Favorite Sports Teams

No problem. I guess for me it's probably more related to the fact that I will play in a basketball game but don't enjoy it like I do with baseball, hockey, golf, etc.

I respect that. I cant hit so baseball is out for me haha. To this day I get a high off of hearing the ball go in... nothing but net

I always wanted to know... Why are they called the Habs?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I respect that. I cant hit so baseball is out for me haha. To this day I get a high off of hearing the ball go in... nothing but net

I always wanted to know... Why are they called the Habs?

Short for "Les Habitants" even though the "H" on their jersey stands for "hockey"

CBF

Bills

Sabres

Chicago Cubs

Maria Sharapova

Niagara Ice Dogs

Oklahoma Sooners

The first three qualify me as an expert in dealing with disappointment.

Top 4 qualify for you? Since you never won with Sharapova either?

1. Buffalo Bills

2. Miami Heat

3. Buffalo Sabres

4. NY Yankees

5. Real Madrid

When I was a youngster my number one team was whoever Gretzky played for.

Hockey was my first love way before expansion ruined the game. It was my favorite sport to play too. My neighborhood street team used to challenge others all over the west side. We used to get there by foot carrying all of our equipment. School 18, 49, Nativity, the boys club on Busti ave, Highland St, and by kleinhan's music hall were a few spots we used to play at. Maybe I faced one of you? Lol

-Bills

-Sabres

-Norte Dame FB

-Live high school football games when I lived in South Florida! Deerfield Beach was one of my favorites!

-The bubble soccer ball game I saw recently at Canalside...looked like fun!

Top 4 qualify for you? Since you never won with Sharapova either?

5 Grand Slam titles, 9 if you count doubles, and mixed doubles, which is more than any active player not named Williams. A number one ranking, at least one singles title every year since 2003', a streak matched only by Navratilova, Graf and Evert, and a win percentage over 80%.

Compared to the Bills zero Super Bowl titles, the Sabres zero Stanley Cups and the Cubs zero World Series titles since Patton was a cadet, I can't bring my self to the point of disappointment with Maria.

Now if you are looking to add a fourth from my list to the misery trio, I would suggest Sooners football. (Boise State anyone?)

1. Bills

2. BMX / Snowboarding / Skateboarding (part growing up around / doing them them, part my job)

I'll watch the Sabres when they're on TV and I'm sure I'll be a good bandwagoner if / when they're good again!

I used enjoy baseball, but kinda gave up on that sport long ago - feel like you need to watch an entire season to really get into a team. NBA get's a big "meh" from me. I like golf, especially the Majors, but that's one I also like to play, so I have a vested interest...

My youngest(17) is into skateboarding, after watching him at skateparks and skateshops, I have a new appreciation for the people that are in the sport. I always saw them as slacker/stoners and while that may be the case, the way they interact at skateparks with encouragement and support and the skate shops with their product knowledge and again, willingness to help and share, it's all pretty impressive. maybe i haven't been exposed to a lot, but in my area, the local parks and shops all produced the jackass crew. I am really enjoying the whole scene....you'd never get my fat ass on a board, but i am becoming a fan.

1. Bills

2. BMX / Snowboarding / Skateboarding (part growing up around / doing them them, part my job)

I'll watch the Sabres when they're on TV and I'm sure I'll be a good bandwagoner if / when they're good again!

I used enjoy baseball, but kinda gave up on that sport long ago - feel like you need to watch an entire season to really get into a team. NBA get's a big "meh" from me. I like golf, especially the Majors, but that's one I also like to play, so I have a vested interest...