Bills' Camp @ SJF: Week 1 Day 6 - Begins on Page 64

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read the same reports as you the last 3 days. It seems to be a theme. He made the great throw to Woods but other than that he has been bad by the accounts that I have read (Fairburn, Rodak, Dunne, Carucci, Buscaglia, etc...). It doesn't sound like anyone has been particularly good but EJ has been the worst (hence only 1 session with the 1's).

To be fair, Buscaglia has had Cassel as his worst QB the first 2 days.

Tyrod did the same thing a few times yesterday, just FYI.

Yea I know Taylor isn't good but if he is just as bad at throwing, at least he can run. Plays can be designed for him that EJ couldn't execute to save his life.

Edited by jletha

Do people really believe that there is some "anti-EJ" agenda? If so, why do you believe that? I'm just trying to figure out why we try so hard here to justify every mistake that he makes? Or any Bills player for that matter, there is going to be some good and some bad. That is football. For some reason though, we feel the need to make excuses for the bad. If you make more good than bad you will have success. It doesn't sound like the offense is doing that at the moment.

Pretty sure he did that his rookie year. Problem was he kept getting hurt.

You can't even compare EJs running ability to Taylor's. They're in different categories completely. Taylor can run like a young Vick.

Do people really believe that there is some "anti-EJ" agenda? If so, why do you believe that? I'm just trying to figure out why we try so hard here to justify every mistake that he makes? Or any Bills player for that matter, there is going to be some good and some bad. That is football. For some reason though, we feel the need to make excuses for the bad. If you make more good than bad you will have success. It doesn't sound like the offense is doing that at the moment.

I think it's more to the point they are singling out all of his mistakes. I didn't see any vines from yesterday of meh throwing the ball 5 yards of target (and he did).

You can't even compare EJs running ability to Taylor's. They're in different categories completely. Taylor can run like a young Vick.

I'm not comparing them, just stating he can and has run. Edited by The Wiz

Kirby... I'm as guilty as anyone about defending EJ, I guess in my case I still believe he's our best hope. I agree, a common theme these past few days has been the defense is dominating. Offense might be playing against the best defense in the league.

So EJ had last reps with the 1s and all that was reported was a rumbled snap. Like I said, it be nice to hear more than just things like that, I know those generate clicks but it would be nice.

I wouldn't call it anti-EJ as I previously said Buscaglia was Meh Cassel as his worst QB through 2 practices. I think it's the over reporting of what he is doing wrong and not reporting on what else is going on with the other QBs.

I think it's more to the point they are singling out all of his mistakes. I didn't see any vines from yesterday of meh throwing the ball 5 yards of target (and he did).

There was a lot of talk about his play (specifically Buscaglia as Wayne mentioned). If we read "EJ badly overthrows Hogan" it isn't some conspiracy or Hogan ran the wrong route. EJ made a bad throw.

If it feels like he has been singled out its probably because he has been the worst of the group )not an anti-EJ agenda). He has only played with the 1's once so far which tells me that is how the coaches feel as well.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I'm not comparing them, just stating he can and has run.

Sure he can run. He can run for a couple yards if the picket collapses. But you can't design run plays for him. He can't get to the outside and cut upfield. He's not very elusive. He can run for scrambling. You asked what plays can Taylor run that EJ can't, and now you're saying "I'm not comparing them." Frank Summers could run, you want him to replace McCoy at RB? Because that's about the difference in ability we're looking at here