This Sandra Bland thing

bbb

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cops can arrest you for just about anything. They have to charge you within a reasonable amount of time however.

If I was a cop, I'd arrest you for jaywalking, or disturbing the peace, or some other such triviality just to throw you in the holding cell for the allotted time. I bet the other lock up denizens would just love you

One thing is for certain,he wouldn't be calling his cell mates idiots and or dumbass or any of his usual rants.Fear has a way of making PC Rambos wise up quick.

I didn't do anything when I got arrested.

what if anything were you charged with

and just out of curiosity has anyone been stopped for a faulty brake light or turn single gone home to check and fine out it's fine

Edited by ....lybob

Not charged. Arrested for tresspassing, B&E, and rape, but I had an airtight alibi (was at work at the time of the crime, with multiple witnesses). Turned out, the guy who did do it looked a hell of a lot like me. But it certainly disproves the asinine idea that "anyone who gets arrested did something."

This was some 20-25 years ago, too. Not recently.

and just out of curiosity has anyone been stopped for a faulty brake light or turn single gone home to check and fine out it's fine

Of course. Most of us are from WNY, so I'm sure many of us have gotten pulled over by Erie County Sherrif's for that or some similar bull **** ("You were doing 45 in a 45...that's speeding, because the right lane is 5mph slower than posted." No it's !@#$ing not, !@#$...)

Whenever you are pulled over immediately ask what the reason is BEFORE you submit license and proof of insurance.If the reason is a light bulb you can immediately prove its working therefore you are not required to show any documentation because the traffic stop is now considered null and void.If the officer pushes the issue simply ask for a supervisor.

Whenever you are pulled over immediately ask what the reason is BEFORE you submit license and proof of insurance.If the reason is a light bulb you can immediately prove its working therefore you are not required to show any documentation because the traffic stop is now considered null and void.If the officer pushes the issue simply ask for a supervisor.

Should I ask for the supervisor before or after the beating?

Can somebody explain why the liberals on another board I frequent are up in arms about this.

It seems that woman had some mental problems, was some sort of anti cop activist, I believe drove 24 hours, gets pulled over, goes apeshit, gets put in jail, hangs herself. What am I missing where it's all the cops fault?:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/07/18/sandra-bland-die-police-custody/30342377/

Sounds like Greg!

I see the MSM elevating this story now. What's funny is when you look at the photo of her that accompanies the headline, then look at her mugshot. One looks all staged and pretty...the mugshot looks like she's had eight years of meth in the last nine years.

sandra_bland_5_19e7fd21b6152d79f16d9c892150717-sandra-bland-01_72a100c76b5d34584

A tape was already released. The officer pulled her out of the car because she wouldn't put her cigarette out. She was arrested for what amounts to 'contempt of cop.' They said she hanged herself with a plastic bag. An autopsy is being performed, the investigators are treating it as a murder, and the FBI has seized the prison's tapes. They'll have an answer in probably a few months.

video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSpZxCOVYx8

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jul/20/sandra-bland-arrested-officer-annoyed-smoking

Edited by quinnearlysghost88

To clarify, the investigation is being performed similar to a murder investigation, in accordance with practice. It is not being treated as a murder investigation.