonious. Thurston J. Kraft reeks of santimony and is in fact cringe-inducing, and Brady tries to come across as Mr. Perfect too. No Kenny Stabler is he. That said, and I know I'll get pilloried for this, I don't feel that way about Belichick. He's a great coach, and he's never been sanctimonious. He seems to revel in his villainy, which is fine with me. I kinda admire him.

I'm not so sure about that. The one truth about the deflated balls is that they reduce fumbles and incomplete passes...two things that have a huge bearing on the outcome of games.

I don't know about that either, but I kinda doubt it. I also believe that other elite QBs like Manning do this. Check that: I *know* that other teams do it (Vikings, Chargers, and probably more).

PS - out of all of this, I keep going back to my strong liking of the Raiders in their heyday. They did worse, but they didn't pretend to be noble. They weren't sanctimonious. Thurston J. Kraft reeks of santimony and is in fact cringe-inducing, and Brady tries to come across as Mr. Perfect too. No Kenny Stabler is he. That said, and I know I'll get pilloried for this, I don't feel that way about Belichick. He's a great coach, and he's never been sanctimonious. He seems to revel in his villainy, which is fine with me. I kinda admire him.

No pillory from me.

Here is the transcript of what Kraft said. He's such an ass, and disingenuous creep and scumbag, but his admission is just an incredible thing to say. That I accepted losing a number one and four pick, and a million dollar fine, and said it was for the good of the league, just to exonerate Brady, but they didn't exonerate him when I thought they would.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

I was thinking about that too, my best guess is we'd be 50-50.

It really is amazing that the guy would do something so silly as to destroy his phone. The conflict between Goodell's ruling (which states that Brady claimed it to be a regular practice) and Brady's FB post (which claims the phone was broken and needed to be replaced) presents quite the he-said/she-said.

Except that it's not a he said/she said. Brady made the claim about it being a regular practice during his sworn testimony at his appeal hearing in a room full of 40 people. It's a he said/he said and Brady said both. Which is more believable?

GO BILLS!!!

I was watching Fox Business, (not indicative of my political beliefs, it is just less annoying than CNBC). Former judge Andrew Napolitano said there is no basis for a Federal Court Appeal. Brady would have to prove corruption or an egregious misinterpretation of facts, "like 2+2=22".

Edited by chris heff