"How a rookie HC derailed a rookie QB"/All-22 of EJ Manuel

Marrone sucked as a coach

EJ has sucked as a QB

Marrone sucked as a coach does not = EJ will be magically become good as a QB

If Marrone were Ryan Leaf's coach, Ryan Leaf would have still sucked as a QB after Marrone left

We'll see people. If you want to argue that we don't know what we have in him, then sure, fine. You win.

But don't insult my intelligence and tell me I'm supposed to be optimistic based on what I've seen so far. He has had a few moments but who hasn't in 14 games. The QB's that the EJ dreamers continuously mock have had their moments too- Losman, Edwards, Cassel, Geno Smith, you name em. Kelly Holcomb is the equivalent of a court jester on this website (and I'm not saying he shouldn't be) but he was better in his one season as a Bill than EJ Manuel has been so far. I could go on and on.

Again, can't wait. I promise I will not be a Bill in NYC and needlessly criticize the guy if he actually performs well (see Bill's takes on Gilmore). Nothing would make me happier than to see the kid succeed and eat crow on this one. I live in freaking Denver and I'm going to three Bills home games this year. Do you think I want to fly all the way home to root against EJ Manuel?

Edited by metzelaars_lives

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JaMarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith and Joey Harrington sucked

Terry Bradshaw sucked in his rookie season

The two statistics that stand out most about Bradshaw's rookie year were his 24 interceptions and his abysmal 30.4 quarterback rating.

Aikman and Manning were bad

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000445192/article/troy-aikman-peyton-manning-among-qbs-with-bad-first-starts

want more?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24531522/nfl-draft-10-worst-first-round-quarterbacks-drafted-since-2000

Marrone sucked as a coach

EJ has sucked as a QB

Marrone sucked as a coach does not = EJ will be magically become good as a QB

If Marrone were Ryan Leaf's coach, Ryan Leaf would have still sucked as a QB after Marrone left

We'll see people. If you want to argue that we don't know what we have in him, then sure, fine. You win.

But don't insult my intelligence and tell me I'm supposed to be optimistic based on what I've seen so far. He has had a few moments but who hasn't in 14 games. The QB's that the EJ dreamers continuously mock have had their moments too- Losman, Edwards, Cassel, Geno Smith, you name em. Kelly Holcomb is the equivalent of a court jester on this website (and I'm not saying he shouldn't be) but he was better in his one season as a Bill than EJ Manuel has been so far. I could go on and on.

Again, can't wait. I promise I will not be a Bill in NYC and needlessly criticize the guy if he actually performs well (see Bill's takes on Gilmore). Nothing would make me happier than to see the kid succeed and eat crow on this one. I live in freaking Denver and I'm going to three Bills home games this year. Do you think I want to fly all the way home to root against EJ Manuel?

Clearly you aren't on an anti EJ crusade.

It's a bad look. I used to kinda like you as poster but you know deep down, you are rooting against EJ after all the crap you have talked. Sad.

I don't hate EJ, but I do find the acrobatics to defend him amusing.

goddammit I just spit my coffee on my keyboard!!!!

I believe the more appropriate phrase would be "keep an open mind and give him a chance."

But that's just me.

great minds think alike

Clearly you aren't on an anti EJ crusade.

It's a bad look. I used to kinda like you as poster but you know deep down, you are rooting against EJ after all the crap you have talked. Sad.

Did you read my entire post? I went out of my way to make it clear that I am not on an anti-EJ crusade. Please tell me one thing I wrote that you take issue with. I even conceded that if you are arguing that the jury is still out, you win. Seriously, I'm trying to meet in the middle on this one. What is your contention? That he has been amazing so far?

Seriously man. I respect you as a poster too. So every time I'm objectively skeptical about a guy, I'm rooting against them? So if I see a band that sucks tonight, I'm not allowed to say they're not that good or else I'm rooting for them to suck? I swear to God on everything I hold sacred that I am rooting for EJ Manuel to succeed. I promise.

Did you read my entire post? I went out of my way to make it clear that I am not on an anti-EJ crusade. Please tell me one thing I wrote that you take issue with. I even conceded that if you are arguing that the jury is still out, you win. Seriously, I'm trying to meet in the middle on this one. What is your contention? That he has been amazing so far?

The word dreamers is a trigger word and I think you know that. Plenty of Qbs have improved after 14 games and what I believe was an awful coaching staff.

Haters, lovers, dreamers, so corny. I'm a Bills fan and want a guy who has all the tools and we spend a 1st round pick on to be a good qb. Why try to bash that?

