Sabres on NBC-NBCSN 5 Times Next Season

26CornerBlitz

Just like Schoop and the Bulldog basing their whole show yesterday on whether they would trade #2 plus a lot up to get #1, I think the standing ovation thinking is premature.

This thing is so far from being over - mainly because - Toronto!

I didn't mind rooting for Arizona, they're a Western Conference team with no fan base to even have an opinion on. Rooting for the Leafs however, that's gonna be hard.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL

I just look at it this way...

If you have a team in the desert and still can not get fans in to a frozen arena then you dont deserve to have an NHL team

CBF

Houston had an AHL team that averaged 8,000 a game, which was like 8th place in the league. But the city of Houston is mostly transplants like myself.

I used to love the story that went something like this: Jack Kent Cooke kept pushing for a team in Los Angeles. One of his arguments was that there "are 300,000 Canadians living in Los Angeles."....He got the team in the '67 expansion. And, the attendance was horrible.............Then he said "No wonder all these people left Canada. They hate hockey!"

I used to let that bother me. I guess I've grown softer and just learned to accept them at this point. I do hate the Panthers though. I see them on the schedule and its instantly a game I could care less to attend. Boring. It sucks watching a game when you know that there are no fans on the other side watching the game save a few hundred people maybe in Miami? They are like nothing games. No history. Crap uniforms. No atmosphere. Do away with em.

Traveling today and just got to Vogls column. Man, I think this Season ) can end really ugly for this team. By that I mean if the players keep celebrating every win like it s a Stanley cup and kinda throwing it in the fan faces.....just think it can put a big schism between the fans and players still here next year.

Don't like this at all. Just no winner at all.... Players, fans, management

Traveling today and just got to Vogls column. Man, I think this Season ) can end really ugly for this team. By that I mean if the players keep celebrating every win like it s a Stanley cup and kinda throwing it in the fan faces.....just think it can put a big schism between the fans and players still here next year.

Don't like this at all. Just no winner at all.... Players, fans, management

Would THAT be ironic?

This is exactly what I would wish upon any other city/team/fans that were doing this....pretty sure many people here would too.

Listen, I am done with Watkins. Have no idea why he posts when he says he hopes a Buffalo team gets screwed on a Buffalo sports board. Just trolling and I am done getting worked up ....I was an idiot for getting worked up on the weekend over his posts...just feeding what he wants. Think if we all just ignore he will go away.

Hoppe tweeting Ritso out sick tonight, Lindbach starting, Ennis in.

Hmm, Risto out sick...interesting.

And if freaking Mezarous is a plus player tonight and scores again.....don't think my dog will be happy to live in my house.

I won't reply to Watkins, that's for sure.

This whole thing seems to be driven by the Buffalo News. They wanted their story on Thursday, and the crowd was not nearly what they made it out to be. But, they were going to stick to their story, no matter the facts.

Now, the players seem to have got fired up by them. Asking the same question over and over.

Listen, I am done with Watkins. Have no idea why he posts when he says he hopes a Buffalo team gets screwed on a Buffalo sports board. Just trolling and I am done getting worked up ....I was an idiot for getting worked up on the weekend over his posts...just feeding what he wants. Think if we all just ignore he will go away.

Hoppe tweeting Ritso out sick tonight, Lindbach starting, Ennis in.

Hmm, Risto out sick...interesting.

And if freaking Mezarous is a plus player tonight and scores again.....don't think my dog will be happy to live in my house.

That's exactly what I didn't say.

I said it's "what I would wish upon any other city/team/fans that were doing this" and that most here would too.

Was just on SS, one of the mods over there reporting that Pysyk is still not doing full workouts ( remember he collapsed playing BB) and their is still no diagnosis of what happened...kinda scary I am sure for him..

And I think he is a big part of the future here.

Was just on SS, one of the mods over there reporting that Pysyk is still not doing full workouts ( remember he collapsed playing BB) and their is still no diagnosis of what happened...kinda scary I am sure for him..

And I think he is a big part of the future here.

This really is worrisome. I can't really think of anybody that this has happened to.

Man, I just listened to Hamilton on GR. Talking about how happy the players were to " stick it to the fans". How he has not seen a Sabre team celebrate like that since a playoff series win.

This is not going to end well fellas, think some bridges are going to be permanently burned.

