Tired of Deflategate

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know what happens to Brady's suspension if the case goes to Federal court?

depends on the judge. bounty gate saw the nfl try to enforce the suspensions but the judge granting relief pending the outcome of the case as missing games would be irreparable harm to the player.

Edited by NoSaint

@AdamSchefter: During today's appeal, Tom Brady is testifying under oath, per source.

Does that make any sense? He can't be testifying under oath, outside of promising to tell the truth with zero consequences if he doesn't. It's not like there could be a perjury charge. And they said they cannot increase his penalty. What oath?

Does that make any sense? He can't be testifying under oath, outside of promising to tell the truth with zero consequences if he doesn't. It's not like there could be a perjury charge. And they said they cannot increase his penalty. What oath?

Sal Pal just said the same thing on espn radio (that he is testifying under oath right now)- interesting

It means he can lie and cheat and get away with it. What a...surprise...

It was the Patriots** Oath: deny, deny, deny -- and, when faced with irrefutable evidence, say it "wasn't that bad anyway."

They also said that brady won't accept anything less than total vindication so they think he will go to trial even if th suspension is reduced. If that's the case I don't know what motivation Goodell has to reduce it to 2. If he's going to trial anyway and Goodell is not going to erase the suspension, he will just keep it at 4.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I'm curious if they are making him testify under oath to be able to use it as evidence if/when the case goes to federal court.

He swore his allegiance to The Patriot Way.

if you are being deposed say in an attorneys office. And the other sides lawyers are there. You are sworn in. personally, it has happened to me three times. Concerning copyrights. IIRC no judge need be present. I bet this is the case in Goodels conference room?

They also said that brady won't accept anything less than total vindication so they think he will go to trial even if th suspension is reduced. If that's the case I don't know what motivation Goodell has to reduce it to 2. If he's going to trial anyway and Goodell is not going to erase the suspension, he will just keep it at 4.

I believe Brady*'s people had to put it out there that he will fight to the mat just for any possible leverage they may gain. I'd be floored if any of this makes it into a "real" courtroom.

if you are being deposed say in an attorneys office. And the other sides lawyers are there. You are sworn in. personally, it has happened to me three times. Concerning copyrights. IIRC no judge need be present. I bet this is the case in Goodels conference room?

But your testimony was involving a lawsuit, no? No lawsuit here. It's a private league matter.

He swore his allegiance to The Patriot Way.

That goes without saying. Patriots on the practice squad holding receipt #54 at Dunkin Donuts say "Not me." when the barista says "54?!"

That could be but that is still a legal procedure over laws that may or may not have been broken. There are no laws here.

I believe Brady*'s people had to put it out there that he will fight to the mat just for any possible leverage they may gain. I'd be floored if any of this makes it into a "real" courtroom.

But your testimony was involving a lawsuit, no? No lawsuit here. It's a private league matter.

I would guess there needs to be some legal consequences if either side is BS'ing. That could lead to legal action. Didn't Brady at one time say something to the effect he would sue? i think both sides are cya. If I was Brady** knowing what we think we know. i would not agree to this.

I would guess there needs to be some legal consequences if either side is BS'ing. That could lead to legal action. Didn't Brady at one time say something to the effect he would sue? i think both sides are cya. If I was Brady** knowing what we think we know. i would not agree to this.

I sincerely doubt that Brady would actually go to court unless it was something about the procedure as to how he was suspended which would never be him having to take the stand and explain what happened as well as Needledee and Needledumb having to take the stand in court. I don't think there is any chance that happens.

Of course he and his team will threaten to. They just won't ever do it. He would be in WAY more trouble if he goes to court.

He's not going to court.. I read the report, one can argue whether the balls we deflated by the "weather" or not, but as to whether the preponderance of the evidence says Brady knew.. Sorry TFB, you're guilty as hell, and he knows it.

Tim-