Article on Ty Powell

Hope Rex is right about this guy. ILB depth is poor if he or someone else doesn't step up

He was here before Rex...Whaley signed him last year.

Edit - oh you mean you hope he is right about him as in he really liked him in OTAs. Yes, me too. Will be watching him in TC.

Edited by YoloinOhio

He was here before Rex...Whaley signed him last year.

Edit - oh you mean you hope he is right about him as in he really liked him in OTAs. Yes, me too. Will be watching him in TC.

Yes I was referring to Rex talking him up this spring. There is a whole lot of unproven players backing up the two inside backer positions. Edited by FluffHead

I read this article a few minutes ago and all I could think was, DAMN, this defense is going to be good. It's not hyperbole to suggest this could wind up being the best defense Buffalo has ever seen, and historically good in terms of the NFL. Superstars, depth, and top coaching.

Is it September yet?

I read this article a few minutes ago and all I could think was, DAMN, this defense is going to be good. It's not hyperbole to suggest this could wind up being the best defense Buffalo has ever seen, and historically good in terms of the NFL. Superstars, depth, and top coaching.

Is it September yet?

Day, Dunaway, Sestak, McDole, Stratton, Jacobs, Tracy, Edgerson, Byrd, Janik & Saimes say 'HellOOOOoo..!'

The Bar is set pretty high!

Day, Dunaway, Sestak, McDole, Stratton, Jacobs, Tracy, Edgerson, Byrd, Janik & Saimes say 'HellOOOOoo..!'

The Bar is set pretty high!

Hard to compare eras...50 years later a new standard needs to be set.

I think Rex and the Bills front office must have liked what they have in Powell. It is the only explanation as to why the team did not go after a more veteran option to backup the MLB position. I do think that the team if depleted from injury at that position could bring back Spikes who is sitting out on the street (don't think they will but you never know).

Eddie Robinson would look good behind our d line. If you can't make plays as a LB behind them, you shouldn't be in the NFL.

That's what I thought the first year we got Mario... Our LB's under Wanndsted were beyond bad

One thing I've always liked about Powell is how exceptional an athlete he really is...anyone that can go from cover corner to DE successfully has to have a spot on a TC roster.

saw this last night

@ChrisTrapasso: For perspective on Ty Powell's athleticism, here's his combine performance in 2013 vs. Luke Kuechly's in 2012. http://t.co/hlxc2Q1JX4

saw this last night

@ChrisTrapasso: For perspective on Ty Powell's athleticism, here's his combine performance in 2013 vs. Luke Kuechly's in 2012. http://t.co/hlxc2Q1JX4

He seems like a great athlete. However, it takes more than a great athlete to be a good LB. one of the least athletic guys I ever played with became a stud LB. He just had a great ability to ready plays and beat linemen to the spot.

Kuechly has really good athletic ability and is super smart. It will be interesting to see how he can transition. DE and CB are more physical, non thinking positions. If Powell will ever make it in the LB, this is his best shot.