I mean think of what they are saying....we have extra motivation now to win games to spite our fans, and are trying really now to do that. Cause our pride was hurt.

Where was that pride when you lost 17 in a row ... We're you not giving max effort then....as your coach has continually claimed.

Arghhh this is just passing me off to no end.

Edited by plenzmd1

Man, I just listened to Hamilton on GR. Talking about how happy the players were to " stick it to the fans". How he has not seen a Sabre team celebrate like that since a playoff series win.

This is not going to end well fellas, think some bridges are going to be permanently burned.

I mean think of what they are saying....we have extra motivation now to win games to spite our fans, and are trying really now to do that. Cause our pride was hurt.

Where was that pride when you lost 17 in a row ... We're you not giving max effort then....as your coach has continually claimed.

Hmmm...maybe something HERE will be considered ironic?
I am certain there is some irony somewhere in this whole tanking thing. Yolo, what do you think...ironic yet?

Arghhh this is just passing me off to no end.

This has got me so pissed off and worried about tonight that I need Zevo to come and declare everything lost!

This has got me so pissed off and worried about tonight that I need Zevo to come and declare everything lost!

Kinda glad I am not getting home till about 830. Torn whether to listen on GR or just wait till I get home and endure the pain from the beginning.

Although must say I am coming to grips again with the 3rd pick. Yes, I need some company.

I am certain there is some irony somewhere in this whole tanking thing. Yolo, what do you think...ironic yet?

The irony is that they're prodding the bear, which is 18K nutjobs that regularly fill an arena for a two-year losing program.

As of now the Sharks have a 3.5% chance of the first overall pick! Wouldn't that be sweet! :thumbsup:

Dante, I am counting on your Sharks to completely go in the tank and lose at least one of the upcoming home and home with the Yotes.

I think they have it in them, possibly even two losses if Thorton really wants out, or wants the the GM OUT. Either way, they are my favorite team for team for now outside the Leafs, Islanders, and Blackhawks!

No soup for you

The one potentially ironic scenario I can think of is if the the Sabres do not succeed with the McEichel tank and do not get one of the top two, but draft a player 3rd or later who actually ends up being the generational player instead/ultimately leads the team to lord Stanley.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Where was this effort all season ??? Oh they're motivated now..???? Why were they not motivated to skate like this ALL SEASON !!!! What a disfuntional phony organization starting with Pegula on down. This is much worse than tanking which I believe is just crazy talk fueled by pundits to increase their own ratings. No this is just a scam by Murray on all of us that paid good money to watch this Micky Mouse of an organization. Not one more dollar for these phonies.

It's really to the point where I just can't care anymore...for whatever reason the team is playing way better than any team at the bottom..,,it's slipping away....nothing anyone can do.

I don't know if it's full of irony, but it is definitely full of "lulz"!

Get out of this thread

Where was this effort all season ??? Oh they're motivated now..???? Why were they not motivated to skate like this ALL SEASON !!!! What a disfuntional phony organization starting with Pegula on down. This is much worse than tanking which I believe is just crazy talk fueled by pundits to increase their own ratings. No this is just a scam by Murray on all of us that paid good money to watch this Micky Mouse of an organization. Not one more dollar for these phonies.

I am with ya brother....how can they look in the mirror and say we are going all out to screw the fans cause they hurt our pride......17 losses in a row, and a 30th place finish and 29th place finish , your coach saying every game we have passengers, have not hurt that before????

Watching press conference..pride in the locker room?????? WTF where was that question in January.

Get out of this thread

Ban me for life, I don't care. This dude is enjoying Buffalo fans pain, and we continue to let him post here. Whether it is Bills or Sabres , he is the biggest troll I have ever seen on a board. I just can't get my head around why someone would want to do what he does....

I have no idea how banning works, hopefully it's by IP address . I can't take this dude telling me how piss poor Buffalo fans are anymore....whether it's his blowing the Pats or telling a whole fan base( the only reason for this board BTW) they deserve to get screwed.

But god forbids someone calls one individual an idiot...this guy calls the whole board idiots and continues to enjoy posting privilidhes

Ban me for life, I don't care. This dude is enjoying Buffalo fans pain, and we continue to let him post here. Whether it is Bills or Sabres , he is the biggest troll I have ever seen on a board. I just can't get my head around why someone would want to do what he does....

