bills facility tour with rex ryan

i have never been to a pro facility. from i saw when rex did his tour was impressive. how does our facility rank compared to other teams?

It is considered one of, if not the best. There are some newer ones (like Tampa) that may have passed it but the Bills facility is right near the top. I guess that it shouldn't be surprising though in that they spend a lot more time indoors than someone like Miami for example.

Much of the work they did to the stadium last year was actually for the benefit of the team, not just the fans. New locker room, weight room, expanded food offerings and facilities, upgraded meeting areas... The Field House (Adpro Training Center) was already top-of-the-line for an indoor practice facility. People who come in really are blown away.

Ha ha, I am sure that the downtown facility will be really nice. Supposedly the site has been picked and the ball is rolling. I don't know many details beyond the location.

everything the Pegulas have built so far is so impressive and first class. Down to every last detail. I expect the new stadium will reflect this as well.

The practice facilities, etc will all stay in OP, correct? Just the stadium will be downtown?

everything the Pegulas have built so far is so impressive and first class. Down to every last detail. I expect the new stadium will reflect this as well.

The practice facilities, etc will all stay in OP, correct? Just the stadium will be downtown?

Not sure but I doubt it. I would guess that the operation all moves downtown (strictly a guess though).

Not sure but I doubt it. I would guess that the operation all moves downtown (strictly a guess though).

interesting... I know a couple stadiums that are downtown like Colts, Browns, and Chargers (maybe more, those are just off the top of my head) have their facilities elsewhere. Stadium just used for Gameday and other events. Since they already have such a nice one and don't "need" a new one, thought they might keep it there. But, pegs might want everything in one place.

interesting... I know a couple stadiums that are downtown like Colts, Browns, and Chargers (maybe more, those are just off the top of my head) have their facilities elsewhere. Stadium just used for Gameday and other events. Since they already have such a nice one and don't "need" a new one, thought they might keep it there. But, pegs might want everything in one place.

I'm sure the offices could be found downtown. But the Bubble or Practice Facility would need another football sized area. That would probably have to be built on the fringes somewhere. There is not a great reason to do so, especially immediately. I would imagine for the first few years they keep the practice field at Orchard Park unless something quick is done with the land there. It maybe better for the players to be away a little bit anyway.

If they have a roof on the stadium (even retractable) do they need another indoor facility? They can just use that and have the administration offices & weight room, etc... They may need an outdoor field or 2 on the property.

Again, this is totally a guess. That is how I would do it if I were designing it. The only issue that you would run into is when there are other events in the building you would lose your practice space. How often is that? You could always build the practice facility in the same building if you really wanted something separate.

How did we compare around the league before the recent renovations? From what I understand we were towards the bottom, right?

No, the practice facility itself has been considered as good as any (kind of like the Bills Training Camp operation). The lounges and locker rooms are nicer now but not significantly (at least the ones in the practice facility). The changes to the stadium though may have improved the locker rooms there.

This might sound crazy, but could you have a practice facility underneath the stadium?

Double dip on the same footprint?

I don't know. My thought was the field could be used for kicking, etc... So they wouldn't need the high roof there. Perhaps certain sections would be movable with the practice surface behind? I don't really know but those buildings are massive. I'm sure that there are creative ways to get it done.

Not sure if it was addressed as part of the renovations over the last two off-seasons, but I was told while on a stadium tour when renovations were starting on RWS that the visiting locker room was one of the worst in the NFL.

I hope they kept it that way...

I'm sure the offices could be found downtown. But the Bubble or Practice Facility would need another football sized area. That would probably have to be built on the fringes somewhere. There is not a great reason to do so, especially immediately. I would imagine for the first few years they keep the practice field at Orchard Park unless something quick is done with the land there. It maybe better for the players to be away a little bit anyway.

One possibility I've heard is that a new practice facility could be built in Amherst, so that it could be partially shared with UB.

It is considered one of, if not the best. There are some newer ones (like Tampa) that may have passed it but the Bills facility is right near the top. I guess that it shouldn't be surprising though in that they spend a lot more time indoors than someone like Miami for example.

I've been in the Tampa locker room which is oddly small. The explanation was they had to make room for the press when they have Super Bowls. Not sure if they took some of that space back in between SB's but there are high schools in Texas with locker rooms bigger than what we saw. The rest of the facilities I'd bet are great, and the turf will remind you of the greens at Augusta National.

Not sure if it was addressed as part of the renovations over the last two off-seasons, but I was told while on a stadium tour when renovations were starting on RWS that the visiting locker room was one of the worst in the NFL.

Yeah, the everyday locker room for the team is in the facility (except rookies). They make the rookies use the locker room in the stadium until they officially make the team. The stadium ones weren't very nice at all. Edited by Kirby Jackson

I've been in the Tampa locker room which is oddly small. The explanation was they had to make room for the press when they have Super Bowls. Not sure if they took some of that space back in between SB's but there are high schools in Texas with locker rooms bigger than what we saw. The rest of the facilities I'd bet are great, and the turf will remind you of the greens at Augusta National.

oh yes indeed that happens to me all the time.

wtf are you talking about you crazy loon?

I think its in Georgia. I know they had some nice Magnolia bushes down there in 68-70. I have picture in my attic.

Tampa Bucs Locker rooms and Magnolia flowers. not seeing the connection yet

Edited by 3rdand12

The new one?

Pegula World... A TV one inch bigger then Jerry World. Edited by Beef Jerky

The new one?

Yep, new stadium (Raymond James). Everyone in our group was shocked by how small it was. We only saw the Buc's locker room, but I'm sure they didn't give the visitors the nice stuff. As I said, it may have been changed back since a lot of room was taken to allow for media, or at least that's what they told us. That was about 6 years ago. Maybe they've upgraded since? Walking on the field was amazing. It was off season though, so no wear and tear to deal with. USF plays there too.

Edited by Augie

Yep, new stadium (Raymond James). Everyone in our group was shocked by how small it was. We only saw the Buc's locker room, but I'm sure they didn't give the visitors the nice stuff. As I said, it may have been changed back since a lot of room was taken to allow for media, or at least that's what they told us. That was about 6 years ago. Maybe they've upgraded since? Walking on the field was amazing. It was off season though, so no wear and tear to deal with. USF plays there too.

I was talking about this place: http://www.buccaneers.com/team-and-stats/one-buc-place.html