"How a rookie HC derailed a rookie QB"/All-22 of EJ Manuel

Isn't it great that Bills fans, whether Flutie or Johnson supporters, EJ lovers or haters, or Fred Jackson or Tashard Choice guys, can all agree that Marrone sucks.

Amen. :beer:

Yet he had many supporters when he was brought over from his PInstripe Bowl powerhouse team......

I know. It's shocking that people have the gall to change their minds as the information changes! It's CRAZY PANTS!

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to have to agree with WEO and FC but they are correct. If anyone is going to be "instilling confidence" in one of our young Quarterbacks it isn't going to be Rex Ryan. His track record tells us he has failed to develop two young Quarterbacks who were quite highly rated coming out of college.

If someone does get EJ in a better place mentally that leads to improved performance my money is on Roman not Ryan.

I hate to have to agree with WEO and FC but they are correct. If anyone is going to be "instilling confidence" in one of our young Quarterbacks it isn't going to be Rex Ryan. His track record tells us he has failed to develop two young Quarterbacks who were quite highly rated coming out of college.

If someone does get EJ in a better place mentally that leads to improved performance my money is on Roman not Ryan.

In that scenario, which I don't disagree with, Ryan gets no credit for bringing in a guy who does work well with young QBs? I mean, isn't that what you want from a coach? A guy who's going not just going to admit areas where he's weak, but make moves to address those weaknesses?

He benched Geno Smith twice in October last year, after singing Vick to the roster in the offseason after Smith's rookie year. Then he benched Vick in November and went back to Smith.

Rex also benched Snachez several times--then he brought in Drew Stanton...then Tebow...to challenge Sanchez.

Yeah, Rex is well known for instilling confidence in his young QBs.

I know you understand the point I was making but merely relish your self-appointed role as devil's advocate on the board. Kudos.

In that scenario, which I don't disagree with, Ryan gets no credit for bringing in a guy who does work well with young QBs? I mean, isn't that what you want from a coach? A guy who's going not just going to admit areas where he's weak, but make moves to address those weaknesses?

Yes he does. The same way Marrone gets credit for the Pettine and Schwartz hires.

Indeed, seems he did ok with Smith and Kaepernick.

He benched Geno Smith twice in October last year, after singing Vick to the roster in the offseason after Smith's rookie year. Then he benched Vick in November and went back to Smith.

Rex also benched Snachez several times--then he brought in Drew Stanton...then Tebow...to challenge Sanchez.

Yeah, Rex is well known for instilling confidence in his young QBs.

Rex didn't bring those guys in. He hated Tebow.

Amen. :beer:

I know. It's shocking that people have the gall to change their minds as the information changes! It's CRAZY PANTS!

What info changed about Marrone? He was a suspect hire on day 1 for many reason listed by lots of posters here back then. It's shocking that people took 2 seasons, this offseason and an internet article to realize this.

I know you understand the point I was making but merely relish your self-appointed role as devil's advocate on the board. Kudos.

Come on---your point was being made specifically in a thread about young or rookie QBs! So no, I don't understand why you would say that about Rex because I think it's the opposite of what actually is his habit with QBs.

What info changed about Marrone? He was a suspect hire on day 1 for many reason listed by lots of posters here back then. It's shocking that people took 2 seasons, this offseason and an internet article to realize this.

You like to jump to a lot of conclusions...

No denying there were many (including me) that questioned his hire from day one. But there were PLENTY of fans who never watched him coach a single game before he came to Buffalo. You're really shocked that not every fan follows SU football, or college football, closely enough to have a rock solid, totally accurate opinion about a rookie head coach? All I'm saying is that people's opinions change as the facts as they know them change.

Which is why rushing to judgement (on anything) is usually a really bad idea without knowing all the facts.

:worthy: :worthy:

one thing Yolo

some people can't handle the truth

Come on---your point was being made specifically in a thread about young or rookie QBs! So no, I don't understand why you would say that about Rex because I think it's the opposite of what actually is his habit with QBs.

My point was that Rex is an inspirational coach. That's not even opinion, it's fact. That he also pulled bad QBs who weren't playing well doesn't disprove that fact.