I have no idea how banning works, hopefully it's by IP address . I can't take this dude telling me how piss poor Buffalo fans are anymore....whether it's his blowing the Pats or telling a whole fan base( the only reason for this board BTW) they deserve to get screwed.

But god forbids someone calls one individual an idiot...this guy calls the whole board idiots and continues to enjoy posting privilidhes

Step back, and get some perspective. You sound insane.

I am a huge Bills fan, and have plenty of pre-deflation posts expressing hatred for the Pats, and love for the Bills. But the myopic, and self righteous opinions of some fans here, regarding the actions of the Pegula owned Sabres and The NE Pats are completely hypocritical.

Now you want to ban me from the site for noting the double standards of some fans here...not ALL Buffalo fans. I don't know what you are afraid of.

I am with ya brother....how can they look in the mirror and say we are going all out to screw the fans cause they hurt our pride......17 losses in a row, and a 30th place finish and 29th place finish , your coach saying every game we have passengers, have not hurt that before????

Watching press conference..pride in the locker room?????? WTF where was that question in January.

Indeed! I caught the interview with Meszaros before the game tonight and they asked him what he did to change his game recently. He said he didn't change anything, he just decided to work harder. If that's not a big phuck you to the fans, I don't know what is. And then to hear they were celebrating in the locker room like they won the Cup after beating AZ, well that's all I need to know about this merry band of losers.

I honestly think we saw them win their last game of the season tonight. The wins against AZ and TO were predictable given the schedules. I am not worried in the least. We will be parking the tank by season's end.

Sadly...I got nuthin

They got a real problem on their hands now....I have a feeling this team is going down as the most hated team EVER in Buffalo sports. And it's not cause they are going to blow this...it's cause they are going to blow this to SPITE Buffalo fans.

I still can't get over how happy they are in the locker room.....it's like a total FU to the fan base. I get them trying,I get them being happy, but to see the pure joy at getting meaningless wins and gunning for 29th is just as bad as Watkins throwing it in our face.

It's like a football player talking trash after scoring a touchdown when They are down 35-7....really, you think pride means celebrating getting while getting your ass kicked?

I know I am posse, but I get the distinct notion these guys think they accomplished something if they get 29th....wow

It's really to the point where I just can't care anymore...for whatever reason the team is playing way better than any team at the bottom..,,it's slipping away....nothing anyone can do.

This is what I'm looking for! Your despair has pulled us thru here many times!

They got a real problem on their hands now....I have a feeling this team is going down as the most hated team EVER in Buffalo sports. And it's not cause they are going to blow this...it's cause they are going to blow this to SPITE Buffalo fans.

I still can't get over how happy they are in the locker room.....it's like a total FU to the fan base. I get them trying,I get them being happy, but to see the pure joy at getting meaningless wins and gunning for 29th is just as bad as Watkins throwing it in our face.

It's like a football player talking trash after scoring a touchdown when They are down 35-7....really, you think pride means celebrating getting while getting your ass kicked?

I know I am posse, but I get the distinct notion these guys think they accomplished something if they get 29th....wow

I agree with all this. But, I also wonder how much was stirred up by the aholes at the News? Listening on the radio and watching on TV on Thursday, I didn't hear these boos that supposedly happened. The only thing I really saw was the cheering for the game winner, which was such a nerve wracker, you couldn't hold that in.

But, the News writers just keep pounding. The only one they got to say crap was Weber. And, guess who the Buffalo hockey writers nominated for the Masterson Trophy yesterday - none other than Mike Weber. Nothing fishy there.

the Players are dumb, do they think we are going to support them next year if they screw this up? Tthey think it is bad bad now wait till we are booing the crap out of you for being sorry players that are constantly getting owned and are know better than you are now.

Indeed! I caught the interview with Meszaros before the game tonight and they asked him what he did to change his game recently. He said he didn't change anything, he just decided to work harder. If that's not a big phuck you to the fans, I don't know what is. And then to hear they were celebrating in the locker room like they won the Cup after beating AZ, well that's all I need to know about this merry band of losers.

I honestly think we saw them win their last game of the season tonight. The wins against AZ and TO were predictable given the schedules. I am not worried in the least. We will be parking the tank by season's end.

I hope you are right, if we don't get last place all this losing is for nothing.