Dareus seems keen on staying (update: Talks at a standstill)

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He also said not capital B big. Locking up the best player we have drafted in the past 15 years because he loves Buffalo and the direction of the team would be capital B big news (IMO).

Welp, just the opposite it turns out:

http://pro32.ap.org/article/ap-sources-bills-contract-talks-dareus-standstill

So sick of JW's anti md stance!

Jokes aside I really hope this gets worked out. Pure conjecture on my part but Dareus seems like the kind of guy who would be distracted by this. On the flip side, being taken care I think would help his play tremendously. 6 years 100 million doesn't seem that bad to me for what he brings. Probably Bills fan bias but he is at least close to as good as suh is minus the baggage and at least close to as good as McCoy. He has to be in consideration for top dt in the league definitely top 5.

He also said not capital B big. Locking up the best player we have drafted in the past 15 years because he loves Buffalo and the direction of the team would be capital B big news (IMO).

Welp, just the opposite it turns out:

http://pro32.ap.org/article/ap-sources-bills-contract-talks-dareus-standstill

" At a standstill" doesn't mean that they are not talking and/or are far apart.

Yeah. "At a standstill" could mean just not moving as they wait for the team photographer to take a snapshot of them happy after agreeing to a deal.

Or maybe they need to find the scared lemur to do a sit-down with Marcell...

Talks are at a standstill, and there's a real concern a deal won't get done based on how little talking has gone on, because the longer this drags on, the more likely the Bills will be placed in a position to tag him.

I realize it's still "early," but some are raising concerns that it's getting a little late.

jw

unclear, but a happy and focused Dareus would be better than a distracted Dareus.

jw

True, but isn't there a specific date after which teams are not allowed to negotiate? That's what I was referring to. Or maybe I'm confused with something else related to free agency.