I know it's subtle, but people here who are still open minded about EJ, are just that... they want to see if he'll develop in a (theoretically) better system. I doubt you'll see too many defending EJ if he doesn't show any development this year.

Agree I'm open minded about this. However, it looks like if anything Rex is going to run more than Marrone.

The word dreamers is a trigger word and I think you know that. Plenty of Qbs have improved after 14 games and what I believe was an awful coaching staff.

Haters, lovers, dreamers, so corny. I'm a Bills fan and want a guy who has all the tools and we spend a 1st round pick on to be a good qb. Why try to bash that?

Someone else came up with "dreamer" a while back and I thought it was kinda funny. Oh well. It was purely in retaliation for constantly being called a "hater" for thinking there is less than a 50% chance that EJ develops into a franchise QB. Is that so radical a stance? If you polled all the guys on NFL Network, ESPN and the Adam Schefters of the world, they would all agree with me. Every last one of them. I'm still trying to figure out what I've said that would lead anyone to believe that I am rooting against him.

Someone else came up with "dreamer" a while back and I thought it was kinda funny. Oh well. It was purely in retaliation for constantly being called a "hater" for thinking there is less than a 50% chance that EJ develops into a franchise QB. Is that so radical a stance? If you polled all the guys on NFL Network, ESPN and the Adam Schefters of the world, they would all agree with me. Every last one of them. I'm still trying to figure out what I've said that would lead anyone to believe that I am rooting against him.

I certainly hope you don't form your opinions on NFL players based upon what the Adam Schefters of the world think.

I truthfully don't understand why the "digging in" on both sides of the EJ issue has gotten so out of hand. Haters, dreamers, whatever. As Bills fans we all want the guy to succeed. He has shown both good and bad flashes in his (very) brief career, and it's fact (not opinion) that the coaching he has received to this point is dubious at best. Is it so unreasonable to wait before passing judgment and making your "less than 50% chance" proclamations? Christ, that's all any of the reasonable folks on this board are asking for.

I certainly hope you don't form your opinions on NFL players based upon what the Adam Schefters of the world think.

I truthfully don't understand why the "digging in" on both sides of the EJ issue has gotten so out of hand. Haters, dreamers, whatever. As Bills fans we all want the guy to succeed. He has shown both good and bad flashes in his (very) brief career, and it's fact (not opinion) that the coaching he has received to this point is dubious at best. Is it so unreasonable to wait before passing judgment and making your "less than 50% chance" proclamations? Christ, that's all any of the reasonable folks on this board are asking for.

i think most of us would agree less than 50% -- heck, most great prospects are 50% or lower, realistically. but yea, ill agree i dont get the rush to take him out back and shoot his career.

Dude I swear to God I'm trying to be cool about this. So on a website dedicated to Buffalo Bills football you are telling me that it's inappropriate to predict whether or not one of our quarterbacks will develop into a franchise QB after two years in the league? Seriously?

And if it doesn't matter what Adam Schefter thinks then pick another NFL analyst. He agrees with me too.

Dude I swear to God I'm trying to be cool about this. So on a website dedicated to Buffalo Bills football you are telling me that it's inappropriate to predict whether or not one of our quarterbacks will develop into a franchise QB after two years in the league? Seriously?

There's a rush to be the first to predict either greatness or failure...and I don't get it. Sorry.

There's a rush to be the first to predict either greatness or failure...and I don't get it. Sorry.

I wish the Bills over the past 20 years had been in such a rush to FIND greatness! QB...

Agree I'm open minded about this. However, it looks like if anything Rex is going to run more than Marrone.

The problem isn't the run/pass ratio, it's the obvious tendencies opposing DC pick up while reaching that ratio. Marrone, for the most part had the right idea of trying to be a physicall running team that would try to keep at it and not become one dimensional.

The problem Marrone had was that his offense was painfully predictable throwing that healthy ratio out the window.

Then what are they going to do with Watkins, Harvin, Woods and Clay? I seriously doubt that the passing game is going to be underutilized unless all three QBs just plain suck.

Who hired Marrone and Hackett, kept them until Doug resigned and still has a job? Same guys who hired Rex?

EJ never had a chance and probably still won't.

no, not the same people who hired Rex and Roman. Anyway, hello Rip Van Winkle. We have new owners and they were heavily involved in the hiring process and willing to pay big bucks. They were not here when Marrone and Hackett were hired. Edited by YoloinOhio